Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The TEXAN Unabomber

Message 61 of 71

@Epsterwrote:

Meanwhile, it does not surprise me to see such careless use of language.

I was on the receiving end of unsettling Unibomber surface mail. I was on the receiving end of death threats from Unibomber wannabes. I was a frequent visitor to an office building in which a Unibomber package exploded, causing death and mayhem. My friend was killed by this bomb. 

Unless your incoming mail was routinely inspected by the FBI; unless you had clients hire a bodyguard so you could perform your work; unless your vehicle was routinely swept for bombs, all courtesy of the Unibomber and his mimics, you might not find the use of the term here to be grossly inappropriate.

And yet it is exactly that: insensitive, crude, incendiary and inappropriate. Also typical of these boards. 

Epster, the frequent thread unsubber, going now to engage that feature because there is nothing you can say now that I intend to read. Period.

The blitzkrieg manner in which you attack another's post without one iota of ON TOPIC discourse is really getting long in the tooth. This isn't the first time you are guilty of this.

@Epster, your experiences have nothing to do with the subject matter of this post.

That I used the name given to "Ted" Kaczynski, THE UNABOMBER, is because many, from The Washington Post to Fox News, are drawing parallels of these latest incidents to the incidents he perpetrated so many years ago.

Where you got the term UNIBOMBER from, I do not know.

Frankly, you make it sound like my post was personal when you weren't even a participant in the thread.

Once your complete your attack by using words such as insensitive, crude, and inappropriate; you then state you won't be reading any responses.

In other words, the only purpose of your post was NOT discourse but WAS TO ATTACK ANOTHER.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 71

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Epsterwrote:

Just another case of the poster using his own prejudical feels reflect in his posts.  There isn't any incident in the state of Texas that he doesn't jump on and build up to be nefarious. 

He completely ignores the facts and doesn't post his sources.  I posted a link to CNN where it clearly states, as I have read in local media, that this packages were left on porches in the middle of night.  He makes that being mailed through the USPS.

And his Amen Corner jumps right in with an 'Amen' just because of the location.

This site has deteriorated to the level of supermarket tabloids or lower.

Well whoopee doodle doo!

Maybe after another dozen or so posts disagreeing with nctarheel and lauding the absolutely racially bias-free state of Texas are posted, those people will - either magically - or miraculoulsly be alive again...

Maybe Putin's Butt-Boi-in-Chief can do something - ya think?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 71

@Epsterwrote:

Just another case of the poster using his own prejudical feels reflect in his posts.  There isn't any incident in the state of Texas that he doesn't jump on and build up to be nefarious. 

He completely ignores the facts and doesn't post his sources.  I posted a link to CNN where it clearly states, as I have read in local media, that this packages were left on porches in the middle of night.  He makes that being mailed through the USPS.

And his Amen Corner jumps right in with an 'Amen' just because of the location.

This site has deteriorated to the level of supermarket tabloids or lower.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 71

@nctarheelwrote:

Someone is mailing "mail bombs" to BLACK and HISPANIC individuals. Two have died so far.

More false information gathered by browsing the internet for juicy tidbits to blow out of proportion.

These are not 'mail bombs' as the poster incorrectly posted, but packages left on front porches by an unidentified person.  Then when the homeowner or someone opens the package they explode.

None of the cardboard packages was delivered by the US Postal Service or delivery services such as UPS or FedEx, police said. The packages were left in the overnight hours. The poster apparently has a vivid imagination who's post fits his purpose about painting the state as racially prejudice.

As far as the ethnicity of the victims, the authorities are unsure of the motives.  Of course the poster has in the past brought up racism where it doesn't exist. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 71

It just breaks my heart. The 17 year old victim especially. He was just a baby, his whole life ahead of him. Draylen Mason, rest in power.

http://www.complex.com/life/2018/03/austin-police-identify-17-year-old-bomb-victim

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 71
you think guns kill too many people? so does being born!! what re you libs going to do bout that? more people die everyday becuse they were born than people dying by gun.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 71

@nctarheelwrote:

Once again, TEXAS is trying to secure its position as THE MOST RACIST STATE IN THE UNION.

Now, they are getting innovative and using history as a guide.

Someone is mailing "mail bombs" to BLACK and HISPANIC individuals. Two have died so far.

Just like the UNABOMBER decades ago; but, with RACE this time as the determining factor as to who is the victim.

Shouldn't surprise anyone in a state that has the most KKK chapters in the country and 215 Law Enforcement Agencies with no people of color.

Just a guess, but I would not be surprised the bomber is a gunnutter who wants people to think guns are okay because there's so many other ways nut cases can kill people - which IS a recurring "argument" (devoid of logic) used by the NRAGOP to defend their inaction on gun safety.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 71

It never ceases to amaze me how some just look for reasons to be offended and attack others with their faux outrage. Especially closing with the now ever-so-familiar, "I don't care what you think; I'm not listening (reading) what you have to say."

It's odd they often think others should care how they feel?  What hypocrisy...

Of course, it's an excellent description of what's happening in Austin.  Like the "Unibomber", the method is "delivered packages" from an anonymous party.  I don't think they could have used a "match"....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 71

I was on the receiving end of unsettling Unibomber surface mail. I was on the receiving end of death threats from Unibomber wannabes. I was a frequent visitor to an office building in which a Unibomber package exploded, causing death and mayhem. My friend was killed by this bomb. 

Unless your incoming mail was routinely inspected by the FBI; unless you had clients hire a bodyguard so you could perform your work; unless your vehicle was routinely swept for bombs, all courtesy of the Unibomber and his mimics, you might not find the use of the term here to be grossly inappropriate.

And yet it is exactly that: insensitive, crude, incendiary and inappropriate. Also typical of these boards. 

Epster, the frequent thread unsubber, going now to engage that feature because there is nothing you can say now that I intend to read. Period.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 71

@nctarheelwrote:

Once again, TEXAS is trying to secure its position as THE MOST RACIST STATE IN THE UNION.

Now, they are getting innovative and using history as a guide.

Just like the UNABOMBER decades ago; but, with RACE this time as the determining factor as to who is the victim.

Shouldn't surprise anyone in a state that has the most KKK chapters in the country and 215 Law Enforcement Agencies with no people of color.

Right you are, "nc".  Just another racist coward.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors