AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: The Winners and losers in the GOP tax plan

Message 21 of 60

What is AARP doing to stop tax bill!

We need a General Strike. Tuesday December 12, 2017.

Visit your Congressman or Senator’s office. Tell them to vote “No” on tax bill!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 60

The Republicans have proven one thing by passing this bonanza tax bill for the 1%. They have proven that they are Plutocrats.  Unfortunately, many of the 99% are dumb enough to accept that as being OK for our country.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 60

Trickle down economics has never worked. Reagan had to raise taxes. We all remember what happened under Bush Junior. Wonder what the RWNJ’s will say when the economy once again begins to collapse. 

Ever wonder why right wingers has such short memories? 

Gee, I miss having a real—AND SANE—president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 60

We can only hope and pray that enough people wake up and realize what today's Far Right Plutocrats are doing to 99% of America and Vote accordingly next November.

Thanks again Hillary Haters !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 60

@CriticalThinking—One of the amendments to the bill allows for the drilling of oil in Alaska.  More destruction of our gorgeous country and damage to the environment at the hands of an unethical bunch of politicians.  

In addition there is an amendment in the overall bill that removes the penalty for those who won’t buy insurance.  (If one can’t afford it, there are subsidies)  This will further raise premiums.  Bet papa trump is proud.

It’s still not a done deal, but this is bad for all but the one percent. I, like many here, are experiencing medical problems at a time when in order to keep deductibles and co-pays somewhere near affordable, premiums have skyrocketed because trump has made the market so unstable. I, like others, also now have to worry about reduction in Medicare benefits and whether they will even be there when I reach 65. I know if this bill passes I will struggle even more than I do now financially since I make less than $75,000. per year. I am not alone.  

This bill is good for no one other than the rich and billion dollar companies which it protects. Oh yeah, and criminals like trump.

Gee, I miss having a real—AND SANE—president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 60

THANKS HILLARY HATERS !!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 60

I really don't understand as to why all of you guys are not rejoicing about all of this.
Yes, we know, how much it will affect most of us, yes, we are the losers of all of this. and in 2018  when all of those people start filing their taxes, and see with their own eyes on how it will affect them. they and only then, they will understand and perhaps start crying.

Again, this country has the government that it deserves.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 60

At the time her comment was made, Pelosi knew there would be amendments to the bill so NOBODY could say for sure AT THAT TIME what the FINAL bill would look like.

Republicans want members to APPROVE - promise to vote for - the bill before those amendments are made public. So far we know 80% of the cuts go to the top 1%, Corporations get exemptions that citizens do not for identical transactions,  those making between $40,000 and $60,000 will pay an additional $1.5Trillion while those making over $1,000,000 will pay $3.2TRILLION LESS, and winners of the sperm lottery will pay NOTHING,

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 60

@CriticalThinking wrote:
Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri tweeted a photo of amendments that she said would be added to the bill but at that point that she had not seen. "This is so bad. We have just gotten list of amendments to be included in bill NOT from our R colleagues, but from lobbyists downtown. None of us have seen this list, but lobbyists have it. Need I say more? Disgusting. And we probably will not even be given time to read them."

No time to read them?? As a Liberal/Democrat she should know you have to pass a bill before reading it. Hint-Obamacare

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The Winners and losers in the GOP tax plan

Message 30 of 60
Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri tweeted a photo of amendments that she said would be added to the bill but at that point that she had not seen. "This is so bad. We have just gotten list of amendments to be included in the bill NOT from our R colleagues, but from lobbyists downtown. None of us have seen this list, but lobbyists have it. Need I say more? Disgusting. And we probably will not even be given time to read them."
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22