From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The first whiff of scandal.

Message 1 of 5

Richva's link:  https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/12/air-force-trump-scottish-resort-1493624

09/12/2019

On Monday, lawmakers resumed a push for the Senate to adopt an amendment that would bar the Pentagon from spending money at nearly five dozen Trump properties worldwide. The House passed the clause in July as part of the broader annual defense policy bill, but it has not yet been adopted into law.

Trump, meanwhile, has claimed no knowledge of the stays.

"I know nothing about an Air Force plane landing at an airport (which I do not own and have nothing to do with) near Turnberry Resort (which I do own) in Scotland, and filling up with fuel, with the crew staying overnight at Turnberry (they have good taste!),” he tweeted on Monday. “NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.”

So...we are supposed to believe - The Commander in Chief has no knowledge of his US Military's current contract with Prestwick - OR the newest proposed contract terms extending into 2024 (said contract/DEAL now on hold).  Do you think he may be aware Prestwick Airport is currently for sale?

Wed 7 Feb 2018

A publicly owned Scottish airport is being used by the US military to launch frontline operations and is striking deals with Donald Trump’s golf resort in an effort to stem its heavy financial losses.

An investigation by the Guardian has revealed Glasgow Prestwick airport is a base for live missions by the US Air Force, while its executives have highlighted its close relations with President Trump’s nearby resort at Turnberry to promote its bid to become a spaceport backed by the US government.

In an effort to stem its losses, Prestwick executives have attended military fairs across the US to pursue contracts to service cargo flights, troop transports and air-to-air refueling operations for the US Air Force, Marine Corps, Navy, National Guard and the US Defense Logistics Agency.

Official memos seen by the Guardian show Prestwick has won these contracts with the knowledge of Scottish government ministers, including Keith Brown, the economy secretary, both while Trump was the Republican presidential candidate and since he became president....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/feb/07/scottish-government-criticised-over-us-military-use...

14 November 2014

Billionaire tycoon Donald Trump has pledged to make Prestwick Airport "really successful" as he announced a partnership with the Ayrshire hub.

The Trump Organisation has chosen Prestwick to service the nearby Trump Turnberry resort....The airport will be the Scottish base for all Trump Aviation Operations, including Mr Trump's private Boeing 757 and Sikorsky 76B helicopter....

Now, Mr Trump hopes that tourists heading to Trump Turnberry will use the airport, flying in from around the world on private planes.

The US businessman said: "We are going to have planes coming in from New York and all over, very high-level planes like Gulfstreams and Bombardiers.

"We are going to make this really successful. You are going to get a lot of business."

Speaking at a press conference at the airport, he said they expect to bring in "hundreds" of flights....

He said: "You have something in Scotland that nobody has: you have pedigree when it comes to tourism and golf.

"Golf is booming in Asia, they all want to come to the home of golf. You have something that no other country has to that extent."

Mr Trump, chairman and president of the Trump Organisation, added: "We are thrilled to be partnering with Glasgow Prestwick Airport.

https://stv.tv/news/scotland/299644-donald-trump-pledges-to-make-prestwick-airport-really-successful...

"I know nothing about.....an airport.....I do not own and have nothing to do with....near Turnberry Resort...... “NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.”

Let's buy Greenland!  Now, how silly was that farce?

The Don should have no objections whatsoever for the Senate to bar him from further embezzling money from American taxpayers  to enrich his "nearly five dozen Trump properties worldwide".  But you know he will.  btw, I want to see pants-on-fire, literally.  Ouch!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@john258 wrote:

What you see is the way a mob type organization works, and Trump ran one all his business life. He runs the Fed. government in the same mob style and have no fear this type of thing is going on in every area of the Fed. government we just do not know about it yet. This is not the first whiff of scandal, just the first time you heard about this one.

I was referring to the first whiff of THIS scandal..........as I said........TDS......Trump's Daily Scandal.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

At least Turnberry has phased out plastic straws in favor of Donnie's 'favorite' paper straws.  LOL!  And bamboo cutlery has replaced the plasticware in the snack bar.

Shhhh, don't tell him.  Micro-manager Donnie will have them using his own Trump-branded straws at a bargain price of $15/10.   More LOL!

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

@Richva wrote:

I can see why the general manager at he Trump Turnberry resort called the reporters to demand they stop looking into the air force crews staying there. 

• It is the only thing keeping the resort afloat. 
  • Turnberry is further away from the airport than other hotels. 
  • Nearby Prestwick Airport was floundering until the Air Force planes began landing.  If it closed, it would have killed Turnberry. 
  • Prestwick Airport was only supposed to be a backup in case base landing areas were overflowing. They are not but Prestwick is getting flights regardless. The base airport is 40 minutes up the road. 
  • The crews cannot afford to eat at Turnberry where a hamburger is $26. They have been observed dining at nearby gas stations and Subways. 

I just love having, yet another, Trump scandal.  I am starting to refer to them as "Trump's Daily Scandal" or  just the acronym "TDS".  It may catch on. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/12/air-force-trump-scottish-resort-1493624

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/17/trump-scotland-turnberry-1499298

What you see is the way a mob type organization works, and Trump ran one all his business life. He runs the Fed. government in the same mob style and have no fear this type of thing is going on in every area of the Fed. government we just do not know about it yet. This is not the first whiff of scandal, just the first time you heard about this one.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The first whiff of scandal.

Message 5 of 5

I can see why the general manager at he Trump Turnberry resort called the reporters to demand they stop looking into the air force crews staying there. 

• It is the only thing keeping the resort afloat. 
  • Turnberry is further away from the airport than other hotels. 
  • Nearby Prestwick Airport was floundering until the Air Force planes began landing.  If it closed, it would have killed Turnberry. 
  • Prestwick Airport was only supposed to be a backup in case base landing areas were overflowing. They are not but Prestwick is getting flights regardless. The base airport is 40 minutes up the road. 
  • The crews cannot afford to eat at Turnberry where a hamburger is $26. They have been observed dining at nearby gas stations and Subways. 

I just love having, yet another, Trump scandal.  I am starting to refer to them as "Trump's Daily Scandal" or  just the acronym "TDS".  It may catch on. 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/12/air-force-trump-scottish-resort-1493624

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/17/trump-scotland-turnberry-1499298

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors