Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Kudos
Views

Re: The Word Cult Seems to be Thrown Around Loosely Here

Message 1 of 39
Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 39

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Soosie's iniital post in this thread could not be further from the truth. Remember, DENIAL is one of the key attributes of cult members.

Does that apply to the cult of hatred which insists it isn't a cult of hatred?

There is a Very Good Reason for that of which you describe..........................

Individuals who simply Publicise the actual Words & Deeds of someone Else & then using Fact-based readily available truthful information to either disagree or criticise them are not Haters regardless of whatever broad definition you want to conjur up

Pointing out the deficiencies in our Elected Officials Personal or Professional is a Responsiblity of US Citizenship - especially when the Elected Official is always Lying about Everything Big and Small and for No Discernible Purpose - there is not Rationale for most of Trumps Lies - NONE!

So Excuse me if I personally find it offensive when I am exposed to other people who try and get me to beleive what I hear & see with my own Eyes & Ears & Know is False

Several Good Contemporary examples of HATRED are when you Hold the most powerful Position on the Planet and you use it to repeatedly Demagogue others for simply doing their jobs

True Examples of Hatred are when Trump Characterizes the US News Media as the Enemy of the People

When Trump Purposefully Lies in a attempt to Destroy the Professional Careers of his own Employees & others who have devoted their lives to Public Service - again while he is in the Position of the Most Powerful Person on Earth

There can be No Other Rationale Acceptable Explanation or Valid Excuse for these kinds of behaviors - this is just Pure Evil & Hatred of anyone who is not a Sycophant or Fan of yours

Trumps Lies & Incompetence are not only unhealthy for our US Democracy - they are a NATIONAL SECURITY DANGER

Pointing out Trumps Dangerousness Is Not Hatred it's Reality & it's Very Scary Stuff.................

Many words but do ct's words not apply to the cult of hatred which insists it isn't a cult of hatred? The "scary stuff" is not real, it is part of the Party line.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The Word Cult Seems to be Thrown Around Loosely Here

Message 3 of 39

Trump just LIED to our troops in Iraq yesterday. He told them he was responsible for their first pay raise in 10 years and it's going to be a 10% raise. Trump has no shame, no character, and his supporters, like Not Happening, don't care when Trump repeatedly LIES, even to our troops.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 39

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Actually it doesn't. I hate:

• dishonesty
  • corruption
  • criminals
  • pathological lying
  • horrible leadership skills
  • ego maniacs
  • incompetency
  • stupidity

And who is the judge of what those traits consist of?

CT

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 39

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Anyone who supports Trump because he is trying to accomplish what he promised before election is referred to as the Trump cult by the radical leftists.

Political Campaigns - A political campaign is an organized effort which seeks to influence the decision making process within a specific group.

Governing - the management or control of the activities of a particular country, region, or organization: .............................to control and direct the making and administration of policy

There are several reasons why courts refuse to enforce promises made by political candidates.

Can a politician make a legally enforceable contract with one voter, a class of voters, or the entire constituency?

The answer seems to be no, for several reasons

1. The subject matter is not proper for a legally enforceable contract. In common contracts, one person agrees to surrender some persona legal right (e.g., ownership of a thing, his time, his money, or a legal right to do – or not do – something) that belongs to him personally in exchange for “good and valuable consideration”.

2. The ability of an elected politician to do certain governmental acts is not
his personal right, but a power conferred on him by virtue of his elected office.

3. A vote is not good and valuable consideration that will support a legally binding contract.

Indeed, it is illegal (i.e., bribery or violation of state’s Corrupt Practices Act) to offer
something valuable in exchange for a vote. It is well settled contract law that an unlawful promise or illegal bargain voids a contract.

“A promise to vote for a particular candidate” in exchange for money is
an illegal promise.)

It can not be proved that an individual person voted for a particular candidate, because ballots are anonymous. This is an addition reason why a vote is
not consideration that will support a legally binding promise.

Assuming that a political candidate who makes a promise is one party to a contract, who is the other party? All of the people in his constituency or only those people who relied on the promise in voting for that candidate? The contact fails for lack of a definite second party.

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 39

@CriticalThinking wrote:

• dishonesty
  • corruption
  • criminals
  • pathological lying
  • ego maniacs
  • incompetency
  • stupidity

And who is the judge of what those traits consist of?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 39

NH said, "It hurts being a hater, doesn't it?"

• dishonesty
  • corruption
  • criminals
  • pathological lying
  • ego maniacs
  • incompetency
  • stupidity

Oooooops....., did I just describe the character traits of his hero and idol in the White House?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 39

It hurts being a hater, doesn't it?

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 39

Not Happening was completely wrong, yet again, when he said, "Anyone who supports Trump because he is trying to accomplish what he promised before election is referred to as the Trump cult by the radical leftists."

I've repeatedly explained to him why the above is very far from the truth, but he's part of the world we always talk about. Therefore, one cannot expect him to grasp the nature of the criticism. In addition, in his world, anyone who opposes the dishonesty, corruption, and criminal enterprise in the White House, is a radical left winger. What kind of logic is that?

That's right NH, keep supporting a pathological liar in the White House who attacks our allies and NATO, while running a crime ring from the oval office. He should be very proud of Comrade Trump.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 39

Anyone who supports Trump because he is trying to accomplish what he promised before election is referred to as the Trump cult by the radical leftists.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors