The case against civility

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
155
Views

Re: The case against civility

155 Views
Message 11 of 57

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

Facts? Are these “violent” acts that you are referencing, or presenting as being violent? If so, how many people were seriously injured or died?

Or are the only casualties the trump repubs who have gotten their egos bruised because we don’t believe their lies or total lack of compassion. 


Does the left want to risk someone getting killed? If so, they should keep up the antics.


So do you somehow blame "the left" for a KKK supporter running his vehicle into a crowd in C'ville, killing a woman and injuring more than a dozen people?


So I didn't see that hin his post.

 

So NOT did you intend to blame the left for the dead woman?

 

So chas where did you see C'ville in there?

 

Alway projecting - usually wrong.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
155
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
158
Views

Re: The case against civility

158 Views
Message 12 of 57

@fangoh45 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@alferdpacker

So with you this. No nice words for those who support siding with russians, running our country into the ground, mistreating people, and choosing party over country. 

And for trump supporters to preach civility, have they ever watched a trump rally? It is about the most uncivil thing that you can watch!

Just another classic case of trump projection. 


Uncivil, uncivil you say. Uncivil, because YOU don’t agree? That is a very shallow way of thinking.


Why does the right think that ONLY the left should be civil? Maybe the right would find the left more civil if they had not spent years teaching them that being rude, lying and being generally uncivil was the way forward.

 

Is it civil to preach violence like Trump has done? Is it civil to beat those who disagree as has been done at Trump rallies? Is it civil to murder others as was done by some of Trump’s “very fine people”? Was it civil for Tea Partiers to parade around with racist posters?

 

The Republican Party has been uncivil for decades and now are upset that the other side has joined them. Talk about ‘snowflakes’!!

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
158
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
167
Views

Re: The case against civility

167 Views
Message 13 of 57

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@rk9152

Facts? Are these “violent” acts that you are referencing, or presenting as being violent? If so, how many people were seriously injured or died?

Or are the only casualties the trump repubs who have gotten their egos bruised because we don’t believe their lies or total lack of compassion. 


Does the left want to risk someone getting killed? If so, they should keep up the antics.


So do you somehow blame "the left" for a KKK supporter running his vehicle into a crowd in C'ville, killing a woman and injuring more than a dozen people?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
167
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
163
Views

Re: The case against civility

163 Views
Message 14 of 57

@fangoh45 wrote:

In the U.S., we’re all guaranteed ”Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"


Really?   Where in the Constitution are those enumerated and specifically guaranteed?

 

Those words aren't anywhere in the Constitution...

 

But they are in the Declaration of Independence...

 

So - post a link to the nationwide plebiscite when all the citizens were given the opportunity to vote on the Declaration of Independence, formally ratified the Declaration of Independence, and approved of sending the Declaration of Independence to England?

 

Say what?   It didn't happen like that?

 

So where did @fangoh45 get that quaint and fanciful idea about a guarantee?

From the words of a man who was a Deist - not a Christian - who wrote of a strongly held belief that those rights were endowed by a creator?

 

Perhaps the specific guarantee is preserved and enshrined at the site of the Bowling Green Massacre in the trumpworld alternate reality...

 

Oh dear, and my, oh my - I do hope my post has remained civil...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
163
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
156
Views

Re: The case against civility

156 Views
Message 15 of 57

@williamb39198 wrote:

@alferdpacker

So with you this. No nice words for those who support siding with russians, running our country into the ground, mistreating people, and choosing party over country. 

And for trump supporters to preach civility, have they ever watched a trump rally? It is about the most uncivil thing that you can watch!

Just another classic case of trump projection. 


Uncivil, uncivil you say. Uncivil, because YOU don’t agree? That is a very shallow way of thinking.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
156
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
155
Views

Re: The case against civility

155 Views
Message 16 of 57

@gruffstuff wrote:

Sounds like a plan - a neoMarxist plan.

 

Then the founding father must have been neoMarxist, because speech, the right to assemble, the right to address the government with grievances, the right to protest, the free press, and the right to freedom of association, are all protected by the Constitution.

 

Those protections are there for a reason, they are tools given to the people by our fathers, to confront the political leaders, the Kings or Presidents, the men of quality, the Aristocrats, the 1% or known by any other name, our fathers warned us of and prepared for.


Did our fathers tell us it’s fine to terrorize, blind side, shoot and harass those we disagree with, and family members as well? I guess in the twisted, violent,  liberal mind that type of brutish behavior is guaranteed by our founders.  I believe you’re getting our country mixed up with the Soviet Union. 

In the U.S., we’re all guaranteed ”Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
155
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
146
Views

Re: The case against civility

146 Views
Message 17 of 57

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

So child abuse is more civil than a disruption of dinner. Or the kkk and nazis are more civil than the women’s march...sure sounds like trump talking points being spoken here!


So, no - child abuse is a separate issue.

 

So, no - the Kluxers and the Nazis are not approved of by the Republicans but the Dems sorta like the pussyhatters (even when the cheer the dream of blowing up the WH).

 

So, yes - the above could be considered Trump talking points.


Trump is uncivil - so are the low-life bigots at his political rallies.

 

Has the Law of the Land changed? 

 

Isn't political **bleep** for tat still lawful and a completely acceptable practice in American Society?

 

All trump has to do is be civil all the time, stop telling lies multiple times a day - and set precedent - of course - republican congress critters will stop being poster examples of why birth control and teaching morals and ethics to chldren is so very important - his followers and supporters will stop speaking and acting uncivilly - the left, who have always been more moral, ethical and higher quality American Citizens will reciprocate and civility will prevail...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
146
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
141
Views

Re: The case against civility

141 Views
Message 18 of 57

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It appears that the solution to antifa attacking people and property, Waters sending her supporters out to harass pols, pussyhatters cheering the idea of blowing up the WH, Dem activists disrupting the Congress, and people attacked for wearing Trump t-shirts is to get rid of the Constitution.

 

Sounds like a plan - a neoMarxist plan.


"Antifa attacking people and property", huh? You failed to mention that no one was killed, like the trump supporting KKK guy killed and woman and injured over a dozen people by purposely running his vehicle into them at the KKK rally in C'ville

No one over here on the right side has ever defended the event you refer to in Charlottesville. However, there is at least tacit acceptance of the antifas.

 

You failed to mention that Waters' supporters never injured or killed anyone, like the right wing KKK guy I mentioned above.

I didn't fail to mention it. I was referring to a totally unacceptable concept of society offered by Waters.

 

You failed to mention that "pussyhatters" never hurt anyone, that the "Dem activists disrupting Congress" never hurt anyone and that you don't support their right to free speech but choose to support the KKK's right to gather and spew their hate speech, promoting violence.

I didn't fail to mention it - it was a separate issue. Cheering someone dreaming of blowing up the WH is unacceptable to reasonable people.

 

When did I oppose the freedom of speech of the pussyhatters?

 

You make a totally false claim about any of those people suggesting or wanting to "get rid of the constitution".

You'd really have to read the post I was responding to.

 

And ............. there ya' go again with your repeated false, disingenuous "neoMarxist" statement.

Yes, undoing the Constitution is the path to neoMarxism.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
141
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
132
Views

Re: The case against civility

132 Views
Message 19 of 57

@williamb39198 wrote:

So child abuse is more civil than a disruption of dinner. Or the kkk and nazis are more civil than the women’s march...sure sounds like trump talking points being spoken here!


So, no - child abuse is a separate issue.

 

So, no - the Kluxers and the Nazis are not approved of by the Republicans but the Dems sorta like the pussyhatters (even when the cheer the dream of blowing up the WH).

 

So, yes - the above could be considered Trump talking points.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
132
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
136
Views

Re: The case against civility

136 Views
Message 20 of 57

@alferdpacker

So with you this. No nice words for those who support siding with russians, running our country into the ground, mistreating people, and choosing party over country. 

And for trump supporters to preach civility, have they ever watched a trump rally? It is about the most uncivil thing that you can watch!

Just another classic case of trump projection. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
136
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.


jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors