Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The Reason I Post So Often

Message 31 of 32

This is not directed at Mick, but just in general. People will read posts if:

• you do not quote 25, or a lot more lines from others (that's the kiss of death)
  • you keep your post relatively short, 2-3 paragraphs

As for Mick, I want to see fact filled, logical posts which aren't novels. Mick uploads very interesting topics, I want him to please continue, but make them more concise.

Our problem is not Mick, it's Trump Cult members who are addicted to Fox propaganda and allergic to facts and logic. Debating with them is a complete waste of time because they do not understand logic, refuse to use documentaton and facts, and Donald Trump is never wrong, no matter what he says or does.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The Reason I Post So Often

Message 32 of 32

When I first joined this Forum - I was a different person - My posts were mostly sarcastic uninformed attempts to be Clever - Controversial

But I quickly learned there were some Serious Well Read Adults on the Forum who could quickly expose my posts for what they were - nonsense

So then I started to read more carefully & try to learn what the subject was about & if it interested me I would do some research - source the location of the support for my comments etc.

Then what started happening was I was criticized for long wordy uninteresting novels that no one would read - a few even today criticize me for posting too many words

So again I started reading the other posts to see what was different from mine & I noticed the posts that got the most attention were the ones that included one-liners - pictures - cartoons - etc

So I adjusted once more - if there was a Topic that I was seriously interested in - I posted several one paragraph posts albeit possbly similar and/or closely related

That seemed to have satisified most of the Critics for awhile - but now the Gripes have started up again

Too many posts - too many posts that are Negative about Trump etc.

So now I'm faced with another Dilemma

My instinct is to go back to fact-based posts but to fully flush out a subject requires lengthy back & forth discussion

You cannot examine the Meaning of Life with One-liners

You Also cannot honestly examine Trump with one post a day

Trump posts dozens of Tweets and is Quoted Directly on multiple subject multiple times every day 365 days a year

Because Trumps Comments are a combination of Truth - Half-truths & Blatant Lies - it's impossible to adequately cover & discuss Trump without commenting on all the Different Stuff that comes out of his mouth and the Weirdo things he does

So - @retiredtraveler just initiated a conversation on Education & I responded the way I would if I were emailing a acquaintance friend family member etc

I have every confidence this thread will just die - people on this forum do not want discussion - enlightenment - a different persepctive - all they want is to try & prove they are Right - TO WIN AT ALL COSTS & everyone else who won't support Trump or disagrees is wrong

I'm probably guilty of that at times as well

So as Trump is so fond of saying - We'll See!

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies