Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The US Has Been Cooling Since 1930 (video)

Message 1 of 10

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

Ah. So you think we should just keep doing what we're doing to make the warming process go faster?

You anti-science people don't think this stuff through very much, do you?

I believe that most of the people that you argue this "science" with are actually in the scientific field and know much more than you!

The top climate scientists disagree with you, I'll take their scientific analysis over yours any day of the week.

Well then, call up Chucky Schumer and tell him you are for onerous carbon taxes on all gasoline, coal, oil, electricity and tell him you are also for giving that tax money to other countries.  Then you will be happy and the climate will change back to what the liberals want.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10

Intesitng, and probably wrong.  Still, every major scientific organization has measured the warming of the global atmosphere and correlated it to the increase in greenhouse gasses generated by mankind's activities. So, we have man made global warming which is already making huge differences in the way we live. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

Ah. So you think we should just keep doing what we're doing to make the warming process go faster?

I believe that most of the people that you argue this "science" with are actually in the scientific field and know much more than you!

The top climate scientists disagree with you, I'll take their scientific analysis over yours any day of the week.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

: The US Has Been Cooling Since 1930 (video)

Why should I believe some guy on a you tube over a global consensus of climate scientists?

Why should I even bother to watch 53 minutes of that?

It would be one thing if my senses told me there has been no change in the climate in my lifetime, or the climate was cooler, then I might doubt what science states.

However I have observed, with my senses, and my memory, warming, as observed by ice formation.

In short I used to ice skate every year in my youth, and now the ponds don't freeze over, sled riding every year, and now snow that stays around long enough to pack down and turn to ice is rare, I remember large icicles hanging from the eves of houses, I haven't seen those in decades,  warmer summers are harder to quantify simply by the senses.

So I tend to beleive the consenus of science and ignore the fringe.

https://science2017.globalchange.gov/chapter/6/

Temperature Changes in the United States

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

@H2Oh wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

Ditto you.

On the contrary, I've thought this out carefully. Even if the climate is warming naturally, I see no logic in continuing to do things that make it worse.

Your position, on the other hand, seems to be that we should just ignore it and keep on doing what we've always done because hey, who cares if we speed up the process? Ditto nothing.

If you have thought it out carefully, then exactly what in the video do you disagree with?

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

@H2Oh wrote:

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

@aruzinsky wrote:

@H2Oh wrote:

Ditto you.

On the contrary, I've thought this out carefully. Even if the climate is warming naturally, I see no logic in continuing to do things that make it worse.

Your position, on the other hand, seems to be that we should just ignore it and keep on doing what we've always done because hey, who cares if we speed up the process? Ditto nothing.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

@H2Oh wrote:

Ditto you.

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 10

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The US Has Been Cooling Since 1930 (video)

Message 10 of 10

Evaluating The Integrity Of Official Climate Records

Old Witch
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors