Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Republicans evil tax plan

Message 1 of 8

@fangoh45 wrote:

@sa2353 wrote:

I amcalling on all seniors to speak up and complain. This tax bill will take away our tax deductions that we depend on to get money back to pay medical bills and such as well as do repairs on our homes. This bill will hurt us all very bad. Senoirs need to raise hell with the republican party, by calling them at 202-863-8500, call or text or email your senators and congressmen and tell them if they vote this bill in we are going to come after them with a vengence come next election. PLEASE everyone say something now before its too late and they pass the stupid bill tomorrow.  Thank You.

. Finally we have an expert opinion on what the bill does and does not do. I can hear it now, there will be people dying in the streets. The age-old refrain of liberals.

It certainly would be nice to include some specifics. From what little I've seen on the bill, it looks like there could be many positives. 

You are correct we have seen little on the bill so far and that is a big problem. Tonight we were given what some of the largest banks will see as increased profits. Wells Fargo gets the most, but the others really do well. We know that the law was geared to make Corp. Tax reductions not Indv., and it does that. We know the Corp. Tax part is not paid for and it becomes part of the deficit. The Indv. Tax cuts are paid for by moving money from lower, and middle class to the rich. We will all pay more to cover the increased cost of the increased debt. We know 13 million will loose insurance and we will all pay more for health care due to that. We know that the requirement for all to have health insurance ends. That will increase the cost of health care further, and bring back the PreEx which will further increase health care costs. We know there was a mistake in the bill from the house which was corrected by the Senate, and revoted in the house. Tonight we are told Trump will not sign the bill till Jan due to the fact if he does cuts to Medicare take effect now rather than later. Another mistake in the bill. There will be many more found as this is a hasty drawn bill, and it is a bad bill. We know over the life of the bill middle class will pay more, the rich less, and Corp. make more money that will go back to the stockholders so that means more to the rich than 401K holders. All in all it is a bad bill.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 8

@CUBANA48 wrote:

I totally agree and have already taken action by calling that number.

I'm still trying to figure out what the original poster is referring to when he/she said:

@sa2353 wrote:
This tax bill will take away our tax deductions that we depend on to get money back to pay medical bills and such as well as do repairs on our homes.

Since you are agreeing with the original poster's comment - can you explain?

I don't complain about anything unless I fully understand what I am talking about and speak intelligently on why I would take such action.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 8

I totally agree and have already taken action by calling that number.

Magda
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 8

The NY Times article points out that: "The Republican tax bill would cut taxes for about 75 percent of filers in 2018. How would it affect you?"

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/12/17/upshot/tax-calculator.html

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 8

To all the skeptics who think the rich are getting all the tax breaks  ---Example-All of  us should agree that anyone who has a taxable income of 19 million is rich.  They are presently paying 39% and that means they pay $7,410,000 in Federal taxes. There new rate wil be 37% and that means they will pay $7,030,000 or $380,000 less. Now look at a middle class family making $75,000. They will be paying $1,400 and $2,200 less depending on family size and mortgage deduction and state tax deduction. When you look at this  with a clear mind the rich is still paying the lion  share of all Federal taxes.   In fact ,the top 20%  of taxpayers will still be paying 95% of all federal taxes  when you take in consideration that 48% of all people who have income pay no taxes.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 8

@sa2353 wrote:

I amcalling on all seniors to speak up and complain. This tax bill will take away our tax deductions that we depend on to get money back to pay medical bills and such as well as do repairs on our homes. This bill will hurt us all very bad. Senoirs need to raise hell with the republican party, by calling them at 202-863-8500, call or text or email your senators and congressmen and tell them if they vote this bill in we are going to come after them with a vengence come next election. PLEASE everyone say something now before its too late and they pass the stupid bill tomorrow.  Thank You.

. Finally we have an expert opinion on what the bill does and does not do. I can hear it now, there will be people dying in the streets. The age-old refrain of liberals.

It certainly would be nice to include some specifics. From what little I've seen on the bill, it looks like there could be many positives. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 8

@sa2353

How exactly are you determining what you say here:

Tell me how it does this, I don't see how it will have this affect.

@sa2353 wrote:

This tax bill will take away our tax deductions that we depend on to get money back to pay medical bills and such as well as do repairs on our homes. 

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

The Republicans evil tax plan

Message 8 of 8

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors