Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
342
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

342 Views
Message 21 of 32

Unfortunately speaking I will have to agree with RK  on this one.  one voice tellling us what is happening does not make it as free speech.

We need the diversity of opinions by more than one author in order to have the real disucssions that this message board needs.

It shouldn't matter who posts, what matters is the diversity of ways of exposing an issue.

And as a Republican that is not a Trump Follower, I will not accept more leftists and not centrists in the Democratic Party. 
The left is in my view  is as corrosive as the ritght

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
342
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
340
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

340 Views
Message 22 of 32

@mickstuder wrote:

I Understand Your Concerns - but until more Democrats & Especially More Progressive & Socialist Democrats Step Up To the Plate & say what needs to be said - I'm compelled to keep blasting away at Trump & The Trump Cult & The GOP

 

You know what happens when people don't use their First Ammendment Rights - 2 things -

 

First they begin to lose them because Politicians hear a message that Americans don't think Freedom of Speech is important

 

Second - all you hear is lies & false propoganda from the Fascists

 

 And therein lies a major problem for our discussions - "I disagree with your opinions so you are a fascist - end of discussion". It is on a par with "Republicans suck". Where can a reasonable discussion of any given issue go from there?

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
340
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
352
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

352 Views
Message 23 of 32

@mickstuder wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

When I first joined this Forum - I was a different person - My posts were mostly sarcastic uninformed attempts to be Clever - Controversial

 

But I quickly learned there were some Serious Well Read Adults on the Forum who could quickly expose my posts for what they were - nonsense

 

So then I started to read more carefully & try to learn what the subject was about & if it interested me I would do some research - source the location of the support for my comments etc.

 

Then what started happening was I was criticized for long wordy uninteresting novels that no one would read - a few even today criticize me for posting too many words

 

So again I started reading the other posts to see what was different from mine & I noticed the posts that got the most attention were the ones that included one-liners - pictures - cartoons - etc

 

So I adjusted once more - if there was a Topic that I was seriously interested in - I posted several one paragraph posts albeit possbly similar and/or closely related

 

That seemed to have satisified most of the Critics for awhile - but now the Gripes have started up again

 

Too many posts - too many posts that are Negative about Trump etc.

 

So now I'm faced with another Dilemma

 

My instinct is to go back to fact-based posts but to fully flush out a subject requires lengthy back & forth discussion

 

You cannot examine the Meaning of Life with One-liners

 

You Also cannot honestly examine Trump with one post a day

 

Trump posts dozens of Tweets and is Quoted Directly on multiple subject multiple times every day 365 days a year

 

Because Trumps Comments are a combination of Truth - Half-truths & Blatant Lies - it's impossible to adequately cover & discuss Trump without commenting on all the Different Stuff that comes out of his mouth and the Weirdo things he does

 

So - @retiredtraveler just initiated a conversation on Education & I responded the way I would if I were emailing a acquaintance friend family member etc

 

I have every confidence this thread will just die - people on this forum do not want discussion - enlightenment - a different persepctive - all they want is to try & prove they are Right - TO WIN AT ALL COSTS & everyone else who won't support Trump or disagrees is wrong

 

I'm probably guilty of that at times as well

 

So as Trump is so fond of saying - We'll See!

 

 

 

 

 

 



@mickstuder wrote:

When I first joined this Forum - I was a different person - My posts were mostly sarcastic uninformed attempts to be Clever - Controversial

 

But I quickly learned there were some Serious Well Read Adults on the Forum who could quickly expose my posts for what they were - nonsense

 

So then I started to read more carefully & try to learn what the subject was about & if it interested me I would do some research - source the location of the support for my comments etc.

 

Then what started happening was I was criticized for long wordy uninteresting novels that no one would read - a few even today criticize me for posting too many words

 

So again I started reading the other posts to see what was different from mine & I noticed the posts that got the most attention were the ones that included one-liners - pictures - cartoons - etc

 

So I adjusted once more - if there was a Topic that I was seriously interested in - I posted several one paragraph posts albeit possbly similar and/or closely related

 

That seemed to have satisified most of the Critics for awhile - but now the Gripes have started up again

 

Too many posts - too many posts that are Negative about Trump etc.

 

So now I'm faced with another Dilemma

 

My instinct is to go back to fact-based posts but to fully flush out a subject requires lengthy back & forth discussion

 

You cannot examine the Meaning of Life with One-liners

 

You Also cannot honestly examine Trump with one post a day

 

Trump posts dozens of Tweets and is Quoted Directly on multiple subject multiple times every day 365 days a year

 

Because Trumps Comments are a combination of Truth - Half-truths & Blatant Lies - it's impossible to adequately cover & discuss Trump without commenting on all the Different Stuff that comes out of his mouth and the Weirdo things he does

 

So - @retiredtraveler just initiated a conversation on Education & I responded the way I would if I were emailing a acquaintance friend family member etc

 

I have every confidence this thread will just die - people on this forum do not want discussion - enlightenment - a different persepctive - all they want is to try & prove they are Right - TO WIN AT ALL COSTS & everyone else who won't support Trump or disagrees is wrong

 

I'm probably guilty of that at times as well

 

So as Trump is so fond of saying - We'll See!

 

My answer to your post.

There is nothing wrong about your posts, and I do believe that I have said that before, but it concerns me when I see that the message board contains only your posts. I believe in diversity of opinions, and I do believe that more authors should be posting so that we can see what others think.

Perhaps a blog is more conducive  to what you want to do. I am sure that I will read it and comment.

Perhaps if you can condense a lot of your threads into a fewer ones so that others with different ideas and opinions can introduce topics  I should say, that perhaps we been lazy and simply allowing to ourselves to read your posts and not bother to come up with any of ours. 

 

 

 

 


 


I Understand Your Concerns - but until more Democrats & Especially More Progressive & Socialist Democrats Step Up To the Plate & say what needs to be said - I'm compelled to keep blasting away at Trump & The Trump Cult & The GOP

 

You know what happens when people don't use their First Ammendment Rights - 2 things -

 

First they begin to lose them because Politicians hear a message that Americans don't think Freedom of Speech is important

 

Second - all you hear is lies & false propoganda from the Fascists

 

 

 

 


Keep doing just what you are doing as you bring the truth to this board. All of the subjects that appear in here about current events are now over 90% related. You can not solve any of them due to Trump. Trump works into all our posts if we are trying to keep this country out of the hands of a Dictator. Solve the Trump problem and we can all go back to a normal way of treating subjects. Keep up the good work.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
352
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
358
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

358 Views
Message 24 of 32

Keep up the good work, Mickstuder.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
358
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
367
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

367 Views
Message 25 of 32

@rker321 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

When I first joined this Forum - I was a different person - My posts were mostly sarcastic uninformed attempts to be Clever - Controversial

 

But I quickly learned there were some Serious Well Read Adults on the Forum who could quickly expose my posts for what they were - nonsense

 

So then I started to read more carefully & try to learn what the subject was about & if it interested me I would do some research - source the location of the support for my comments etc.

 

Then what started happening was I was criticized for long wordy uninteresting novels that no one would read - a few even today criticize me for posting too many words

 

So again I started reading the other posts to see what was different from mine & I noticed the posts that got the most attention were the ones that included one-liners - pictures - cartoons - etc

 

So I adjusted once more - if there was a Topic that I was seriously interested in - I posted several one paragraph posts albeit possbly similar and/or closely related

 

That seemed to have satisified most of the Critics for awhile - but now the Gripes have started up again

 

Too many posts - too many posts that are Negative about Trump etc.

 

So now I'm faced with another Dilemma

 

My instinct is to go back to fact-based posts but to fully flush out a subject requires lengthy back & forth discussion

 

You cannot examine the Meaning of Life with One-liners

 

You Also cannot honestly examine Trump with one post a day

 

Trump posts dozens of Tweets and is Quoted Directly on multiple subject multiple times every day 365 days a year

 

Because Trumps Comments are a combination of Truth - Half-truths & Blatant Lies - it's impossible to adequately cover & discuss Trump without commenting on all the Different Stuff that comes out of his mouth and the Weirdo things he does

 

So - @retiredtraveler just initiated a conversation on Education & I responded the way I would if I were emailing a acquaintance friend family member etc

 

I have every confidence this thread will just die - people on this forum do not want discussion - enlightenment - a different persepctive - all they want is to try & prove they are Right - TO WIN AT ALL COSTS & everyone else who won't support Trump or disagrees is wrong

 

I'm probably guilty of that at times as well

 

So as Trump is so fond of saying - We'll See!

 

 

 

 

 

 



@mickstuder wrote:

When I first joined this Forum - I was a different person - My posts were mostly sarcastic uninformed attempts to be Clever - Controversial

 

But I quickly learned there were some Serious Well Read Adults on the Forum who could quickly expose my posts for what they were - nonsense

 

So then I started to read more carefully & try to learn what the subject was about & if it interested me I would do some research - source the location of the support for my comments etc.

 

Then what started happening was I was criticized for long wordy uninteresting novels that no one would read - a few even today criticize me for posting too many words

 

So again I started reading the other posts to see what was different from mine & I noticed the posts that got the most attention were the ones that included one-liners - pictures - cartoons - etc

 

So I adjusted once more - if there was a Topic that I was seriously interested in - I posted several one paragraph posts albeit possbly similar and/or closely related

 

That seemed to have satisified most of the Critics for awhile - but now the Gripes have started up again

 

Too many posts - too many posts that are Negative about Trump etc.

 

So now I'm faced with another Dilemma

 

My instinct is to go back to fact-based posts but to fully flush out a subject requires lengthy back & forth discussion

 

You cannot examine the Meaning of Life with One-liners

 

You Also cannot honestly examine Trump with one post a day

 

Trump posts dozens of Tweets and is Quoted Directly on multiple subject multiple times every day 365 days a year

 

Because Trumps Comments are a combination of Truth - Half-truths & Blatant Lies - it's impossible to adequately cover & discuss Trump without commenting on all the Different Stuff that comes out of his mouth and the Weirdo things he does

 

So - @retiredtraveler just initiated a conversation on Education & I responded the way I would if I were emailing a acquaintance friend family member etc

 

I have every confidence this thread will just die - people on this forum do not want discussion - enlightenment - a different persepctive - all they want is to try & prove they are Right - TO WIN AT ALL COSTS & everyone else who won't support Trump or disagrees is wrong

 

I'm probably guilty of that at times as well

 

So as Trump is so fond of saying - We'll See!

 

My answer to your post.

There is nothing wrong about your posts, and I do believe that I have said that before, but it concerns me when I see that the message board contains only your posts. I believe in diversity of opinions, and I do believe that more authors should be posting so that we can see what others think.

Perhaps a blog is more conducive  to what you want to do. I am sure that I will read it and comment.

Perhaps if you can condense a lot of your threads into a fewer ones so that others with different ideas and opinions can introduce topics  I should say, that perhaps we been lazy and simply allowing to ourselves to read your posts and not bother to come up with any of ours. 

 

 

 

 


 


I Understand Your Concerns - but until more Democrats & Especially More Progressive & Socialist Democrats Step Up To the Plate & say what needs to be said - I'm compelled to keep blasting away at Trump & The Trump Cult & The GOP

 

You know what happens when people don't use their First Ammendment Rights - 2 things -

 

First they begin to lose them because Politicians hear a message that Americans don't think Freedom of Speech is important

 

Second - all you hear is lies & false propoganda from the Fascists

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
367
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
392
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

392 Views
Message 26 of 32

@mickstuder wrote:

When I first joined this Forum - I was a different person - My posts were mostly sarcastic uninformed attempts to be Clever - Controversial

 

But I quickly learned there were some Serious Well Read Adults on the Forum who could quickly expose my posts for what they were - nonsense

 

So then I started to read more carefully & try to learn what the subject was about & if it interested me I would do some research - source the location of the support for my comments etc.

 

Then what started happening was I was criticized for long wordy uninteresting novels that no one would read - a few even today criticize me for posting too many words

 

So again I started reading the other posts to see what was different from mine & I noticed the posts that got the most attention were the ones that included one-liners - pictures - cartoons - etc

 

So I adjusted once more - if there was a Topic that I was seriously interested in - I posted several one paragraph posts albeit possbly similar and/or closely related

 

That seemed to have satisified most of the Critics for awhile - but now the Gripes have started up again

 

Too many posts - too many posts that are Negative about Trump etc.

 

So now I'm faced with another Dilemma

 

My instinct is to go back to fact-based posts but to fully flush out a subject requires lengthy back & forth discussion

 

You cannot examine the Meaning of Life with One-liners

 

You Also cannot honestly examine Trump with one post a day

 

Trump posts dozens of Tweets and is Quoted Directly on multiple subject multiple times every day 365 days a year

 

Because Trumps Comments are a combination of Truth - Half-truths & Blatant Lies - it's impossible to adequately cover & discuss Trump without commenting on all the Different Stuff that comes out of his mouth and the Weirdo things he does

 

So - @retiredtraveler just initiated a conversation on Education & I responded the way I would if I were emailing a acquaintance friend family member etc

 

I have every confidence this thread will just die - people on this forum do not want discussion - enlightenment - a different persepctive - all they want is to try & prove they are Right - TO WIN AT ALL COSTS & everyone else who won't support Trump or disagrees is wrong

 

I'm probably guilty of that at times as well

 

So as Trump is so fond of saying - We'll See!

 

 

 

 

 

 



@mickstuder wrote:

When I first joined this Forum - I was a different person - My posts were mostly sarcastic uninformed attempts to be Clever - Controversial

 

But I quickly learned there were some Serious Well Read Adults on the Forum who could quickly expose my posts for what they were - nonsense

 

So then I started to read more carefully & try to learn what the subject was about & if it interested me I would do some research - source the location of the support for my comments etc.

 

Then what started happening was I was criticized for long wordy uninteresting novels that no one would read - a few even today criticize me for posting too many words

 

So again I started reading the other posts to see what was different from mine & I noticed the posts that got the most attention were the ones that included one-liners - pictures - cartoons - etc

 

So I adjusted once more - if there was a Topic that I was seriously interested in - I posted several one paragraph posts albeit possbly similar and/or closely related

 

That seemed to have satisified most of the Critics for awhile - but now the Gripes have started up again

 

Too many posts - too many posts that are Negative about Trump etc.

 

So now I'm faced with another Dilemma

 

My instinct is to go back to fact-based posts but to fully flush out a subject requires lengthy back & forth discussion

 

You cannot examine the Meaning of Life with One-liners

 

You Also cannot honestly examine Trump with one post a day

 

Trump posts dozens of Tweets and is Quoted Directly on multiple subject multiple times every day 365 days a year

 

Because Trumps Comments are a combination of Truth - Half-truths & Blatant Lies - it's impossible to adequately cover & discuss Trump without commenting on all the Different Stuff that comes out of his mouth and the Weirdo things he does

 

So - @retiredtraveler just initiated a conversation on Education & I responded the way I would if I were emailing a acquaintance friend family member etc

 

I have every confidence this thread will just die - people on this forum do not want discussion - enlightenment - a different persepctive - all they want is to try & prove they are Right - TO WIN AT ALL COSTS & everyone else who won't support Trump or disagrees is wrong

 

I'm probably guilty of that at times as well

 

So as Trump is so fond of saying - We'll See!

 

My answer to your post.

There is nothing wrong about your posts, and I do believe that I have said that before, but it concerns me when I see that the message board contains only your posts. I believe in diversity of opinions, and I do believe that more authors should be posting so that we can see what others think.

Perhaps a blog is more conducive  to what you want to do. I am sure that I will read it and comment.

Perhaps if you can condense a lot of your threads into a fewer ones so that others with different ideas and opinions can introduce topics  I should say, that perhaps we been lazy and simply allowing to ourselves to read your posts and not bother to come up with any of ours. 

 

 

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
392
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
7
Kudos
442
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

442 Views
Message 27 of 32

@CriticalThinking wrote:

This is not directed at Mick, but just in general. People will read posts if:

  • you do not quote 25, or a lot more lines from others (that's the kiss of death)
  • you keep your post relatively short, 2-3 paragraphs

As for Mick, I want to see fact filled, logical posts which aren't novels. Mick uploads very interesting topics, I want him to please continue, but make them more concise.

 

Our problem is not Mick, it's Trump Cult members who are addicted to Fox propaganda and allergic to facts and logic. Debating with them is a complete waste of time because they do not understand logic, refuse to use documentaton and facts, and Donald Trump is never wrong, no matter what he says or does.


I want Mick to continue also, I see nothing wrong with him posting topics as often as he desires, anyone else has the same opportunity. You are correct, no "debate" can be had with trump supporters, one can only 'banter' with them, it seems to be all they want.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
7
Kudos
442
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
442
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

442 Views
Message 28 of 32

@mickstuder - Many of us enjoy reading your posts whether we take time to comment, or not. If I'm short on time, I read the ones that I find most interesting, or just skim some of the others. I did notice when your style changed. So whether it's about posting for a more serious discussion, or just something lighter with humor, no matter, there's room for both. Happy posting!

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
442
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
449
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

449 Views
Message 29 of 32

You have changed. I recall, when I used to be on the forum, having mixed comments with your postings. I believe I disagreed with the majority of the opinions, but definitely posted when I was in agreement. Yes, postings are more thoughtful. 

   I used to post that I hated the labels: Repub or Dem automatically caused certain types of comments to be made. Same with lib or cons. Assumptions were made simply by using the label. Some of us are very mixed. I'm a 'leftie' on some social issues, definitely a 'righty' on others. It's strictly on a per-issue basis. I lean towards Libertarian, but they most definitely have some views that are just too 'out there' for me. But that should be true for everyone who affiliates with a certain party. Unless you can't think for yourself, you're not going to agree with all the planks on the party platform.  

 

Just to be clear. I am, totally, anti-Trump. I just see no reason to vent my utter distaste for him on this forum (that's what the wife is for Smiley Tongue).


"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
449
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
10
Kudos
450
Views

Re: The Reason I Post So Often

450 Views
Message 30 of 32

    Not a problem, as I see it, you provided information.     As I stated elsewhere, a  lot of us have been very busy with the Mid-Term election.    I am still waiting for the detailed breakdown of voting in my precinct.   While some may complain, that is their own problem, not mine and certainly not yours.

     I received an invitation to a gathering by a woman who I did not know, but her invitation was based on the yard signs I had in my yard.     At that meeting, her reason for calling the meeting was to remind everyone that we need to stay alert as 2020 is right around the corner.   We know what needs to be done and knowing people outside our precinct will be the tool to continue to turn TX blue. 

 

    So thanks for keeping the site running while I and many others were out canvassing and volunteering at local events.

 

     Those not in TX will not know or care, but 2 of the largest cities / counties in TX just did something huge - we replaced all the GOP justices with DEMS.    We may not have unseated Cruz, but the margin that GOP demand is their best weapon shrunk from 15 to 3.    That is why even TX lost some long term GOP representatives.      

    

      

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
10
Kudos
450
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors