Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 21 of 41
One of many links to the damage done by the BLM gangs.

StarTribune

Home Local Sports Business Opinion Variety Obituaries Classifieds Autos Housing Jobs

Buildings damaged in Minneapolis, St. Paul after riots
Twin Cities restaurants and retail stores were hit the hardest in the rioting following George Floyd's killing.
By Josh Penrod, C.J. Sinner and MaryJo Webster Star Tribune JULY 13, 2020 — 2:45PM

JEFF HARGARTEN, STAR TRIBUNE

Related Coverage
Hundreds of volunteers showed up to clean up along University Avenue, organized by Hamline Midway Coalition, on Friday in St. Paul.
Need help? Want to help? Twin Cities groups offer resources for folks hurt by riots
Jun. 8
Minnesota seeking federal disaster declaration, joint assessment of damages to businesses hit by rioting
Jun. 5
Twin Cities restaurants, MOA put off plans to reopen amid unrest over George Floyd's death
May. 30
Minneapolis neighborhoods face food desert after looting closes stores
Jun. 2
Burned-out pharmacies leave a hole in Twin Cities neighborhoods
Jun. 2

Most Read
'Staggering' number of Mpls. cops are filing disability claims • MINNEAPOLIS Bodycam video shows officer pulled gun on Floyd early on • MINNEAPOLIS A deeper look at areas most damaged by rioting, looting in Minneapolis, St. Paul • MINNEAPOLIS Minneapolis City Council declares racism a public health emergency • MINNEAPOLIS Park Board panel moves ahead with measure repealing part of nudity ordinance • MINNEAPOLIS
In the first few days after George Floyd was killed by Minneapolis police, rioters tore through dense stretches of Minneapolis, St. Paul and other metro communities in retaliation, causing millions in property damage to more than 1,500 locations.

In their wake, vandals left a trail of smashed doors and windows, covered hundreds of boarded-up businesses with graffiti and set fire to nearly 150 buildings, with dozens burned to the ground. Pharmacies, groceries, liquor stores, tobacco shops and cell phone stores were ransacked, losing thousands of dollars in stolen merchandise. Many were looted repeatedly over consecutive nights.

Other property — like gas stations, restaurants and even parked cars — was set on fire, with much of it completely destroyed.

The full extent of damage to Twin Cities buildings — including residences, churches, non-profits and minority-owned businesses — could take weeks or months to calculate. Already on the ropes from months of lost revenue during a global pandemic, some businesses may never reopen as others are still temporarily or indefinitely closed.

Buildings along a 5-mile stretch of Lake Street in Minneapolis and a 3.5-mile stretch of University Avenue in St. Paul's Midway area experienced some of the heaviest damage. While this is an incomplete list, here’s a look at some of those hardest-hit areas.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 41

BLM protester end up with ten on millions in damage to business (many owned by blacks) and public property,

ZERO evidence to support the Protesters are the vandals, 100% PROOF situations got violent only after Police tried to disburse the protsters - ITS ON THE TAPES!

Likewise, the property damage was great because REPUBLICAN city officials put all the cops at the protest, none available to stop looting ACROSS TOWN FROM THE PROTESTS.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 41

Peaceful protests? Give me a break!

We could have a protest with 10,000 people but if one person throws a rock it's not peaceful.

That's just a fact.

Technically.

There is always rebels,  always some extremists,  always someone with an angle.

I see some of this stuff pop up on YouTube and I can't help but wonder, are these people making money on this phone video?

Honestly I don't know.

However I know racism is real, it exist today,  it affects people's perceptions, including mine, and the police.

I think there is a problem with policing,  police training,  qualified immunity for the police.  I think we should look at what other countries are doing and figure out what we're doing wrong and try to fix it. 

That's because I'm a liberal,  I think we can use government to address problems.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 41

@sunluvngal wrote:
john258 wrote:

The cost of all  the damage done from the protests would be more than offset if Trump had done his job as President. What the protests will do in the long run is  force a change in policing in the entire USA which in the long run will save money.

So if we get rid of Trump in Nov. and have a real President the USA starts to save money. The quicker we reform policing we start to save money. This is the answer as then we spent money to save more money.

@john258   Pathetic.  A life has no monetary limit on it, might wanna ask the families of those that lost loved ones. 

Indeed .... starting with the families of the 140,000 people killed due to Trump's gross incompetence with handling the Coronavirus!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 41

@sunluvngal wrote:
Richva wrote:

Well, the one thing "liberals" have learned is never to take the information presented by a Regressive without full and complete evidence that it is factual.  As of June 1, Trump has made 19,127 lies and misleading claims.  The stench of that immorality has permeated the entire GOP and no one can trust anything they say anymore. It is one of the reasons they are now known as the Regressives. 

@Richva   HAH!  Sadly, the liberals have learned nothing except how to twist everything they hear and read to suit their own agenda, to evade the issue AND the truth. 

There is an "ugly truth" about the blm founders and the protests..THAT'S a fact.  And no, i'm not going to do the research for ya.  Have done it for myself, however.

There is no ugly truth about the BLM founders.  There is an ugly truth about the racism of the Regressive movement, however. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 41
john258 wrote:

The cost of all  the damage done from the protests would be more than offset if Trump had done his job as President. What the protests will do in the long run is  force a change in policing in the entire USA which in the long run will save money.

So if we get rid of Trump in Nov. and have a real President the USA starts to save money. The quicker we reform policing we start to save money. This is the answer as then we spent money to save more money.

@john258   Pathetic.  A life has no monetary limit on it, might wanna ask the families of those that lost loved ones.  How thoughtless and inhumane of you, but typical of the Trump hatin' dimms.  Obviously you are NOT one of those that lost loved ones OR a business due to the killing and destruction caused by the protests/riots. President Trump is, as usual, having to fight the democrat insanity in our cities and states in order to bring back sanity and law and order!!

Just part of the answer (unlike what you suggest)  is supporting our law enforcement, which President Trump (unlike biden)  does, NOT allowing them to be beaten in the streets by so-called "peaceful protesters".

You can lead a Liberal to knowledge, but you can't make'em THINK! 😞
Trump 2020!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 41
Richva wrote:

Well, the one thing "liberals" have learned is never to take the information presented by a Regressive without full and complete evidence that it is factual.  As of June 1, Trump has made 19,127 lies and misleading claims.  The stench of that immorality has permeated the entire GOP and no one can trust anything they say anymore. It is one of the reasons they are now known as the Regressives. 

@Richva   HAH!  Sadly, the liberals have learned nothing except how to twist everything they hear and read to suit their own agenda, to evade the issue AND the truth. 

There is an "ugly truth" about the blm founders and the protests..THAT'S a fact.  And no, i'm not going to do the research for ya.  Have done it for myself, however.

Trump 2020!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 41

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 41

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 41

KidBoy2 wrote:
From large metro areas like Chicago and Minneapolis/St. Paul, to small and mid-sized cities like Fort Wayne, Indiana and Green Bay, Wisconsin, the number of boarded up, damaged or destroyed buildings I have personally observed — commercial, civic, and residential — is staggering. Keeping exact count is impossible. One might think that a major media organisation such as the New York Times would use some of their galactic journalistic resources to tally up the wreckage for posterity. But roughly six weeks later, and such a tally is still nowhere to be found.

=======================================================================

BLM protester end up with ten on millions in damage to business (many owned by blacks) and public property,

Richva wrote:

And yet, oddly, no one can find a link with any facts about such huge amounts of damage. One would almost think that the Regressives were making it up. 

@Richva   Seriously? Your refusal to admit the truth, doesn't mean the truth doesn't exist.  I would have thought most of us had seen it with our own eyes.  Hopefully the following links will open some eyes to the truth.  Not only the cost of all the lives lost but also in having to bring in the National Guard. These few links (there's more) give an idea as to the needless destruction and cost not only financially to the cities and this country, but to peoples livelihoods.  

https://www.denverpost.com/2020/05/30/damage-vandalism-protests-george-floyd-denver/

https://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-st-paul-buildings-are-damaged-looted-after-george-floyd-prot...

https://financialmodelingprep.com/market-news/looting-during-george-floyd-protests-could-cost-nyc-bu...

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article243473356.html

Trump 2020!!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors