AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The TEXAN Unabomber

Message 1 of 71

@CS402050wrote:

However, I feel that it does prove my previous point when I said that jumping to a conclusion prior to the facts being known can make one look awfully foolish.  Based on the facts, it probably had nothing to do with race...

I agree with you about jumping to conclusions because if one delved deeper into the history of Austin, they would discover it just celebrated an anniversary of sorts.

It celebrated the 90th anniversary of a 1928 City Plan that created a "Negro District" in East Austin where Blacks and Hispanics were "supposed" to live. Though, not by statute, but by demographics, that district exists to this day.

Three of the 5 bombings occurred in this district. Law Enforcement was just beginning to consider this might be a Hate Crime; when one went off in a White area. Of course, it being TEXAS Law Enforcement, they immediately and somewhat automatically declassified it from a Hate Crime to something else.

Black citizens are not so sure that the bombing of the two members of a well known Black Family was not a Hate Crime and that the bomber blew up others to divert attention.

I can't say that I disagree with them.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 71

A quick update on this subject.  The bomber was actually a 23 year old kid who blew himself up rather than be taken alive.  That in itself is a tragedy.  A kid with his whole life in front of him who chooses to use it to kill people including himself.

He left a 25 minute audio tape but the authorities said it did not reveal his motive.  However, I feel that it does prove my previous point when I said that jumping to a conclusion prior to the facts being known can make one look awfully foolish.  Based on the facts, it probably had nothing to do with race...

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 71

Here’s an old blog spot belonging  to the bomber.

http://definingmystance.blogspot.com/

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 71
@TxGrandpa2 wrote:
@Centristsin2010wrote:

Neither does anyone else, though you falsely claim otherwise. I have confidence that the Austin Police Department and other law enforcement agencies is (sic) doing a good job in getting to the bottom of the bombings. It isn't about if; it's about when.  How many will die between now and then?

Do you have a problem with that?  Nope, just the whining and baiting and personal attacks.  But thanks for asking....

Suggest the personal attacks are not coming from me Of course not....never noticed much objectivity. 

But back to the topic, it appears that the suspected Austin bomber killed himself as Swat Team officers moved in to arrest him.  Interested to see what his motive was.  Actually, it was excellent police work.  Good job, law enforcement!

Will this make the list of people killed by police?  Why would it?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 71

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Neither does anyone else, though you falsely claim otherwise. I have confidence that the Austin Police Department and other law enforcement agencies is (sic) doing a good job in getting to the bottom of the bombings. It isn't about if; it's about when.  How many will die between now and then?

Do you have a problem with that?  Nope, just the whining and baiting and personal attacks.  But thanks for asking....

Suggest the personal attacks are not coming from me since I'm not the one who unilaterally goes off with personal comments like has been even done in this thread.  Some just can't help going after certain posters. 

But back to the topic, it appears that the suspected Austin bomber killed himself as Swat Team officers moved in to arrest him.  Interested to see what his motive was.

Will this make the list of people killed by police?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 71

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

What is shameful is that there are liberals here attempting to use the incidents, with loss of life, for wrongful adverse purposes. Poppy **bleep**.  "Wrongful adverse" purposes would include any position you disagree with....   Any concern for the victims?  You'll need to ask Liberals like yourself.

I am not the one attempting to use these bombings for nefarious reasons here.  Neither does anyone else, though you falsely claim otherwise. I have confidence that the Austin Police Department and other law enforcement agencies is (sic) doing a good job in getting to the bottom of the bombings. It isn't about if; it's about when.  How many will die between now and then?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 71

@Centristsin2010wrote:

What is shameful is that there are liberals here attempting to use the incidents, with loss of life, for wrongful adverse purposes. Poppy **bleep**.  "Wrongful adverse" purposes would include any position you disagree with....   Any concern for the victims?  You'll need to ask Liberals like yourself.

I am not the one attempting to use these bombings for nefarious reasons here.  I have confidence that the Austin Police Department and other law enforcement agencies is doing a good job in getting to the bottom of the bombings.

Do you have a problem with that? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 71

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

'Certainly the wise new police chief in Austin isn't closing the book on this being a hate crime. Meanwhile, some are jumping to conclusions....'

Image result for you jumping to conclusions gif

I don't believe that the Austin Police Department nor the FBI has dismissed any theories as to the motive for the bombings.

I'm sure they haven't, though YOU posted "local sources say that authorities are now believing these are not hate crimes but the work of a serial bomber." "No doubt", a serial bomber could be racially motivated....  

One should be more hesitant in their jumping to conclusions regarding anything or about others.  So why do you?  Any senior citizen should have learned that years ago.  Yes, you should have.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 71

'Certainly the wise new police chief in Austin isn't closing the book on this being a hate crime. Meanwhile, some are jumping to conclusions....'

I don't believe that the Austin Police Department nor the FBI has dismissed any theories as to the motive for the bombings.  One should be more hesitant in their jumping to conclusions regarding anything or about others.  Any senior citizen should have learned that years ago.

The news today is about an explosion at a FedX facility near San Antonio as likely being linked to the serial bomber.  The package that blew up was bound for Austin.

What is shameful is that there are liberals here attempting to use the incidents, with loss of life, for wrongful adverse purposes.  Any concern for the victims?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 71

Well the NATIONAL news say's the two whites were random as they were killed by tripping a trip wire....nothing like taking the hunting dogs off the trail.  Even wise posters may not be seeing it as it is....

Certainly the wise new police chief in Austin isn't closing the book on this being a hate crime. Meanwhile, some are jumping to conclusions....

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22