From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The gold standard? Seriously?

Message 1 of 4

@Richva—I don’t pretend to know anything about bitcoin, but just had to tell you that a few weeks ago I saw someone on Some TV show say it would fail!!!  See, I was so interested I can be VERY SPECIFIC HERE.  

LOL!! What to think?? I don’t have a clue.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@MIseker wrote:
Bitcoin. the wave of the future, soon to be at the board of trade..and 1000 people own 95% of it. lol

I recently asked "what is the value behind the Bitcoin boom?" and got a ton of answers. Most of which were "it is going up in value and will do so forever!".

I smell Tulips.  

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14416869/1/bitcoin-bubble-versus-dot-com-boom-tulipmania.html

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4
Bitcoin. the wave of the future, soon to be at the board of trade..and 1000 people own 95% of it. lol
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

The gold standard? Seriously?

Message 4 of 4

We got off the gold standard because it was such a horrible way of determining the money supply. Now, we determining the increase in America's value every year and increase the money supply accordingly. This is more difficult to understand but a much better way to adjust our money supply.  

I got into yet another conversation from some armchair economist advocating we return to the gold standard.  Does anybody need me to explain this to them?  GEEZ 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors