Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Republican's Pelosi Problem

Message 1 of 13

So, the first thing the incoming Democratic congress will get to do is save the day. 

Deja Vu from 2009

Hopefully the election of progressives to the House can reverse the inverted totalitarianism that has taken over our country.

We really need to push left the save our country, we can't be complacent  just because  Democrats won the House this time. 

Truth be told Democrats have been guilty of plenty of their own managed democracy.

I don't think there is any equivalency between the two parties, Democrats are head and shoulders above Republicans when it comes to liberal democracy.

However they have gone along with Republicans so often a lot of people refer to the two parties of two sides of the same coin.

There is some truth to that.

Push left and watch how Democrats respond, elect progressives and start reversing the great purge of the left that has been going on since FDR died.

Restore liberal democracy.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

@Olderscout66 wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if Der Trumper was installed not just to redistribute money from the middle class to the very top of the 1% but to be so outrageous people don't bother to notice his appointees are using their Government office to rape and pillage the Nation.

YOU GOT IT!!!!!!   

That's part of the Trump agenda and the other is to assist Putin in his efforts to create a New World Order in which Putin and Russia (not America) are Number One in world. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

And then I went and started a thread for nothing.   When even the conservative financial think tank admits that the money from the Tax law is going to harm the economy, it will be interesting to watch the RW spin the worsening economy on ( by their own definition here - on those who don't benefit from the tax laws).... But hey, I am one of those folks who pay taxes and then get it all back when Income Tax returns are submitted - so I am one of "them".   

According to a report from the conservative-leaning Tax Foundation, current tariffs will cause a squeeze for middle-class Americans — and lead to fewer jobs in the US. The think tank also estimated that the economic pain of the tariffs would get much worse in the event Trump follows through on all tariffs he has threatened.

"These tariffs will increase the tax burden on Americans, falling hardest on lower and middle-income households, and reduce economic output, employment, and wages," said Erica York, an analyst at the Tax Foundation.

While tariffs have the immediate effect of raising costs at a port of entry for goods, York said those effects can eventually filter to businesses and consumers purchasing imported goods.

• "Tariffs can raise the cost of parts and materials, which would raise the price of goods using those inputs and reduce private-sector output. Tariffs also result in consumers paying more for goods than they would have otherwise," York wrote.
  • "Price increases suc
PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if Der Trumper was installed not just to redistribute money from the middle class to the very top of the 1% but to be so outrageous people don't bother to notice his appointees are using their Government office to rape and pillage the Nation.

Just the opposite - he was installed to prevent the redistribution of all the money from those that earned it to those that didn't and through the income tax cuts, this was partially completed.

Wait.......so you are admitting that the Republican tax cuts, paid for by deficit spending, were simply a ploy to redistribute wealth from the middle class to the rich?  Sweet. 

I see you are a bit confused.  Those income tax cuts went ONLY to those paying taxes. Those already getting a free ride compliments of those actually paying taxes, DON'T!  So the "ploy" was to redistribute the money back to the rightful owner instead of the deadbeats.

As are you. That means that the poor of the nation did not benefit from Trump's policies at all because he excluded them purposely.  The benefits to each family in  the middle class of the tax cuts was a couple of pizzas because there are so many. While the benefit to the to 1% was huge because of the way the law was written.  The impact will be most felt by the middle class and the poor because they are most at risk when economic hardship comes........like from a huge deficit. 

I love giving conservatives econ 101 lessons. They are so shocked. 

I see your problem.  You think the Trump income tax cuts purpose were for rewarding the poor instead of reducing the burden on those actually paying taxes!  You, my friend, are in dire need of an economics course.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

I just keep wondering how long, how much will it take for The Trump lovers before they see they have been duped? 

They see and hear the same stuff we do, or do they think if they Love The Donald more he'll  take care of them, and not kick them in their  A*************** in 2019. 

Oh what a surprise they have coming.. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Just the opposite - he was installed to prevent the redistribution of all the money from those that earned it to those that didn't and through the income tax cuts, this was partially completed.

Wait.......so you are admitting that the Republican tax cuts, paid for by deficit spending, were simply a ploy to redistribute wealth from the middle class to the rich?  Sweet. 

I see you are a bit confused.  Those income tax cuts went ONLY to those paying taxes. Those already getting a free ride compliments of those actually paying taxes, DON'T!  So the "ploy" was to redistribute the money back to the rightful owner instead of the deadbeats.

As are you. That means that the poor of the nation did not benefit from Trump's policies at all because he excluded them purposely.  The benefits to each family in  the middle class of the tax cuts was a couple of pizzas because there are so many. While the benefit to the to 1% was huge because of the way the law was written.  The impact will be most felt by the middle class and the poor because they are most at risk when economic hardship comes........like from a huge deficit. 

I love giving conservatives econ 101 lessons. They are so shocked. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors