Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The Word Cult Seems to be Thrown Around Loosely Here

Message 21 of 39

It's very obvious that cult members refuse to deal with the specific issues I raised. They much prefer deflection and denial. 

For the rest of us, it's clear that Trump Cult members support 100% of his actions and behavior. Criticism and disagreement do not exist within a cult, so they defend everything Trump says or does.

Thank You

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Word Cult Seems to be Thrown Around Loosely Here

Message 22 of 39

Well, Soosie, it appears you have caused the klatch to gather, swap "Yeah me too" comments, and swap kudoes.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 39

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Soosie's iniital post in this thread could not be further from the truth. Remember, DENIAL is one of the key attributes of cult members.

Does that apply to the cult of hatred which insists it isn't a cult of hatred?

No, but it DOES apply to those who embrace lying, cheating, frauds who are bigots and misogynists.  Thanks for asking.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 39

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Obviously she's baiting me, playing games, and doesn't want to actually debate the subject. So let's move on without her. Here are some key attributes of cult membership. See how easy it is to apply them to Trump's blindly loyal supporters.

• They never question nor challenge their leader
  • They never disagree with their leader
  • Their leader can never do anything wrong
  • Therefore, they will never criticize their leader
  • They will change their long held values to be in sync with their leader
  • They take any criticism of their leader personally, as an attack on them.
  • There are no facts, nor any application of logic, one could utilize to show them their leader isn't who they think he is.

If you look at Trump's based utilizing the criteria above, everything they do makes perfect sense.

Now substitute "always" for "never" and an obsession with "cult" "love and adore", "worship", etc. and I believe you have a problem that should really be addressed.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 39

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Soosie's iniital post in this thread could not be further from the truth. Remember, DENIAL is one of the key attributes of cult members.

Does that apply to the cult of hatred which insists it isn't a cult of hatred?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 39

@Soosie wrote:
‎12-27-2018 07:56 AM
"a cult of personality surrounding the leaders" I like this defination of cult. It seems to fit the core group here as well as the people who surround them with praise.

This is what I posted as my opinion. Some of you posted yours....LOL. What do you want to debate? Denial, praise, core group or what????

Your "cult of personality surrounding the leaders" is a description that accurately describes trump cult members. It seems to fit a core group of trump supporters here.

What is a defanation?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 39

@Soosie wrote:
@criticalThinking........Keep playing Therapist. I think there may be a rule against that also. Watch those guidelines. Since you are calling me out on a personal basis, as I understand that can get you in trouble. Oh, what to do, what to do. Do you get the idea I find this stuff LOL?

But aren't you now "calling out" criticalthinking ?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 39

Oops!

Definition of cult of personality

: a situation in which a public figure (such as a political leader) is deliberately presented to the people of a country as a great person who should be admired and loved

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult%20of%20personality

cult of personality
a cult promoting adulation of a living national leader or public figure, as one encouraged by Stalin to extend his power

CT - And let those who see Trump supporters acting in true cult fashion, post their arguments.
The topic is not understood by its author.  Very sad but....totally expected behavior from one who has been seduced into becoming a cult member.  I would suggest reassessment with the FACTS of definition.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The Word Cult Seems to be Thrown Around Loosely Here

Message 29 of 39

The debate is obvious to anyone who takes the time to read and think. Let me spell it out for those who refuse to examine the facts.

We have a group of people who support Trump 100%. And I mean 100%! They exhibit the many attritubes of cult thinking, much of what I listed earlier. They are eerily like the Jim Jones and Heaven's Gate Cults. In fact, their behavior is so blatant, there is no other explanation. 

On the other end of the debate are our Trump Cult members who steadfastly deny the above. They insist they are not part of a Trump Cult. 

That's the debate. The choice is very clear and let those who disagree with the Trump Cult theory explain their position. And let those who see Trump supporters acting in true cult fashion, post their arguments.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 39
‎12-27-2018 07:56 AM
"a cult of personality surrounding the leaders" I like this defination of cult. It seems to fit the core group here as well as the people who surround them with praise.

This is what I posted as my opinion. Some of you posted yours....LOL. What do you want to debate? Denial, praise, core group or what????
Kudos
Views