From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
469
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

469 Views
Message 1 of 32

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


Bottom line - can you see what I mean by "Reps suck" and "Trump sucks" and the Nazi, fascist, alt-right, etc. does not contribute to reasonable discussion?

 


Does "the left sucks", NeoMarxists, libtards, communists and cop-haters contribute to reasonable discussion?

 

 


NeoMarxists is a real ideology espoused by the Progressive Movement. "Cop-haters" seems an appropriate description for those constantly attacking the police.

 

But, "Trump sucks" ........


You crack me up, rk. Here's a little clue for ya - Nazism, fascism and the alt-right movement are all real ideologies, too. If you don't want these terms associated with the republican party, then perhaps you should start speaking out when Trump the GOP embraces them. Racism and bigotry suck, and so do those that condone it by their willful silence. Calling someone a racist seems an appropriate description for their constant prejudice, especially those who believe that everyone from Mexico is a rapist and murderer, everyone from the Middle East is a terrorist, and cheers when their entry to the US, even by "legal" processes, is banned.

 


It really isn't funny when one cannot distinguish between ideologies based on hatred and one based on common (but misguided) decency. And then decide, "You called me a name, so I'll call you a name" without regard for factual reality - it's simply feeling the need to insult rather than think.

 

A perfect example of the need to insult rather than think is contained in, "those who believe that everyone from Mexico is a rapist and murderer" - no one could possibly believe that anyone thinks that.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
469
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
490
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

490 Views
Message 2 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


Bottom line - can you see what I mean by "Reps suck" and "Trump sucks" and the Nazi, fascist, alt-right, etc. does not contribute to reasonable discussion?

 


Does "the left sucks", NeoMarxists, libtards, communists and cop-haters contribute to reasonable discussion?

 

 


NeoMarxists is a real ideology espoused by the Progressive Movement. "Cop-haters" seems an appropriate description for those constantly attacking the police.

 

But, "Trump sucks" ........


You crack me up, rk. Here's a little clue for ya - Nazism, fascism and the alt-right movement are all real ideologies, too. If you don't want these terms associated with the republican party, then perhaps you should start speaking out when Trump the GOP embraces them. Racism and bigotry suck, and so do those that condone it by their willful silence. Calling someone a racist seems an appropriate description for their constant prejudice, especially those who believe that everyone from Mexico is a rapist and murderer, everyone from the Middle East is a terrorist, and cheers when their entry to the US, even by "legal" processes, is banned.

 

But, thanks for making my point once again. Not only do you insist right wingers be able to assign any label to those on the left that you deem fit, you also want to do it with impunity. And then you want to dictate what verbiage left wingers use in their posts because you take offense at what they say. Sounds like someone needs a "safe place". Whoda thunk it! We're done here.

 

Mick, keep on with what you post, and however you want to post it!! Maybe those that complain about what others are posting can actually learn how to discuss a topic. Isn't it odd how they always rail against political correctness, but then expect it only for themselves? Snowflakey.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
490
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
512
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

512 Views
Message 3 of 32

Dear Mick,

I haven't been on these message boards very long, but your posts were the first ones I was quickly drawn to and looked forward to seeing what was next each time I signed in.  I've have enjoyed your posts as they range from very informative to humorous.  Always thought provoking.  Always engaging.

 

I believe if someone thinks your voice should be lessened, I ask why should it be?  Each one of us have just as much right and opportunity to post whatever may be our favorite topic on these boards.  So if there are those out there who want to talk about other things, start writing and posting your thoughts/perspectives.  Afterall, this is an open forum.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
512
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
521
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

521 Views
Message 4 of 32

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


Bottom line - can you see what I mean by "Reps suck" and "Trump sucks" and the Nazi, fascist, alt-right, etc. does not contribute to reasonable discussion?

 


Does "the left sucks", NeoMarxists, libtards, communists and cop-haters contribute to reasonable discussion?

 

 


NeoMarxists is a real ideology espoused by the Progressive Movement. "Cop-haters" seems an appropriate description for those constantly attacking the police.

 

But, "Trump sucks" ........

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
521
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
539
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

539 Views
Message 5 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:


Bottom line - can you see what I mean by "Reps suck" and "Trump sucks" and the Nazi, fascist, alt-right, etc. does not contribute to reasonable discussion?

 


Does "the left sucks", NeoMarxists, libtards, communists and cop-haters contribute to reasonable discussion?

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
539
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
555
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

555 Views
Message 6 of 32

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The GOP sucks and Trump sucks was there, not the one you claimed to see.


"Claimed"?? It's there. It was always there. I can navigate the website instead of stomping my feet on the ground in a fit. The "the GOP sucks" is mine (my mistake, I thought I had said republicans instead), which I already said I posted in response to "the left sucks". Smiley Happy

 

https://community.aarp.org/t5/tag/the%20left%20sucks/tg-p/board-id/bg25

 

Currently Viewing: "the left sucks" in "Politics, Current Events" ( View in: | )1 post |1 tagger | First used: 10-04-2018

 

 

Right you are it was used and disappears The GOP sucks is still there. GOP sucks and Reps suck were used in posts.  Your point??


 


A couple of things are pretty obvious - 1) You don't understand the definition of "disappears", and 2) You don't understand the concept of "top tags". I'm not obliged to explain anything. At any rate, thanks for making my point.

 

 


Bottom line - can you see what I mean by "Reps suck" and "Trump sucks" and the Nazi, fascist, alt-right, etc. does not contribute to reasonable discussion?

 

And - I can't see how I made your point when your point is so ambiguous.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
555
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
565
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

565 Views
Message 7 of 32

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

I Understand Your Concerns - but until more Democrats & Especially More Progressive & Socialist Democrats Step Up To the Plate & say what needs to be said - I'm compelled to keep blasting away at Trump & The Trump Cult & The GOP

 

You know what happens when people don't use their First Ammendment Rights - 2 things -

 

First they begin to lose them because Politicians hear a message that Americans don't think Freedom of Speech is important

 

Second - all you hear is lies & false propoganda from the Fascists

 

 And therein lies a major problem for our discussions - "I disagree with your opinions so you are a fascist - end of discussion". It is on a par with "Republicans suck". Where can a reasonable discussion of any given issue go from there?


Shucks man, you forgot your "neoMarxist" comment.

It doesn't apply.

 

Mickstuder did not say " "I disagree with your opinions so you are a fascist - end of discussion", so why do you accuse him of that?  He also didn't say "Republicans suck", so why bring that up?  How does your reply promote or qualify being categorized as "adult discussion"?

When did I say he did???


 


You accused him of that right here:       And therein lies a major problem for our discussions - "I disagree with your opinions so you are a fascist - end of discussion". It is on a par with "Republicans suck". Where can a reasonable discussion of any given issue go from there?


That is an illustration of an approach taken by many on the left. How many times did you state your case as no more than "You (or he or they) are alt-right"?

 

Any chance you can move along with the issue and let Mick speak for himself?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
565
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
583
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

583 Views
Message 8 of 32

@mickstuder

Very good topic. In my year on this site, it has been a learning experience, how much is enough, or how much is too much. And sometimes I’ve felt that I got too wordy, and other times did I say enough. A progression of learning. 

Your posts are very fact based, which I do appreciate...that is not my mode, of which is trying to develop opinions and concepts incorporating facts. But sometimes trying to supply facts also. So thank you. 

And in my time here, I genuinely feel that there are many intelligent and thoughtful

people on both sides of the fence. I never got an application letter from Mensa, but have always felt a certain ability to differentiate between fact and fiction, or truth and lies. And there are those who are very insultive because we do not agree with them, or consider us intellectually inferior...which is delusional. 

I think that we are trying to communicate on this site, but over the years I have come to conclude that the art of communicating isn’t talking, it’s listening!

Mick and all, keep reeling it, I’m listening.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
583
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
592
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

592 Views
Message 9 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The GOP sucks and Trump sucks was there, not the one you claimed to see.


"Claimed"?? It's there. It was always there. I can navigate the website instead of stomping my feet on the ground in a fit. The "the GOP sucks" is mine (my mistake, I thought I had said republicans instead), which I already said I posted in response to "the left sucks". Smiley Happy

 

https://community.aarp.org/t5/tag/the%20left%20sucks/tg-p/board-id/bg25

 

Currently Viewing: "the left sucks" in "Politics, Current Events" ( View in: | )1 post |1 tagger | First used: 10-04-2018

 

 

Right you are it was used and disappears The GOP sucks is still there. GOP sucks and Reps suck were used in posts.  Your point??


 


A couple of things are pretty obvious - 1) You don't understand the definition of "disappears", and 2) You don't understand the concept of "top tags". I'm not obliged to explain anything. At any rate, thanks for making my point.

 

 

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
592
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
600
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

600 Views
Message 10 of 32

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

I Understand Your Concerns - but until more Democrats & Especially More Progressive & Socialist Democrats Step Up To the Plate & say what needs to be said - I'm compelled to keep blasting away at Trump & The Trump Cult & The GOP

 

You know what happens when people don't use their First Ammendment Rights - 2 things -

 

First they begin to lose them because Politicians hear a message that Americans don't think Freedom of Speech is important

 

Second - all you hear is lies & false propoganda from the Fascists

 

 And therein lies a major problem for our discussions - "I disagree with your opinions so you are a fascist - end of discussion". It is on a par with "Republicans suck". Where can a reasonable discussion of any given issue go from there?


Shucks man, you forgot your "neoMarxist" comment.

It doesn't apply.

 

Mickstuder did not say " "I disagree with your opinions so you are a fascist - end of discussion", so why do you accuse him of that?  He also didn't say "Republicans suck", so why bring that up?  How does your reply promote or qualify being categorized as "adult discussion"?

When did I say he did???


 


You accused him of that right here:       And therein lies a major problem for our discussions - "I disagree with your opinions so you are a fascist - end of discussion". It is on a par with "Republicans suck". Where can a reasonable discussion of any given issue go from there?


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
600
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!


close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors