Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Real Reason Democrats Hate Bill Barr

Message 31 of 51

jimc91:  A general statement is easy to toss out there...  What did Barr say that was a lie?  

Since you asked....................

Attorney General William Barr doesn’t mind lying for Trump but he’s really awful at it

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/glanton/ct-met-william-barr-senate-hearing-lies-glant...

William Barr Keeps Lying About Mueller, and People Keep Trusting Him Anyway

http://nymag.com/article/2019/05/barr-lying-mueller-report-trump-russia.html

William Barr Told All the Right Lies About the Mueller Report

https://www.gq.com/story/william-barr-lies-about-the-mueller-report

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 51

Now, if a fresh observer to the Russia collusion circus only heard from Democrats, he might not know that the Mueller report had been public for weeks—sifted through and debated extensively. He certainly wouldn’t know that no criminality was uncovered. But most people heard something else. And Barr’s greatest sin had been preempting the collusion spin for the first time.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 51

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Go to your local courtroom sometime. When you hear a verdict of "not guilty", that does not mean he is exonerated or even that he is not guilty. It just means within the scope of the trial (in this case the investigation), the jurors did not find enough evidence to find him guilty. The person on trial (or Trump in this case) is "assumed innocent" since they couldn't find proof of guilt.

It's a truly binary thing. After 2+ years of investigating, Mueller found nothing that he could say Trump did wrong with respect to colluding with the Russians or fixing the election.

Is there a problem with the left's understanding of this simple concept?

There was no trial. But there was an investigation that provided plenty of evidence for Congress to consider and act upon as they see fit. Barr is acting on behalf of the president to stand in the way, i.e. obstruct, the ability of Congress to do its Constitutional duty.

Then he totally lied when he said that he didn't know what Mueller thought about his "summary." He knew exactly what Mueller thought, and had no intention of letting that cat out of the bag. However, the truth always manages to find its way into the light of day.

Is there a problem with the right's understanding of this simple concept?

There was no mention of "guilt" in the 400 page report or Barr's 4 page summary. No mention of guilt means to even the most simplistic mind NOT GUILTY!

What part of "does not exonerate" does the right not understand?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 51

@MaVolta wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Go to your local courtroom sometime. When you hear a verdict of "not guilty", that does not mean he is exonerated or even that he is not guilty. It just means within the scope of the trial (in this case the investigation), the jurors did not find enough evidence to find him guilty. The person on trial (or Trump in this case) is "assumed innocent" since they couldn't find proof of guilt.

It's a truly binary thing. After 2+ years of investigating, Mueller found nothing that he could say Trump did wrong with respect to colluding with the Russians or fixing the election.

There was no trial. But there was an investigation that provided plenty of evidence for Congress to consider and act upon as they see fit. Barr is acting on behalf of the president to stand in the way, i.e. obstruct, the ability of Congress to do its Constitutional duty.

Then he totally lied when he said that he didn't know what Mueller thought about his "summary." He knew exactly what Mueller thought, and had no intention of letting that cat out of the bag. However, the truth always manages to find its way into the light of day.

There was no mention of "guilt" in the 400 page report or Barr's 4 page summary. No mention of guilt means to even the most simplistic mind NOT GUILTY!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 51

@Epster wrote:

Ah, @jimc91 , you are still holding down the fort. Great piece, thanks for posting it.

As you know I consider this forum to be a waste of time, so have limited myself lately to Twitter, where I follow hundreds of conservative journalists and former SEALS-turned-bloggers. I gotta tell ya, it's way more fun than reading the same old, same old tired yet blustery 'opinions' of leftists here. Not to mention efficiently informative. 

Anyway that's my 192,355th attempt at getting you to see the light. :Smiley Wink 

Wishing you every good gift (and continued fortitude)

Epster

Thanks @Epster  wishing you all good gifts as well!  I have been on Twitter now for a little over 3 years and concur with being able to select who to add to your news feed.  it's a lot of fun and you have a very direct line with other like minded folks.

I must admit, I miss your posts here, please don't be a stranger!  Log in and share some of the info from the Seals you follow.  BTW, My Granddaughter just shipped out on a Navy assault ship that has over 1500 Marines aboard headed for an un-named place.

Stay well!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 51
they never let the truth get in the way of their thinking it's seems.......really sad.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 51

Ah, @jimc91 , you are still holding down the fort. Great piece, thanks for posting it.

As you know I consider this forum to be a waste of time, so have limited myself lately to Twitter, where I follow hundreds of conservative journalists and former SEALS-turned-bloggers. I gotta tell ya, it's way more fun than reading the same old, same old tired yet blustery 'opinions' of leftists here. Not to mention efficiently informative. 

Anyway that's my 192,355th attempt at getting you to see the light. :Smiley Wink 

Wishing you every good gift (and continued fortitude)

Epster

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 51

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 51

@Richva wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
Barr, just like everyone else around and including his boss, is a liar. Liar liar pants on fire!! LOL!

A general statement is easy to toss out there...  What did Barr say that was a lie?  

It really seem the dimms hate Barr because he is very specific and accurate.

When the author of the report you are summarizing says "This does not exonerate the President of obstruction charges" and Barr says "This exonerates the President of obstruction charges", it pretty much shows Barr is lying. 

Don't thank me. I am happy to point out the facts.  Do you think Trump will take Barr with him when he retires to Moscow?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 51
Kudos
Views