Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Real Irony of Trump Shutting Down Government

Message 1 of 12

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The Real Irony of Trump Shutting Down Government

======================================

Nancy and Chuck are shutting down our government.

The real irony of the government shutdown, if it happens is that it need not happen if Nancy and Chuck would look out for the safety of our country and pass the bill with the 5 billion for the wall.

Someday I will explain to you how the govt works. 

i'll look forward to that day 2 - it is my understanding that the Congress controls the spending - i look forward to learning the truth

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12
MIseker posted...

========================================================

I will pass on that but thanks for your offer.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:

The real irony of the government shutdown, if it happens is that it need not happen if Nancy and Chuck would look out for the safety of our country and pass the bill with the 5 billion for the wall.

Of Course They Are................................

The Republicans have a Solid Majority in the House in fact they already passed a Spending Bill - Trump Would Not Sign It

The Republicans have a Majority in the Senate - in fact the Senate already passed a Bi-partisan Spending Bill - Trump Wouldn't Sign it

Everyone in Congress went home except the people in the Conference Committee who were cooordinated the Bills Language to conform to both the House & Senate Rules

Trump just wants to throw around his weight & make all the Congressman come back to Washington just because he can

Trump is the Road Block No Matter How You Try To Spin it

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

Mlseker,

I think the President needs to know how our government works. You and most of the other posters here , know all to well.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@n566192l wrote:

Mickstuder

Why would the President take away funding for Homeland Security, for all of us. That stupid wall is like what 10,000 miles. This just doesn't add up.

I doubt President Grabber has the slightest clue about the details. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Mickstuder

Why would the President take away funding for Homeland Security, for all of us. That stupid wall is like what 10,000 miles. This just doesn't add up.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12
he can pay for the wall himself if he wants it. NOT a priority in my opinion. Does anyone know how much housing for say homeless Vets and/or homeless Americans, $5 billion would buy? Quite a lot I am thinking.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

Senate Republicans rejected President Donald Trump's entreaties to eliminate the Senate filibuster to fund his border wall, the latest turn in a fraught battle over funding the government past Friday night's shutdown deadline.

Senators were called back to Washington Friday to vote on the House’s spending bill and its border funding, a futile effort in the face of a Democratic filibuster that will leave the government on the brink of a partial shutdown.

Trump called Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) for a White House meeting on Friday to hash it out.

Trump already thought he had a solution: urging McConnell to get rid of the filibuster to fund the border wall, even though McConnell has said repeatedly that would not happen.

“Mitch, use the Nuclear Option and get it done! Our Country is counting on you!” Trump tweeted on Friday morning.

Republicans hold 51 Senate seats and need at least nine Democrats to pass most legislation, including funds for the border wall. Yet changing the filibuster rules in the waning days of GOP unified control would offer limited short-term gain and major long-term pain whenever Democrats take over on Capitol Hill. And conservatives have historically wielded the filibuster to slow down progressive legislation.

But there are insufficient votes to change the Senate voting rules to a simple majority. Sens. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) and Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) said they won't vote for a rules change, and neither will Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.).

"I want to put a stop to this practice of the Senate breaking its rules to change its rules. I will not vote to turn the Senate into a rule-breaking institution and I hope that my colleagues will not," Alexander said in a statement.

Source - https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/21/senate-trump-wall-1072331

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors