Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Word Cult Seems to be Thrown Around Loosely Here

Message 31 of 39

CriticalThinking:  Obviously she's baiting me, playing games, and doesn't want to actually debate the subject. 

That's the name of the game...................baiting.................."I can bait you, but you better play by the rules and be nice to me". Transparent as a clean window.

Image result for fish bait on hook
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The Word Cult Seems to be Thrown Around Loosely Here

Message 32 of 39

So true Centrist. As I stated in my previous post, she has no interest in debating the subject, it appears as if she prefers playing games. So let's move on and debate cult behavior without her. 

One of the primary attributes is DENIAL. If you challenged Jim Jones members before Guyana and told them they were part of a cult, they would have become angry and vociferously DENIED it.

But the few survivors of Guyana now readily admit it was a pure cult. Does this type of behavior sound familiar?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 39

@Soosie wrote:
@criticalThinking........Keep playing Therapist. I think there may be a rule against that also. Watch those guidelines. Since you are calling me out on a personal basis, as I understand that can get you in trouble. Oh, what to do, what to do. Do you get the idea I find this stuff LOL?

Right you are CeeTee.  Some even believe suggesting one is in denial is a personal attack.  Oh my!  Bawahahaha.....

The passive aggressive attacks on others is so endearing to some.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 39

Obviously she's baiting me, playing games, and doesn't want to actually debate the subject. So let's move on without her. Here are some key attributes of cult membership. See how easy it is to apply them to Trump's blindly loyal supporters.

• They never question nor challenge their leader
  • They never disagree with their leader
  • Their leader can never do anything wrong
  • Therefore, they will never criticize their leader
  • They will change their long held values to be in sync with their leader
  • They take any criticism of their leader personally, as an attack on them.
  • There are no facts, nor any application of logic, one could utilize to show them their leader isn't who they think he is.

If you look at Trump's based utilizing the criteria above, everything they do makes perfect sense.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 39
@critical Thinking........Keep playing Therapist. I think there may be a rule against that also. Watch those guidelines. Since you are calling me out on a personal basis, as I understand that can get you in trouble. Oh, what to do, what to do. Do you get the idea I find this stuff LOL?
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 39

I'm glad Soosie's happy and you have to admire her deflection from the truth, a skill her Supreme Leader in the White House has, and that is, deflecting the argument away from Trump Cult members. 

They've been addicted to their Supreme Leader for the past 3 1/2 years and show no signs of leaving their alternate reality and returning to the real world.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 39
Soosie's iniital post in this thread could not be further from the truth. Remember, DENIAL is one of the key attributes of cult members. Critical Thinking......I am proud of you. You admit your DENIAL of the cult here. It certainly meets the definition.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 39

Soosie's iniital post in this thread could not be further from the truth. Remember, DENIAL is one of the key attributes of cult members.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 39 of 39

"a cult of personality surrounding the leaders"  I like this defination of cult.  It seems to fit the core group here as well as the people who surround them with praise.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors