Social Butterfly

The USA Is Not Racist

Brandon Tatum Slams Oprah And Biden Over Racism And Privilege: That “GOT ME HEATED”

August 6, 2020

With her Messiah complex on full display, Oprah opened up and doubled down and now she’s being criticized. Oprah has received criticism for saying that even white people living in poverty are still more privileged than she is because of “their whiteness.” Winfrey said: “There are white people who are not as powerful as the system of white people—the caste system that’s been put in place”. 

Joe Biden said, black voters considering Donald Trump ‘ain’t black’

Even though she was poor when young, many suggested that Winfrey, whose net worth is over $2.6 Billion, is now too far removed, she’s too privileged herself to speak about working-class people of any color.

How did she get here, anyway?

Can you understand how we’ve gone from George Floyd being indefensibly murdered under the knee of a policeman to Oprah Winfrey ranting and raving about white privilege?

Oprah, who is worth nearly $3BILLION, one of the biggest media moguls in US history, and probably the wealthiest black woman on the planet by a wide margin.

Rather, isn’t she a testament to what a person can accomplish with diligence, hard work, self-discipline, a bit of smarts and capturing a few privileges along the way?

Where else is a person more free to put those traits on display and prosper than in the United States?

In what other country could Oprah have taken her shot with what she knew and what she was capable of and become as powerful as she is and a billionaire almost three times over?

How is Oprah’s finger-pointing and ranting about ‘white privilege’ at all dealing with the more serious issues that are worth discussing and fighting for today?

For example, the issue of George Floyd, again, who was a career criminal who had three narcotics in his body at the time of his death to the point that the police so callously and defensively murdered him.

That conundrum – the drugs in the man committing repeated crimes and police searching for a way to respond to the repetition – that needs discussion, that Oprah might try to help explain.

https://www.libertybugle.com/oprah-the-personification-of-white-privilege-shames-white-people-for-th...

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
Honored Social Butterfly

"I do not believe that our police take a moment to decipher what color a person is before they shoot. I believe they shoot judging on the actions of the person they are dealing with...period."

The above is obviously the view from the Alternate Realty Bubble of Trump World. That's why they don't know what the law enforcement term "DWB" means.

As usual, facts mean nothing in Trump World. So many black men, women, and children are murdered by the police during trivial incidents such as no turn signal or a bicycle code violation. Those incidents should never rise to the level of lethal force. But in the ALL WHITE Alternate Realty of Trump World, the WHITE police officer is always right.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

sunluvngal wrote:

"I do not believe that our police take a moment to decipher what color a person is before they shoot. I believe they shoot judging on the actions of the person they are dealing with...period."

CriticalThinking wrote:

The above is obviously the view from the Alternate Realty Bubble of Trump World. That's why they don't know what the law enforcement term "DWB" means.

As usual, facts mean nothing in Trump World. So many black men, women, and children are murdered by the police during trivial incidents such as no turn signal or a bicycle code violation. Those incidents should never rise to the level of lethal force. But in the ALL WHITE Alternate Realty of Trump World, the WHITE police officer is always right.

sunluvngal:

As usual, you are dead wrong. You seem to have an issue with the color white...that in itself makes you look like you have a color problem.  Maybe that's why you think everybody, but you, has that problem?  I don't live in an all one color city, state OR country...as it should be.

I got stopped some years ago, for driving too slow in Oregon.  Never occurred to me to scream racist or DWW. lol  The reason, imo, ANYBODY is "usually" stopped...is because they're doing something wrong...NOT because of their color.

Look at those that are killing, rioting, looting and destroying peoples livelihoods...sorry, but wayyyy too many of them are people of a color other than white...if people have a bad reputation, they usually earned it. It is, what it is.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The BLM cult would make you think that the police are gunning for blacks every day and killing them as fast as possible.  The converse might actually be true (the black's gunning for cops)!  Driving while black (DWB) is a far cry from being killed by cops!

Say no to Joe and BLM cult!

Honored Social Butterfly

Wow! Her own words? I'm impressed, I wish she would do that more often. 

I don't know anyone who thinks rioting/looting is OK. People who do that belong in jail. 

However, Trump World never focuses on the reasons for the protests, they only focus on the destruction of property. The primary reason for that is they blame the black men, women, and children, who were murdered by the police over incidents such as no turn signal, no brake lights, a bicycle violation, etc  In Trump World, those people caused their own deaths. They believe that because of racism, so they always defend the white police officers.

I also believe they don't care about the deaths of black men, women, and children, while they are very passionate about the destruction of private property.

Honored Social Butterfly

The USA is racist. 
It is not those who are against racism, that cause harm to our Country, is the racists who cause damage. 
After columns of blah, blah, blah by an elitist far right writer trying to rationalize racism, perhaps I can offer a simple solution...if you are not a racist, then denounce racism!

Social Butterfly

CriticalThinking wrote:

Wow! Her own words? I'm impressed, I wish she would do that more often. 

I don't know anyone who thinks rioting/looting is OK. People who do that belong in jail. 

However, Trump World never focuses on the reasons for the protests, they only focus on the destruction of property. The primary reason for that is they blame the black men, women, and children, who were murdered by the police over incidents such as no turn signal, no brake lights, a bicycle violation, etc  In Trump World, those people caused their own deaths. They believe that because of racism, so they always defend the white police officers.

I also believe they don't care about the deaths of black men, women, and children, while they are very passionate about the destruction of private property.

sunluvngal:

I differentiate between protests and the destruction that's been going on using the protests as a front for their agenda.  The so-called reason(s) for the protests are non existent.  A lot of people get killed by police, and there's usually a good reason for it.  I find it odd that not everybody killed has caused protests. I do not believe that our police take a moment to decipher what color a person is before they shoot.  I believe they shoot judging on the actions of the person they are dealing with...period.

Thank goodness i talk to enough people that i know that most people, no matter the color, do not believe as you seem to. I care about ALL deaths, and especially feel for the families and friends left behind and hurting.  Your assumptions/words are very careless and are part of the problem...not the solution.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Wrong. Its IS racist, as President Obama found out the minute he was sworn in. OOPS!
Social Butterfly

Tom5678 wrote:
Wrong. Its IS racist, as President Obama found out the minute he was sworn in. OOPS!

Wow...HE WAS ELECTED... President of the United States of America!  THAT matters not in this conversation?  UNbelievable.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

IMHO...there will always be racism in ALL countries...that's just human nature. I just don't believe it's as racist as some are saying. The reason for my post on racism, (or lack of) is because of racism being used for an excuse to riot, loot, burn and destroy peoples livelihoods in so many different areas of this country.  Peaceful protesting is one thing, using racism to kill and destroy peoples lives is quite another.

I, unlike some others, do not look at this as a Republican or Democrat issue...it is, or should be, an issue important to ALL of us as human beings.

I also believe there are "outside influences" (with a LOT of money) that have their own agendas, and those outside influences are the reason for all the chaos.

And it all...has nothing to do with this country or the people in it, being racist.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Trump Cult members do not think for themselves. They almost always copy and past articles from right wing websites. The following thoughts are for people who think for themselves.

There are good reasons which explain why Trump is the head of an ALL WHITE REPUBLICAN PARTY. They are a party which thrives on bigotry. They have issues with people of color and immigrants. They also believe white people are entitled to certain privileges and that's the primary reason they love Donald Trump. They perceive him as the ultimate defender of white America.

There are white nationalists and Nazis who support Trump wholeheartedly. But there are also many Trump supporters who do not believe they are racist, but they are. They just don't understand the level of racism in their world and the systematic racism in America. That's why they do not care about the never ending murders of black men, women, and children by the police. 

In addition, you never see Trump Cult members complaining about immigrants coming from Canada because they are primarily white people.

Social Butterfly

CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump Cult members do not think for themselves. They almost always copy and past articles from right wing websites. The following thoughts are for people who think for themselves.

There are good reasons which explain why Trump is the head of an ALL WHITE REPUBLICAN PARTY. They are a party which thrives on bigotry. They have issues with people of color and immigrants. They also believe white people are entitled to certain privileges and that's the primary reason they love Donald Trump. They perceive him as the ultimate defender of white America.

There are white nationalists and Nazis who support Trump wholeheartedly. But there are also many Trump supporters who do not believe they are racist, but they are. They just don't understand the level of racism in their world and the systematic racism in America. That's why they do not care about the never ending murders of black men, women, and children by the police. 

In addition, you never see Trump Cult members complaining about immigrants coming from Canada because they are primarily white people.

sunluvngal: All i have to say to your comment is:

Bologna.jpg

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

5 Arguments Against 'America Is a Racist Country'
July 14, 2020

The left-wing charge that America is a racist country is the greatest national libel since the Blood Libel against the Jews. America is, in fact, the least racist multiracial, multiethnic country in world history.

Neither the claim that America is a racist society nor the claim that it is the least racist country can be empirically proven. Both are assessments. But honest people do need to provide arguments for their position. I have found every argument that America is racist, let alone "systemically" racist, wanting. For example, the police almost never kill unarmed blacks, and on the rare occasions they do (about 15 times a year), there is almost always a valid reason (as in the infamous 2014 case in Ferguson, Missouri); police kill more unarmed whites than blacks; the reason there are proportionately so many more blacks in prison is that blacks disproportionately commit violent crimes; and so on.

There are very powerful arguments against the charge that America is a racist society.

I offered one in my column last week:

No. 1: If there is so much racism in America, why are there so many false claims of racism and outright race hoaxes?

I offered 15 recent examples. Moreover, there were probably no racist hoaxes when America really was racist, just as there were no anti-Semitic hoaxes in 1930s Germany, when there was rampant anti-Semitism. You need hoaxes when the real thing is hard to find.

No. 2: The constant references to slavery.

If there were a great deal of racism in America today, there would be no reason to constantly invoke slavery and the Confederacy. The very fact that The New York Times, the leader in racist dishonesty, felt it necessary to issue its "1619 Project," which seeks to replace 1776 as the founding of America with 1619, when the first African slaves arrived in America, is a perfect illustration of the point. The fact that "The 1619 Project" was labeled false by the leading American historians of that era (all of whom are liberals and at least one of whom led a campaign to impeach President Donald Trump) adds fuel to the argument. Even regarding the past, the promoters of the "America is racist" libel need to lie to paint America as bad as possible.

No. 3: The reliance on lies.

"The 1619 Project," which will now be taught in thousands of American schools, is based on lies. All Americans who care about America and/or truth should inquire if their children's school will teach this and, if so, place their child in a school that does not.

Two of the biggest lies are that preserving slavery was the real cause of the American Revolution and that slavery is what made America rich.

Even the charge of endemic racist police brutality is a lie. There are undoubtedly racist police, but racism does not characterize police interactions with blacks.

No. 4: The large African immigration to the United States.

Nearly 2 million black Africans and more than 1 million blacks from the Caribbean have emigrated to the United States in just the last 20 years. Why would so many blacks voluntarily move to a country that is "systemically racist," a country, according to the promoters of the "America is racist" libel, in which every single white is a racist? Are all these blacks dumb? Are they ignorant? And what about the millions more who would move here if they were allowed to? How does one explain the fact that Nigerians, for example, are among the most successful immigrant communities?

No. 5: The preoccupation with "microaggressions."

According to the University of California's list of racist "microaggressions," saying, "There is only one race, the human race," is a "racist microaggression." This is, of course, Orwellian doublespeak. Anyone who believes there is only one race is not, by definition, a racist. If everyone in the past had believed there was one race, the human race, there would never have been racism, let alone a slave trade based on racism.

The very fact that the left came up with the intellectual farce known as "microaggressions," like the race hoaxes, proves how little racism there is in America -- because the entire thesis is based on the fact that there are so few real, or "macro," aggressions.

The race riots, the ruining of people's careers and lives over something said or done at any time in their lives, the ruining of professional sports (especially basketball and football), the tearing down of America and its history, the smearing of moral giants like Abraham Lincoln -- all of this is being done because of a lie.

As I wrote in a column three years ago: "The Jews survived the Blood Libel. But America may not survive the American Libel. While the first Libel led to the death of many Jews, the present Libel may lead to the death of a civilization. Indeed, the least oppressive ever created."

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

True. The serious Racists are the 20% who form the core of the Nazi wing of the Republican Party, which has been running the party since 1968 when Nixon launched The Southern Strategy which still rules the GOP today.

True, there WERE serious racists who called themselves Democrats prior to 1965, but they all switched parties because of the Equal Rights and Voting Rights laws signed by LBJ. All the Republicans who championed equal rights beginning with Lincoln have left the GOP.

Honored Social Butterfly

The USA (as a whole) Is Not Racist

The USA is our county, we the people are responsible for it. If our country is systemically racist and we allow that to happen, then we the people are racist.

Is there such a thing as racism in our country,  and is it systemic ?

There is no question it has been in the past,  what about now? 

Social Butterfly

DOES SYSTEMIC RACISM EXIST?
by Samuel Sey
Desmond Berg JUNE 12, 2020

The conflict over slavery was: is it right or wrong? The conflict over segregation was: is it right or wrong? However, the conflict over systemic racism isn’t: is it right or wrong?

The conflict is: does systemic racism exist or not?

That is a fundamentally different question. Americans are not divided over whether systemic racism is right or wrong. They are divided over whether systemic racism exists or not.

It’s crucial to understand that. Failure to understand that distinction is the basis for much of the careless and destructive reactions to George Floyd’s murder.

George Floyd’s murder is a horrific injustice. But it isn’t evidence for systemic racism. In fact, there isn’t any evidence for systemic racism today. Because systemic racism doesn’t exist—not anymore.

That doesn’t mean racism doesn’t exist anymore. Of course, it does. I’ve been racist against other people. And other people have been racist against me. Just like every kind of sin, racism will never end—not until Jesus returns.

Nevertheless, the concept of systemic racism today has become underlined by a form of cultural relativism, a concept defined by perceptions, not proof.

Therefore, under that vague and subjective reasoning, racial disparities—and especially, racial perceptions—are the basis for identifying systemic racism. That, however, presents several logical and theological problems.

Under that definition, black people—not God—are the authority on what constitutes as racism or systemic racism. This is why Voddie Baucham defines social justice ideology or systemic racism theory as ethnic Gnosticism.

Systemic racism isn’t whatever I—as a black man—says it is. My perceptions are not proof. My experiences are not authoritative. I am not God.

We Christians shouldn’t abandon objective, biblical theology to embrace subjective, worldly philosophies. We need to remember what the Bible says about racism. We need to understand racism within its biblical category: partiality.

Therefore, if we’re going to accuse our governments of participating in systemic racism today, we should be able to list examples of systemic partiality against black people today. Otherwise, we’re guilty of dishonouring our governments and bearing false witness against them.

Social justice proponents are unable to list racist laws or policies to support their accusations, so they usually resort to perceptions and racial disparities as evidence for their accusations.

However, last year, I explained racial disparities between white people and black people are mostly a result of disparities concerning fatherlessness between white people and black people, not systemic racism. Nevertheless, Christians who embrace racial perceptions and racial disparities as evidence of systemic racism have set a destructive precedent for local churches.

It’s not accidental that evangelical social justice proponents are increasingly accusing local churches of complicity in systemic racism. By that standard for systemic racism, racial disparities and perceptions of racism by black Christians in local churches is evidence of systemic racism within local churches by white pastors and white church members.

Frankly, that standard for systemic racism is lazy and sinful reasoning. It lays the burden of proof on the accused, not the accuser. Systemic racism theory essentially demands groups to prove they’re not systemically racist—instead of demanding social justice proponents to prove the legitimacy of their accusations.

It’s shameful that so many otherwise reasonable people have accepted systemic racism fallacy as fact. How could a supposedly systemically racist nation like America elect a black person—twice—as its president? If America is systemically racist, wouldn’t that make Barack Obama complicit in racist oppression against black Americans? If racial disparities between white Americans and black Americans are a consequence of systemic racism against black people, how do we explain African immigrants to America experiencing similar socio-economic standings to white people?

And if systemic racism is real—if it isn’t merely a leftist political agenda—why are the only solutions to end racial disparities and supposed systemic racism socialistic?

Nevertheless, remember: there are fundamental differences between the questions over the conflicts of slavery, segregation, and systemic racism.

A person who believes systemic racism is right or good, isn’t the same as a person who isn’t convinced that systemic racism exists today. That should be obvious, right? But under the newer, sociological definition of systemic racism, it isn’t so obvious anymore.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Racism is a convenient platform for Trump.

He says thing like "They will invade your suburbs" to hold on to the tightey whitey ignorant vote.

We did not have this divisiveness 4 years ago.

We have an Attorney General who supports this bigotry instead of listening to the people in the cities in crisis and helping police forces to understand the issues to create calm and justice.

Social Butterfly

Stop Pandering to Leftists’ Systemic Racism “Big Lie”

June 26th, 2020

Folks, I realize many of you are going through the same range of emotions as I am as I watch leftists’ full-blown war on our country. One part of me wants to produce a Youtube video in which I scream at all the idiots pandering to the scumbag hate groups ANTIFA and Black Lives Matters. The other part of me says Lloyd you must remain calm and simply deliver facts.

In the Bible, Daniel was thrown into the Lion’s den for refusing to kneel in worship to a government leader. Daniel said he only kneels to the true God. Here in the United States of America, ANTIFA is demanding that white America literally kneel in worship to Black Lives Matter, an evil false god. Shockingly, Democrat congressional members, mayors and governors; major corporations, churches and indoctrinated white youths are kneeling.

Etched on my brain is the image of the sea of yellow school buses I saw as a child with my dad at the 1963 March on Washington where Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech.
 I heard Dr King say, “I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave-owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.”

I have a dream that one day….there in Alabama little black boys and little black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and little white girls as brothers and sisters.”

Dr King would be appalled how his vision of racial equality and unity has been perverted into an anti-Christian movement which demands that whites hate themselves, kneel and beg forgiveness for being born white.

Fake news media and Democrats repeatedly use the bullying tactic dictating what everyone must say and think about an issue. Anyone who dares to go against their narrative is high-tech burned at the stake in the public square. Here are a few examples of the growing long list of topics we are not allowed to tell the truth about.

People have been fired for stating the scientific fact that a man cannot transform into a woman. A broadcaster was fired for stating the biblical truth that “all lives matter”.

Leftists’ latest “Big Lie” that we don’t dare reject is America is irreversibly infected with “systemic racism.” Sadly and frustratingly, Christian broadcasters, corporations, and politicians are on their knees, bombarding us with TV commercials pledging to fix the cruelty blacks are suffering at the hands of racist white America. Their cowardly surrender to the “Big Lie” turns my stomach!

Joseph Goebbels said, If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.”

As a proud and grateful American who happens to be black, I challenge leftists to show me this mythical “systemic racism” which is supposedly making life in America hell for me and my fellow blacks.”

Systemic racism is a big lie to keep blacks voting for Democrats who have been promising to fix it for over 50 years. The real and greatest enemy of black Americans is “monolithic loyal voting for Democrats.” Every city in which blacks are suffering with failing schools, black-on-black homicides, fatherless households, gangs, drugs, incarcerations and poverty have been controlled by Democrats for decades. If BLM was really about empowering blacks, they would angrily protest Democrats rather than white Americans, statues, old movies, U.S. history and free speech.

I don’t know about you guys, but I am so done with leftist political hacks being allowed to bully the masses into embracing their divisive, racial-hate-generating, anti-Christian and evil socialist/communist agenda.

President Trump’s speech at his rally in Tulsa, OK further confirmed that despite fake news medias’ Democrats’, Deep-Staters’ and #NeverTrumpers’ unprecedented evil and unlawful efforts to transform him into a sycophant of the Washington DC swamp, Trump remains solidly one of us. He understands us. He talks like us. And, he wants what we want for America! Praise God!

Our president said, “The choice in 2020 is very simple. You want to bow before the left-wing mob? Or, do you want to stand up tall and proud as Americans?”

Joe Biden and the Democrats wanna prosecute Americans for going to church, but not for burning a church.” “They believe you can riot, vandalize, and destroy, but you cannot attend a peaceful pro-America rally.” [Link]

My fellow Americans, we are so blessed to have president Donald J. Trump. Remarkably, Trump has been able to defeat Democrats’ long list of schemes to transform our country away from the divinely inspired vision of our Founding Fathers.

Trump must be reelected in November Video.

Lloyd Marcus, The Unhyphenated American

https://newswithviews.com/stop-pandering-to-leftists-systemic-racism-big-lie/

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

So explain why black households have one tenth the wealth of white households.    Whites have on average $150,000 saved while black people have about $14,000 saved.   

Either they are different from us (racist), or society treats them differently (systemic racism).

black wealth.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/06/04/economic-divide-black-households/

And it's like that for every measure of well being.  Wealth, income, education, health, home ownership.    Every single one.

Social Butterfly

ManicProgressive wrote:

So explain why black households have one tenth the wealth of white households.    Whites have on average $150,000 saved while black people have about $14,000 saved.

Maybe you would care to explain why you think the stats you quote, is a result of the color of a persons skin or proves that the USA (as a whole) is racist.    

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

ManicProgressive wrote:

Maybe you would care to explain why you think the stats you quote, is a result of the color of a persons skin or proves that the USA (as a whole) is racist.    

Because I know the country's history.  I know how laws were passed specifically to advantage white people (go read about John Punch), how laws were passed specifically to disadvantage black people after the Civil War, including the right to vote.   And how private businesses discriminate against people with names that "sound black."  And it never ends.  

Like this:  The power of house to create wealth.  The way the government helped white people get loans.  The way racial covenants propped up home values in white neighborhoods and devalued black neighborhoods.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqrhn8khGLM

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Because I know the country's history.  I know how laws were passed specifically to advantage white people (go read about John Punch), how laws were passed specifically to disadvantage black people after the Civil War, including the right to vote.   And how private businesses discriminate against people with names that "sound black."  And it never ends.  

Like this:  The power of house to create wealth.  The way the government helped white people get loans.  The way racial covenants propped up home values in white neighborhoods and devalued black neighborhoods.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mqrhn8khGLM

Why would anyone defend an argument that doesn't exist? The USA isn't racist as a whole?  Hmmm, whoever said it was?  It can be argued that trump and many of his supporters, in general (as a whole), treat others differently and with disdain.  Call it whatever you like, but it is what it is...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png