You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Truth About The News

Message 1 of 14

@nctarheel wrote:

Challenging a discredited source is a perfectly valid process.

Discredited sources disseminate tall tales just like this meme does.

So who is the one discrediting it? Do you have a reputable source that says it is?  Besides your unilateral claim?  And have you discredited it because of your prejudicial bias?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

You are probably the only one who challenges sources rather than the content. 

Challenging a discredited source is a perfectly valid process.

Discredited sources disseminate tall tales just like this meme does.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Soosie counts on posters that actually waste their time in analyzing and arguing what she posts.
I donh't know who  makes me laugh harder the poster or Sossie's  cartoons.

Is this topic about a cartoon or Soosie?

Well, the cartoon and it's obvious lack of truth would seem to reflect on the person posting it. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Violence against Trump Supporters????

nctarheel posted...

Have you any media releases relating to that subject from other than fringe media outlets?

Other than verbal confrontations in restaurants, I have not read or heard of any violence.

=========================

THanks for asking...

You need to get up to speed about what is going on...FYI please read this ... its one of many on this subject.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trump-supporters-attacks-violence-hatred-media-bias/
Dispatches From The 'Tolerant' Left's War On Trump Supporters

7/09/2018
Angry Opposition: Every day brings new examples of the supposedly open-minded, inclusive, tolerant, peace-loving left threatening or attacking Trump administration officials or Trump supporters. Hatred and intolerance has been standard operating procedure on the extreme left. But thanks to enablers among Democrats and the press, it's quickly becoming dangerously "mainstream."

Here are some of the ways in just the past few days that the left has expressed its tolerance for those it disagrees with:

On Friday, Martin Astrof went to the campaign headquarters of Rep. Lee Zeldin, and then threatened to kill Zeldin and Trump supporters generally, according to news accounts of the incident. As he left, he nearly ran over a campaign staffer with his car.

An angry Trump critic allegedly punched a homeowner in Boynton Beach, Fla., for having a Trump flag in his front yard, and then dragged the homeowner 30 feet while driving away.
A bookstore owner in Richmond, Va., called the cops after a woman started harassing former Trump advisor Steven Bannon, who was browsing in the store. Former Clinton aide Philippe Reines later tweeted out the bookstore owner's contact information, in a thinly veiled attempt to encourage attacks on the store. Reines defended the tweet, saying, "I'm providing a service."

A group of "protesters" following Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell out of a restaurant in Kentucky shouted "vote you out" and "we know where you live, **bleep**."
Brandon Straka — a gay former liberal who posted a video complaining that "the Left devolved into intolerant, inflexible, illogical, hateful, misguided, ill-informed, un-American, hypocritical, menacing, callous, ignorant, narrow-minded, and at times blatantly fascistic behavior and rhetoric" and sparked the #walkaway Twitter trend — says a local camera store refused to serve him. Thereby proving his point.
"I'm shaking right now," Straka tweeted Thursday. "I just went into a camera store to buy a camera and a light and mic, etc., and they recognized me from TV. I was refused service because they said it was for 'alt-right' purposes."

Alan Dershowitz, once the darling of the liberal left until he started to question the merits of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, says that a woman at a party on Martha's Vineyard was heard saying, "if Dershowitz were here tonight, I'd stab him through the heart."
Horror novelist and reliable Trump-hater Steven King sent a tweet over July 4 encouraging progressives to "go find a Trump-supporting friend — the one you haven't spoken to since November of 2016 — and give him or her a hug. Trumpies, find a 'liberal snowflake' friend and do the same. Just for today, let's all be Americans." The response was an outpouring of outrage at King, with one woman tweeting that it was "The scariest thing you've ever written."
A Fast-Growing List
Breitbart recently started compiling what it characterizes as "acts of media-approved violence and harassment against Trump supporters." The list is now up to 258 — and climbing fast. So far this month, Breitbart counts more than two dozen incidents of threats, intimidation and violence against Trump officials and supporters, or mainstream journalists excusing such actions.

That's likely just scratching the surface, since no doubt many abuses go unreported.

The left defends such actions as justified because of Trump's policies or his actions. The truth is, this is how extremists on the left always respond to politicians and policies they disagree with. They threaten, intimidate and try to shut them down. If you don't think so, try attending a speech by a conservative speaker at any liberal college in the U.S.

Yes, we know, there are haters on the right. And Trump can be crude and abusive. But that's the point. Even a whiff of hatred or intolerance on the right always — and correctly — receives widespread condemnation, including by Republicans.

The same is not true on the left. Not. Even. Close.

Instead, Democrats and their handmaidens in the press are busy normalizing violent, abusive, intolerant behavior … when not encouraging more of it. They seem to have forgotten that we live in a representative democracy, where we settle debates over public policies — peacefully — at the voting booth.

Nice long article. What you are showing us is like what our forefathers did in the run up to our war with a far right government in England. We had the Boston Tea Party, Action against Torys in Phila., and in most other places at that time. That was all finalized by our founding fathers when they went to war and won our freedom.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@rker321 wrote:

Soosie counts on posters that actually waste their time in analyzing and arguing what she posts.

Is this topic about a cartoon or Soosie?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

Violence against Trump Supporters????

nctarheel posted...

Have you any media releases relating to that subject from other than fringe media outlets?

Other than verbal confrontations in restaurants, I have not read or heard of any violence.

=========================

THanks for asking...

You need to get up to speed about what is going on...FYI please read this ... its one of many on this subject.

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/trump-supporters-attacks-violence-hatred-media-bias/
Dispatches From The 'Tolerant' Left's War On Trump Supporters

7/09/2018
Angry Opposition: Every day brings new examples of the supposedly open-minded, inclusive, tolerant, peace-loving left threatening or attacking Trump administration officials or Trump supporters. Hatred and intolerance has been standard operating procedure on the extreme left. But thanks to enablers among Democrats and the press, it's quickly becoming dangerously "mainstream."

Here are some of the ways in just the past few days that the left has expressed its tolerance for those it disagrees with:

On Friday, Martin Astrof went to the campaign headquarters of Rep. Lee Zeldin, and then threatened to kill Zeldin and Trump supporters generally, according to news accounts of the incident. As he left, he nearly ran over a campaign staffer with his car.

An angry Trump critic allegedly punched a homeowner in Boynton Beach, Fla., for having a Trump flag in his front yard, and then dragged the homeowner 30 feet while driving away.
A bookstore owner in Richmond, Va., called the cops after a woman started harassing former Trump advisor Steven Bannon, who was browsing in the store. Former Clinton aide Philippe Reines later tweeted out the bookstore owner's contact information, in a thinly veiled attempt to encourage attacks on the store. Reines defended the tweet, saying, "I'm providing a service."

A group of "protesters" following Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell out of a restaurant in Kentucky shouted "vote you out" and "we know where you live, **bleep**."
Brandon Straka — a gay former liberal who posted a video complaining that "the Left devolved into intolerant, inflexible, illogical, hateful, misguided, ill-informed, un-American, hypocritical, menacing, callous, ignorant, narrow-minded, and at times blatantly fascistic behavior and rhetoric" and sparked the #walkaway Twitter trend — says a local camera store refused to serve him. Thereby proving his point.
"I'm shaking right now," Straka tweeted Thursday. "I just went into a camera store to buy a camera and a light and mic, etc., and they recognized me from TV. I was refused service because they said it was for 'alt-right' purposes."

Alan Dershowitz, once the darling of the liberal left until he started to question the merits of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's investigation, says that a woman at a party on Martha's Vineyard was heard saying, "if Dershowitz were here tonight, I'd stab him through the heart."
Horror novelist and reliable Trump-hater Steven King sent a tweet over July 4 encouraging progressives to "go find a Trump-supporting friend — the one you haven't spoken to since November of 2016 — and give him or her a hug. Trumpies, find a 'liberal snowflake' friend and do the same. Just for today, let's all be Americans." The response was an outpouring of outrage at King, with one woman tweeting that it was "The scariest thing you've ever written."
A Fast-Growing List
Breitbart recently started compiling what it characterizes as "acts of media-approved violence and harassment against Trump supporters." The list is now up to 258 — and climbing fast. So far this month, Breitbart counts more than two dozen incidents of threats, intimidation and violence against Trump officials and supporters, or mainstream journalists excusing such actions.

That's likely just scratching the surface, since no doubt many abuses go unreported.

The left defends such actions as justified because of Trump's policies or his actions. The truth is, this is how extremists on the left always respond to politicians and policies they disagree with. They threaten, intimidate and try to shut them down. If you don't think so, try attending a speech by a conservative speaker at any liberal college in the U.S.

Yes, we know, there are haters on the right. And Trump can be crude and abusive. But that's the point. Even a whiff of hatred or intolerance on the right always — and correctly — receives widespread condemnation, including by Republicans.

The same is not true on the left. Not. Even. Close.

Instead, Democrats and their handmaidens in the press are busy normalizing violent, abusive, intolerant behavior … when not encouraging more of it. They seem to have forgotten that we live in a representative democracy, where we settle debates over public policies — peacefully — at the voting booth.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel

Soosie might have been wanting to see if you are still around.  Its been a few days since you've challenged sources instead of the content.

You are probably the only one who challenges sources rather than the content.  You still haven't provided an approved list of sources that can be used here.

Of course sources are only provided to give credit to the them and to enable self-appointed critics links so they can criticize their use.

I think she was talking about the setting being a Fox newsroom.  We don't really care about the source of a cartoon, as long as it accurately states the facts. So, which Trump supporters were attacked?  Are we talking about Sara's burger again? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@rker321 wrote:

Gee Soosie  that is a great cartoon, that was Fox  wasn't it?

Fox doesn't carry editorial cartoons, but I came across it elsewhere on other media.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@nctarheel

Soosie might have been wanting to see if you are still around.  Its been a few days since you've challenged sources instead of the content.

You are probably the only one who challenges sources rather than the content.  You still haven't provided an approved list of sources that can be used here.

Of course sources are only provided to give credit to the them and to enable self-appointed critics links so they can criticize their use.

Kudos
Views