Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 3

If, in fact, what Carlson and Ingraham said is true, the topic is wrong. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 3

@mickstuder wrote:

Laura Ingraham doesn’t love her country anymore.

Source - https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/the-battle-that-erupted-in-charlottesville-is-f...

The best any patriot who understands and accepts the words of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution can do is to keep on pointing out the egregious assault in progress on all of our institutions and founding documents.  The clear meaning of them is being systematically destroyed. 

This is a deliberate and designed assault on the Truth that is in progress.  Destroy confidence in both institutions and what is or is not True and you are well on the way to destroying democracy in any form whatsover.  The world has 'been there, done that' before.  To think it cannot happen here is absurd to the point of insanity.

Consider:  IF it is made impossible to differentiate between Truth and untruth, a rational vote cannot be cast. It then boils down to who can best influence non-rational 'belief'.  Because 'belief' is not rational, decisions made on 'belief' alone will not be rational.  It is clear to me, that is the national condition both 'the donald' and the RRRR dominated Republican Party intend to create.   

Orwell pointed out how susceptible people [generic] are to this sort of conditioning.  Other perceptive people have as well. Brain-washing on a large scale predates Orwell by quite a bit.  It's actually historical....it just hasn't been tagged 'brain-washing' until the Korean Police Action, a war in reality. 

'The donald', and now the majority of the Republican Party, has cynically and whole-heartedly embraced that tactic. It takes a certain kind of person whose value system is shaky OR one who has the inclination in the first place to sucumb to it. 

Our intelligence services, as a result of experiences in and after Korea, made an exhaustive study of this.  I don't think the results have ever been made public in whole. If so, I think I would know about it.  I don't.  I suppose there is a reason.  I don't know what it is.

This forum is a case in point.  There is little real discussion here.  A whole lot of propaganda, though.  Much of it orgainized propaganda, recognizable because it repeats virtually verbatim from multiple sources. Need I say a great deal is generated by a foreign entity however obscure that entity has managed to make itself.

A recent poll, Pew I think, reported that 87% of Republicans approved of what the Trump Presidency was doing.  That means only 13% are able or willing to admit to reason and vote rationally.  Another way to put that would be Nation First, all the time everytime.  Patriotically without regard to 'belief' not based on fact.  'Beliefs', after all, is a deliberate choice made by an individual. Even the choice of what or whom to 'believe' among the many players out there who insist their way is the only way. 

IF accurate, that has to tell you that IF the balance of power is to be changed, virtually all the stay-at-homes, independents, millenials, etc. will have to show up at the polls in November to do it. Moreover, those who show up will have to clearly understand what is and is not rational and vote for the rational.  That's a scary take-away, but it may be an accurate one.  Today we are a Nation governed by "jingoism".  IF it continues any longer, it will lead ultimately to total authoritarianism.  We are at a 'tipping point' here, just as we are with 'global warming' or'climate change' or whatever you wish to tag it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The White Nationalists Are Winning

Message 3 of 3

A year after white nationalists in Charlottesville chanted, “You will not replace us!” their message has been taken up and amplified by Fox News personalities.

Tucker Carlson tells his audience that “Latin American countries are changing election outcomes here by forcing demographic change on this country.”

Laura Ingraham says that “the America that we know and love doesn’t exist anymore” because of “massive demographic changes” as a result of “both illegal and sometimes legal immigration that progressives love.”

They echo the white-nationalist claim that America is at risk because the nation is growing more diverse, an argument that treats the mere presence of nonwhite people, citizen or noncitizen, as an existential threat to the country.

White nationalists like Cantwell are cheered to hear their beliefs championed on Fox. Cantwell wrote last year that Carlson “is basically telling white America to prepare for war as directly as he can get away with while remaining on Fox News.”

Laura Ingraham doesn’t love her country anymore.

Source - https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/08/the-battle-that-erupted-in-charlottesville-is-f...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors