Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Trump Strikes Back!

Message 1 of 23

A wall with no human reaction is not a barrier, it is an inconvenience. The CBP response time, in remote areas, is one hour to 23 hours.   A wall only deters those without ladders. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:
LydiaN586309 posted...

Bottomline: PRESIDENT TRUMP shutdown the government on his own. PRESIDENT TRUMP doesn't need Rep. Pelosi to end the shutdown. He could end the shutdown with one of his might tweets! The ball is in his court!

=================================================================

He as(sic) Pelosi and Shumer could end the shutdown but when we have one side (Pelosi and Schumer) that fail to negotiate the ball is in their court.

I like Trump favor border security which includes a wall...a wall that would help end illegals dying in the desert. etc. I think you would agree on that if you are fair minded and care about humans.

If trump would negotiate instead of just demanding money for a wall .............. or just accept a temporary budget without the wall, the shutdown would end. The "ball is in trump's court.

So you prefer that we have a wall and that immigrants can climb over it a die in the desert in the United States? That's a strange desire, especially of a person were "fair minded and cared about humans".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 23

Cent,

I agree 💯 with your post. Plus, maybe they could answer scuttlebutt. There's a question floating around about privatizing the VA, under the Koch brothers. I just know there are concerns.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Panjandrum posted..

Trump wants his wall money or nothing. That's not "negotiating", it's making a demand. How about you getting real.

======================================================

Were(sic) have you been?

Pelosi: Wall Funding Is a 'Non-Starter' - Washington Free Beacon
https://freebeacon.com/uncategorized/pelosi-wall-funding-is-a-non-starter/

Ever hear of negotiating? Get real..please!

The Free Beacon? Ever read anything from an unbiased source? Trump is the one not negotiating, he wants a wall or nothing.

Get real ... please !

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:
LydiaN586309 posted....

And so Our Crybaby In Chief has thrown down his rattle, pushed his bowl of oats onto the floor, and just peed and messed his diaper for good measure. Waaaaaaaaa! Waaaaaaaaaa!

Yup, all of the adults have now officially left the building!

==================================================================

If Ms Pelosi carried about ending the government shutdown which she could end if she would negotiate she would be in DC doing her job instead of running away...leaving the country.

Get real.

You "get real" Kiboy2.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:
He as Pelosi and Shumer could end the shutdown but when we have one side (Pelosi and Schumer) that fail to negotiate the ball is in their court.
I like Trump favor border security which includes a wall...a wall that would help end illegals dying in the desert. etc. I think you would agree on that if you are fair minded and care about humans.

Trump has said he wants his 5.7 billion dollars for a wall....PERIOD!   He has demanded that and shut down the government because he could not get that specific amount from Congress.   He has said he will not re-open the government unless he gets what he wants.  So please tell me, wherein that statement does he show himself willing to negotiate?  As I have said many times before on these forums, to negotiate generally requires some compromise ON BOTH SIDES.  Trump is NOT willing to do that.  He simply wants the House to give him the money for the wall and go away.  There is no negotiating with him!  In Trump's deal-making strategy there's always got to be a WINNER (Trump) and a loser (whomever he is "negotiating" with).

I do care about PEOPLE and believe the president should open the government and bring back ALL government workers with full pay and benefits NOW and then sit down with the Democrats and work out some kind of COMPROMISE in which BOTH SIDES can go away from the table with a win-win.   It is 45 who is unreasonable, heartless, and cruel and that is evidenced by the fact that he continues to sit back and see 800,000 plus Americans either work without pay or not work at all and suffer all because of his enoromous and unquenchable brutish ego.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 23

I'm sure the troops were looking forward to a leader who wasn't going to lie about their pay. Someone that truly cares about them and their families.  Had she gone, she would have embarrassed trump just by telling the troops the truth and demonstrating America cares about them and their family....true empathy which trump is still learning to spell.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 23

MsStretch,

So many great points in your post. Plus, what about the stop over in Brussels to reassure our allies.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

Oddly enough Melania took one of the Air Force One Planes from Washington to Palm Beach/Mar a Lago JUST TONIGHT - now that's a text book definition of a "Excursion" - how come she didn't exercise her prerogative & fly commercial during the current Government Shutdown?

Once again, Mick, trump and his puppets demonstrate the frauds that they are.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 23

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Fair minded people who actually  care about humans don't shut down the government and with hold the pay of over 800,000 humans and impact another 250,000 because they don't get way.without pay. out of work.

Kudos
Views