Honored Social Butterfly

The left has taken over the Politics and Current Event Board

Posters...321, TX, John258, runner50, Mandm, oldscout66 and others on the left have taken over the P & C board and show they will do anyting to get others that do not agree with them off.

They own it...pushy people seem to get their way....attack, attack, bait, bait, iinsult, insult, make snide reamrk whatever they can do.  It seem to work as many have left the P & C board. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

@corb0503 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
What Obama said was that it was Congress job to approve his budget and that he would not discuss it unless they FIRST approved what he wanted. That's not negotiating.

Yes, Obama said he would not negotiate...and he wonders why things do not get done.

Why should Obama negotiate?  They wanted him to surrender, not compromise.

Because the president cannot make laws, cannot fund his agenda, cannot do anything without Congress.  Because every president before Obama understood that and negotiated and compromised to move the country forward.  Because he's the president, not the king.  And by the way, YOU don't know if they wanted him to "surrender" or what they wanted him to do.  You don't know because the only way to find out is to negotiate and King Obama thought he was better than every past president and that he shouldn't have to do that. 

If somebody following the news cannot determine what one party expects why do you claim to know exactly what Obama should have done?

View solution in original post

Honored Social Butterfly

TX POSTED..

That's what I learned from your continuous crying postings about people lying about you. Good finale to this thread.+

I posted...

I hope you keep your word.

No Tx could not keep his word.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TX POSTED..

That's what I learned from your continuous crying postings about people lying about you. Good finale to this thread.+

I posted...

Crying again?  Still proving me right Kiddie boy?   Smiley crying baby 1.gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Kidboy2, the Left could never take over this board as long as you, a shining example of the Right Wing Intelligentsia, and example of the true electors of the Tea Party are here to fend us off.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

MIseker wrote:

Kidboy2, the Left could never take over this board as long as you, a shining example of the Right Wing Intelligentsia, and example of the true electors of the Tea Party are here to fend us off.

Exactly. Liberals taking over will never happen as long as KidBoy acts as the Iron Dome fending us off like Palestinian rockets.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Quackers wrote:

@Cascade52 wrote:

Soosie, Grandpa is a quixotic old man.  He craves attention and loves discord and this is why he often insults people and tries his best to start fights with them. It is best just to ignore him.

Projection on steroids.

His words are just those of a Troll and old man pretending to be a woman.  He knows nothing about me.

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

TX posted...

I'll call him Kiddie because that is what he acts like.

wow! I just can not get as low as posting that about another...Tx you take the prize.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TX posted...

I'll call him Kiddie because that is what he acts like.

wow! I just can not get as low as posting that about another...Tx you take the prize.

I've been taking lessons from the expert....you!!!  Now about those wide-screen TVs that you claim the poor spluges on?  Or what about President Romney?

Honored Social Butterfly

TX posted..

I've been taking lessons from the expert....you!!! Now about those wide-screen TVs that you claim the poor spluges on? Or what about President Romney?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Childish plus....
~~
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TX posted..

I've been taking lessons from the expert....you!!! Now about those wide-screen TVs that you claim the poor spluges on? Or what about President Romney?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Childish plus....
~~

That's what I learned from your continuous crying postings about people lying about you.  Good finale to this thread.

Honored Social Butterfly

TX POSTED..

FYI When anyone posts personal information about me that is not true (lies) I will defend myself....you can continue to post about me and my crying (name calling is against TOS) about people lying about me ....that is uncalled about and so how childish your posts to me are.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

You should email FOX and tell them to allow comments on their threads. They use to but when the "other side" started responding, they stopped allowing comments.

That isn't "fair and balanced." At least ALL views are allowed here. FOX only allows one view....THEIR view........Smiley

Honored Social Butterfly

Kiddy and the right wingers can always go post on the Fox threads. Oh, wait, aren' t those threads not allowing folks to post anymore? Guess it's their "fair and balanced" approach.

Or they can go post on Rush's, Beck's or Mark Levine's sites. You'll find plenty of hate, bigotry and fear mongering there. You can buy Beck's "survivial supplies" and be ready for "the end."

Smiley

Honored Social Butterfly

Ive been gone 2 years and i can still say you are repeating yourself. Proof that wisdom does not come with age.

So it begins.
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Posters...321, TX, John258, runner50, Mandm, oldscout66 and others on the left have taken over the P&C board and show they will do anyting to get others that do not agree with them off.

They own it...pushy people seem to get their way....attack, attack, bait, bait, iinsult, insult, make snide reamrk whatever they can do.  It seem to work as many have left the P & C board. 

You are correct, KidBoy2.

I cannot believe the amount of hate expressed by these people toward anyone who disagrees with their views.

I can't believe the AARP allows these malcontents to so mean and vicious toward good people who have different opinions than they do about politics.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TheRaffertyView wrote:

I can't believe the AARP allows these malcontents to so mean and vicious toward good people who have different opinions than they do about politics.

I can't believe that they let malcontents with multiple identities post multiple, repeated, baiting topics and posts.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The RaffertyView

"

Posters...321, TX, John258, runner50, Mandm, oldscout66 and others on the left have taken over the P&C board and show they will do anyting to get others that do not agree with them off.

I cannot believe the amount of hate expressed by these people toward anyone who disagrees with their views.

I can't believe the AARP allows these malcontents to so mean and vicious toward good people who have different opinions than they do about politics."

Don't you mean the amount of hate expressed by right wing pundits and media? Have you heard the rants of Mark Levin? He told one caller who disagreed with him, "Well I don’t know why your husband doesn’t put a gun to his temple. Get the hell out of here." (http://theamericanscene.com/2009/05/22/-i-don-t-know-why-your-husband-doesn-t-put-a-gun-to-his-templ...

Or the MANY hate comments by Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, etc. NO ONE expresses hate and vitriol like right wing hate mongers.....but they claim they are "Christians."

LOTS of money behind them though as they rangle in the sheep.

Politico Exposes Dirty Money Behind Right-Wing Hate Radio (VIDEO)

http://www.theeverlastinggopstoppers.com/2014/04/politico-exposes-dirty-money-right-wing-hate-radio-...

“A POLITICO review of filings with the Internal Revenue Service and Federal Election Commission, as well as interviews and reviews of radio shows, found that conservative groups spent nearly $22 million to broker and pay for involved advertising relationships known as sponsorships with a handful of influential talkers including Beck, Sean Hannity, Laura Ingraham, Mark Levin and Rush Limbaugh between the first talk radio deals in 2008 and the end of 2012. Since then, the sponsorship deals have grown more lucrative and tea party-oriented, with legacy groups like The Heritage Foundation ending their sponsorships and groups like the Tea Party Patriots placing big ad buys."

Politico warns that the huge amounts of ad buys and other support to these echo-chamber groups that consistently push false, misleading and often racist narratives can and will have a profound impact on the 2014 mid-term elections in November.

Unfortunately, these radio hosts have massive, gullible audiences that are easily manipulated by the constant drum-beat of negativity and often conspiratorial nature of the narrative. As such, it’s imperative that progressives and liberals continue to expose the lies and hypocrisy that these groups push – and make sure that those on the left turn out in huge numbers in November.

Please talk a moment and read the entire article on Politico HERE:

The tea party radio network

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/tea-party-radio-network-105774.html?hp=t1

Glenn Beck worked the crowd like a preacher at a rally this month in Louisville, Ky., declaring that God had responded to conservatives’ prayers by sending a slate of tea party candidates to wrest control of the Republican Party from Mitch McConnell.

But there was a more earthly benefit to the arrangement that brought Beck to the rally. It was organized by the tea party nonprofit group FreedomWorks, which had endorsed the candidates — and which has paid more than $6 million in recent years to have Beck promote the group, its initiatives and events.

The FreedomWorks-Beck relationship is just one example of a powerful and profitable alliance between the conservative movement’s most aggressive groups and the most popular radio hosts. The details of the arrangements are little-known, but they have been lucrative for the recipients, and, in turn, have helped ensure that the groups get coveted airtime from hosts with a demonstrated ability to leverage their tens of millions of listeners to shape American politics. It’s an alliance that helped spawn the anti-establishment tea party and power Republicans to landslide victories in the 2010 midterms. It’s also exacerbated congressional gridlock by pushing a hard line on the budget, immigration and Obamacare, and it is roiling the Republican Party headed into critical midterm elections.

Honored Social Butterfly

I removed the post...duplicate
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@TheRaffertyView wrote:

Back after a year's hiatus?   And we were just getting familar with Cessna again.  Tell your friend AmericanIdle hi for us.

Honored Social Butterfly

TheRaffertyView wrote:

Did you tire of using CessnaCJ76 already? How sad since we were just getting to know him. *dying laughing*

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@Quackers wrote:

@TheRaffertyView wrote:

Did you tire of using CessnaCJ76 already? How sad since we were just getting to know him. *dying laughing*

That name "RaffertyView" sounded familiar, and now I remember why. Remember when AmericanIdle got banned? Yeah, this was the person who was supposedly being an advocate for them, but me thinks they are one in the same.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (13 pages of lies and growing)
Honored Social Butterfly

@BigLib wrote:

That name "RaffertyView" sounded familiar, and now I remember why. Remember when AmericanIdle got banned? Yeah, this was the person who was supposedly being an advocate for them, but me thinks they are one in the same.

Yep, they are all the same person. There used to be threads with many replies, but only one person doing the posting.

Honored Social Butterfly

Big Lib, he has numerous used IDs which he utilizes on this website. At one point in time AARP finally caught on, but he's back to his old tricks, signing on with multiple User IDs.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Big Lib, he has numerous used IDs which he uses on this website. At one point in time AARP finally caught on, but he's back to his old tricks, signing on with multiple User IDs.

He sticks out like a sore thumb whether it's a familiar old ID or a brand new one.
Silver Conversationalist

Someone omitted the Populists. Most Americans are populists..not liberals. Populists advance the American ideals as liberals do but populists also believe that backward states that hang onto to the same dangerous industries for centuries need to stay in 2014. This is the reason most populists disagree with the right wing. "Back" is all the right seem content to force on everyone else. As if "back" was the only direction the US should take. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Eleanor - yes and no. I cannot speak for all Conservatives, Objectivists, Libertarians - only me. But when I look  back. I look at two things. One is the Constitution that is based on a set of principles, and I feel that while circumstances change (jet plane vs horse and buggy) principles do not. 

The second "back" is history. You can look back and see the end result of various governmental models and see the outcome. 

So, under those circumstances, "back" does have merit, does it not??

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

C'mon, rk. Everyone up here believes in the Constitution and in learning from history. That doesn't distinguish you in the least. Conservatives like to brand themselves strict adherents to the Constitution, but that doesn't mean they are. If they were, we wouldn't have decisions like Bush v Gore or Citizens United.

It's a lot like Republicans branding themselves fiscal conservatives, then blowing up the deficit and debt.

Honored Social Butterfly

CORB - is parsing words, for effect.   A visible shutdown vs a lapse in funding shutdown is their: shame on us for not remembering every instance in which there was a lapse in funding - in which real people weren't sent home from their job.  

Here is the article - which bothers to actually note:  Not all shutdowns are created equal.   http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/25/here-is-every-previous-government-shutdow...

Now that this particular talking point is settled - what is the next whine that those pesky liberal can 'take over this board" by OMG - educating the masses.   Highlighting that RW can have a pov of view and be correct via clarification of shutdown definition  - why they didn't they  want to educate everyone  instead try and demean others?   Well, they have to answer that for themselves. 

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Recognized Social Butterfly

@afisher wrote:

CORB - is parsing words, for effect.   A visible shutdown vs a lapse in funding shutdown is their: shame on us for not remembering every instance in which there was a lapse in funding - in which real people weren't sent home from their job.  

Here is the article - which bothers to actually note:  Not all shutdowns are created equal.   http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/25/here-is-every-previous-government-shutdow...

Now that this particular talking point is settled - what is the next whine that those pesky liberal can 'take over this board" by OMG - educating the masses.   Highlighting that RW can have a pov of view and be correct via clarification of shutdown definition  - why they didn't they  want to educate everyone  instead try and demean others?   Well, they have to answer that for themselves. 

You're right, apparently a little education is vitally needed, so I'll provide some for you.  The Budget Act of 1974 was passed by the democrats to wrest control from a republican president.  Prior to that there was no such thing as a "shutdown."   In it they defined a procedure the president must follow if the governemtn is not funded.  The named that procedure "Shutdown."  The government is NEVER fully shut down.  The "shuitdown' intelligent people refer to is the procedure defined in the bill and named 'shutdown."   And you're right, not all shutdowns are equal.  For example, some used CRs to keep the govenment running while a compromise was negotiated.  But wait!! In the last one Obama and Reid wouldn't let the CRs get to the floor of the sneate for a vote and refused to negotiate and that's the real difference between the last shutdown and the other seventeen.  By the way, if you actually have any facts, please feel free to share them.

0 Kudos
Recognized Social Butterfly

There are a number of people on this forum who like to make snide remarks, hurl insults and call people names, primarily the ones mentioned at the start of this thread.  Then they whine if anyone says something back to them.   My preference is to keep it civil, but they just go on and on like school yard bullies.  I've had enough of it.  You want to bully someone?  Start with me.  And when you do I guarantee, as in this case, you will get back worse.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Corb, I have been reading your posts on this discussion thread and almost all of them are completely devoid of real facts and are becoming more strident to the point of being offensive and inappropriate. 

I have been involved in debating and have had experience in debate. Much of that I learned in Toastmasters where I held many offices and achieved their highest communication designation. It is a very common debate tactic when a side that is clearly losing the debate to step away from civill discussion of the facts at hand and instead begin to attack the other side or the source of any material without any countering substance to back their accusations. 

You seem to have lost this debate on this topic. Your posts are more strident and your use of bold copy seems to be more of an attempt to shout down the other side rather than to carry on an intelligent discussion.   

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png