The border is not open. Please don't come

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The border is not open. Please don't come

Message 11 of 22

If you're not LOL at the Trump Administration stating illegal crossings are down after 2 months and taking the credit for the decline, you should be. Trump hasn't initiated any policies nor done anything specific to slow down illegal immigrants. And even if he did, a brief two month period tells us nothning. 

This is very similar to his first job report, taking credit for the rise in jobs despite just taking office. And last month, when only 98,000 jobs were created (well below the forecast for 178,000), the Trump Admiistration and Trump lovers in this forum were silent.

Finally, don't listen to the double talk trying to take credit away from President Obama for exporting so many illegal immigrants. It's the same old garbage of trying to use semantics to attack Obama.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The border is not open. Really?

Message 12 of 22

@pc6063 wrote:

criticalthinking--Obama wasn't known as the deportation president for nothing.  The only difference is that he wasn't ruthless as is Trump and he went after those who had committed crimes within the US and left those who were contributing members to our society alone.  (Trump was lying through his butt when he was blathering on about all the criminals--using highly publized isolated incidents to "support" his claims) 

Hope money hungry Republicans don't mind paying more for produce and don't mind it when manufactured goods disappear from the shelves as immigrants are too fearful to cross the borders to work.

Trump belches out ridiculous and untrue statements all the time.  Who knows what is true, except that he has already created orphans here in the US.  We are already seeing this in our little rural community.

One more once:

http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 22

@pc6063 wrote:

criticalthinking--Obama wasn't known as the deportation president for nothing.  The only difference is that he wasn't ruthless as is Trump and he went after those who had committed crimes within the US and left those who were contributing members to our society alone.  (Trump was lying through his butt when he was blathering on about all the criminals--using highly publized isolated incidents to "support" his claims) 

Hope money hungry Republicans don't mind paying more for produce and don't mind it when manufactured goods disappear from the shelves as immigrants are too fearful to cross the borders to work.

Trump belches out ridiculous and untrue statements all the time.  Who knows what is true, except that he has already created orphans here in the US.  We are already seeing this in our little rural community.

I am afraid that I don't agree with part of your post. I am going to put aside what your feelings about Trump happen to be. and having vast experience on immigration issues. perhaps I can provide information.
First of all, if a comprehensive Guest Worker program in put into effect. what you are saying about not having workers to work the fields and other unskilled labor will not occurr.
Regarding how Trump is enforcing the inmigration program I will admit that is not the best that I have seen. the way to deal with this is to have good conversations with Mexico as to how much are they going to help regarding the undocumented that cross their country into the US. Mexico to date has done little to nothing.I am not going to judge any past President for their laxity on the inmigration issue because the blame can go around and around since Reagan.

Regarding the deportations and the enforcement of inmigration laws, I have stated over and over that it will probably not be nice and it will create problems, but the not enforcing the inmigration laws is what has created the 12 million of undocumented in this country.

I am sure that you recognize that this is an issue that needs to be resolved. and laws will need to be enforced. and many of those that are here today, even if provided with the opportunity to become legal inmigrants many will not be able to qualify. and that will have to be accepted.
So we need Congress and the Senate to act. and hopefully Trump will simply shut his mouth and listen to people that know about the subject a lot more than he does.

no name
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 22

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 22

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Making serious judgments after only a 2 month time frame is ridiculous. It also reminded me of the first Jobs Report after Trump took office and DT took credit, even though he didn't initiate a single policy. Anyway, Obama Haters are allergic to facts, so it's time to add them to the discussion.

"Donald Trump promised to end President Obama’s allegedly lenient immigration policies by deporting millions of people living in the U.S. illegally, but the Democrat and his staff have already kicked out a record number of undocumented migrants.

“We will terminate the Obama administration’s deadly non-enforcement policies that allow thousands of criminal aliens to freely roam our streets,” the GOP presidential nominee barked at a rally in Pheonix, where he gave specific details about his plan to overhaul U.S. immigration policies if he’s elected president.

But the so-called soft-on-immigration Obama administration deported more unauthorized immigrants during its first six years than the Republican George W. Bush administration did over its full eight. Between 2009 and 2014, 2.4 million people were deported from the U.S.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-deported-record-number-immigrants-trump-claim-article...

Well, not exactly.....

http://www.snopes.com/obama-deported-more-people/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The border is not open. Please don't come

Message 16 of 22

@Richva

So you don't think the amount of wages to be paid has anything to do with those Tech companies looking south of the border?  They can probably hire these foreign tech hires even cheaper in Mexico.

Seems we would have to invent that border tax if they want to get their wares to market here.  

For companies that that act like what you describe, we don't have to build in incentives, we can use more punitive measures affecting their bottom line.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 22

@Richva wrote:

And thus, Sessions perpetuates the Trump incompetence mystique.  He got a good tag line in "the border is not open" but the administration is re-routing thousands of job creators who could be here legally to Mexico and Canada. The Mexican state of Jalisco is successfully courting tech companies by telling them the Trump administration will not issue visas to foreign engineers and coders.  They will provide a very comfortable, tech friendly place for those people.  

Silicon valley is moving facilities to Jalisco at an alarming (for the U.S.) rate. In 2015,  Microsoft and other companies invested $75M there.  In 2016, they increased their investment by $200M to $275M. Of course, the $275m is new investment dollars translating to new buildings and salaries the U.S. will never get back.  Not to mention all the home sales, apartment rentals, grocery stores, etc. that money will support. But hey, the U.S. can make it up with all the jobs picking tomatoes and roofing houses the Trump policies will open up.

Governor Sandoval has instituted a formal program to steal tech companies from the U.S. Add that to the flow we have seen without a formal program and the Mexicans will be eating our lunch. Thanks Donald.  

Please, clarify for me. Rich. if those tech companies left  the US  in 2015  and Mexico continues to try to steal those companies from the US. how if anything of those actions is going to impact our illegal inmigration from the Southern border?
Do you believe that if Trump had not come down hard of Mexico they would have not tried to steal those tech companies? Why did those companies left in 2015-16? Why weren't not stopped? why were they allowed to leave?  who did that?

no name
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 22

And thus, Sessions perpetuates the Trump incompetence mystique.  He got a good tag line in "the border is not open" but the administration is re-routing thousands of job creators who could be here legally to Mexico and Canada. The Mexican state of Jalisco is successfully courting tech companies by telling them the Trump administration will not issue visas to foreign engineers and coders.  They will provide a very comfortable, tech friendly place for those people.  

Silicon valley is moving facilities to Jalisco at an alarming (for the U.S.) rate. In 2015,  Microsoft and other companies invested $75M there.  In 2016, they increased their investment by $200M to $275M. Of course, the $275m is new investment dollars translating to new buildings and salaries the U.S. will never get back.  Not to mention all the home sales, apartment rentals, grocery stores, etc. that money will support. But hey, the U.S. can make it up with all the jobs picking tomatoes and roofing houses the Trump policies will open up.

Governor Sandoval has instituted a formal program to steal tech companies from the U.S. Add that to the flow we have seen without a formal program and the Mexicans will be eating our lunch. Thanks Donald.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 22

You are correct in stating that the Trump Administration is foolish to say that they have a victory on illegal inmigration after just two months on being in power.

I have no idea as to what they are planning to implement next. but I do know, that the present inmigration laws not only need to be enforced but also there should be a comprehensive new Inmigration Law.

I am not going to comment on the fact that Obama did in fact deported so many, but, I also know, that many came back in. 
It is well known, that just because you deport anyone in the Southern Border that doesn't mean that they will not come back.

This is really a non issue who deported more. or who deported less.

We need to enforce the laws, all laws, pertaining to illegal inmigration and I don't think that we are prepared to do so.

We lack the personnel or even the policies to be able to follow up on over stayed visas, or the fact that the inmigration courts are a disgrace, and the fact that to date there are not enough people at the border that can really contain the flow of those undocumented that cross the border.

I don't doubt that the flow has decreased but that tells me nothing about how any of this issue has been resolved.

When we  see, a Guest Worker Program being implemented, When we see the follow up on tourists vias, student visas and H1B visas, When we see employers being fined for using undocumented workers. and when we see the complete overhaul of the inmigration courts, Only then,we will be able to evaluate whether our undocumented or illegal problem has been  taken care of.
The rest is political platitudes.

no name
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The border is not open. Really?

Message 20 of 22

Making serious judgments after only a 2 month time frame is ridiculous. It also reminded me of the first Jobs Report after Trump took office and DT took credit, even though he didn't initiate a single policy. Anyway, Obama Haters are allergic to facts, so it's time to add them to the discussion.

"Donald Trump promised to end President Obama’s allegedly lenient immigration policies by deporting millions of people living in the U.S. illegally, but the Democrat and his staff have already kicked out a record number of undocumented migrants.

“We will terminate the Obama administration’s deadly non-enforcement policies that allow thousands of criminal aliens to freely roam our streets,” the GOP presidential nominee barked at a rally in Pheonix, where he gave specific details about his plan to overhaul U.S. immigration policies if he’s elected president.

But the so-called soft-on-immigration Obama administration deported more unauthorized immigrants during its first six years than the Republican George W. Bush administration did over its full eight. Between 2009 and 2014, 2.4 million people were deported from the U.S.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/obama-deported-record-number-immigrants-trump-claim-article...

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors