Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
161
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

161 Views
Message 31 of 75

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Taxes are what we pay to live in a civilized State.

 

And taxes are used by authoritarian governments for control of the people and the economy via wealth redistribution.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
161
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
158
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

158 Views
Message 32 of 75

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@CS402050

Sometimes when one spends time patting themselves on the back by putting the “ignorant” “little liberals”

(your words, but not offended. A lot of those descriptions used in Online) in their place, one might want to check over their shoulder and notice a large forgotten “fact” bearing down on them. Many references to Dems not having any platform to run on...apparently voters in 2016 didn’t agree. Dems outscored repubs by almost 3 million votes...3 million. Maybe nothing basic is wrong with the platform. Seems voters liked the Dem platform better than the repub platform and trump. He won, according to the rules. But Hillary was running against trump, Comey,

putin, and the antiquated electoral college...it’s time we quit trying to appease slave states and return to a one person, one vote nation...a good platform is one where human beings

matter...A People Platform


What is the 2018 platform? So far all I have seen is "Oh how I hate Trump" and "free".


Our Country does not currently have the Luxury of Political Platforms and Discussions about who has the Best Poltical Ideology and Promises

 

There is a better than average chance - we have a Russian Agent masquerading as a US President.........................

 

Of course everyone in the Trump Cult and all the Trump Sycophants in Congress want to constantly attempt to divert attention away from another corrupt Republican President in the Whitehouse

 

There can be no Government or Politics as usual until the Truth about what Trump knew and when he knew it is exposed

 

Trump could clear all this up today - release his Tax Returns and sit down in front of a Grand Jury of his peers and answer Muellers Questions

 

The Reasons he refuses to do either are why Trump Trump Sycophants and the Trump Cult want to pretend the 2108 Midterms are just another Election and we should focus on Politics

 

We can't - our Country is under Attack from within and without and the only useful function of the Midterm Elections is to insure we have at least one House of Congress that will fulfill their Constitutional Obligation of Oversight

 

 


O.K. Since WE Do not Have the Luxury of Political Platforms and Discussions about who has the Best Poltical Ideology and Promises - What DO the democrats Have to Offer other THAN "Oh how we hate Trump" and "free"?

 

And then it goes down hill to the President being a Russian agent. In other words, "Vote for us, we ain't Trump".

 

 


Well as a Student of History.....................this approach seems to have worked remakably well with the 35% of Americans who claim they are in the Trump Base............................

"Vote for us, we ain't Trump" seems a strange rallying cry for Trump supporters - but, if you say so.

 

Several News Media have tallied the most frequent Cliches used by Trump at his Rallies with his base during the Campaign -

 

One of the most frequently used

 

"What do you have to lose?" Trump asked again and again.

I don't suppose you have an address where that "most frequent" claim can be verified? That was a reasonable comment to the black community - the Dems have owned them for a long time and things really haven't improved.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


Maybe you should check the polls this week - Trump Supporters seem to be losing some of their Enthusiasm - especially those that depend on Farming and Steel for their income - just like if Trumps fire sale plea to the Black Community was actually purchased by any Blacks - I'm sure they now have more in common with the Political Opinions of Lebron James & Ocasio Cortez then Trump and a plea from Socialists of - hey what have you got to lose - to all those who voted for Trump previously might get some traction

 

 Your claim was about cliches, not current polling.

 

Black employment is up. Do you suppose people with a new job will be more interested in that or millionaire athletes show-boating?

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
158
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
157
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

157 Views
Message 33 of 75

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@CS402050

Sometimes when one spends time patting themselves on the back by putting the “ignorant” “little liberals”

(your words, but not offended. A lot of those descriptions used in Online) in their place, one might want to check over their shoulder and notice a large forgotten “fact” bearing down on them. Many references to Dems not having any platform to run on...apparently voters in 2016 didn’t agree. Dems outscored repubs by almost 3 million votes...3 million. Maybe nothing basic is wrong with the platform. Seems voters liked the Dem platform better than the repub platform and trump. He won, according to the rules. But Hillary was running against trump, Comey,

putin, and the antiquated electoral college...it’s time we quit trying to appease slave states and return to a one person, one vote nation...a good platform is one where human beings

matter...A People Platform


What is the 2018 platform? So far all I have seen is "Oh how I hate Trump" and "free".


Since when did a party put forth a platform in an off-year (non-presidential) election?


The mid-terms are coming - also known as the drying up blue trickle.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
157
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
154
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

154 Views
Message 34 of 75

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

"No platform"?  Wow, I guess Trump is not the only Republican who cannot read. 

 

I do a fair amount of door to door canvassing for the Democrats and have a tough time telling folks about the party platform because all they want to talk about is what a moron Trump is.  Maybe that is where you get the idea there is no platform. 



@Richva wrote:

"No platform"?  Wow, I guess Trump is not the only Republican who cannot read. 

 

I do a fair amount of door to door canvassing for the Democrats and have a tough time telling folks about the party platform because all they want to talk about is what a moron Trump is.  Maybe that is where you get the idea there is no platform. 


A classical reaction of dems. No one, not even one of their own can present an agenda to those blinded by hate. All they are interested in, is to spew their vitriol for the President. I'm sure you were frustrated by their closed minds. 

If I were you, I would consider moving to another neighborhood, inhabited by conservatives, they at least would have the courtesy to hear you out.


When you have a Traitor in the Whitehouse - every American should be committed to the same Agenda 

 

Flip at least one house of Congess so the Actions of the Traitor can be exposed - that's the job of the US House - Oversight - they aren't doing the job they were elected to do - they aren't honoring the oath of office they swore

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
154
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
167
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

167 Views
Message 35 of 75

gordy

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
167
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
166
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

166 Views
Message 36 of 75

Taxes are what we pay to live in a civilized State.

 

Republicans believe "civilization" should NOT include things like clean drinking water, safe streets, health care and affordable education. They reject what every other nation has because it would require the rich to pay taxes commensorate with the benefits they receive from the Nation. They seek a return to the 1780's.

 

Democrats want all those things for Americans and much more - world class infrastructure, safe food, a living wage for all who work, truely equal justice under the law, affordable health care and a secure retirement after a lifetime of work. They know we can have these things because until Reagan's taxscam WE HAD THEM.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
166
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
156
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

156 Views
Message 37 of 75
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
156
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
151
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

151 Views
Message 38 of 75

@Richva wrote:

"No platform"?  Wow, I guess Trump is not the only Republican who cannot read. 

 

I do a fair amount of door to door canvassing for the Democrats and have a tough time telling folks about the party platform because all they want to talk about is what a moron Trump is.  Maybe that is where you get the idea there is no platform. 



@Richva wrote:

"No platform"?  Wow, I guess Trump is not the only Republican who cannot read. 

 

I do a fair amount of door to door canvassing for the Democrats and have a tough time telling folks about the party platform because all they want to talk about is what a moron Trump is.  Maybe that is where you get the idea there is no platform. 


A classical reaction of dems. No one, not even one of their own can present an agenda to those blinded by hate. All they are interested in, is to spew their vitriol for the President. I'm sure you were frustrated by their closed minds. 

If I were you, I would consider moving to another neighborhood, inhabited by conservatives, they at least would have the courtesy to hear you out.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
151
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
151
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

151 Views
Message 39 of 75

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@CS402050

Sometimes when one spends time patting themselves on the back by putting the “ignorant” “little liberals”

(your words, but not offended. A lot of those descriptions used in Online) in their place, one might want to check over their shoulder and notice a large forgotten “fact” bearing down on them. Many references to Dems not having any platform to run on...apparently voters in 2016 didn’t agree. Dems outscored repubs by almost 3 million votes...3 million. Maybe nothing basic is wrong with the platform. Seems voters liked the Dem platform better than the repub platform and trump. He won, according to the rules. But Hillary was running against trump, Comey,

putin, and the antiquated electoral college...it’s time we quit trying to appease slave states and return to a one person, one vote nation...a good platform is one where human beings

matter...A People Platform


What is the 2018 platform? So far all I have seen is "Oh how I hate Trump" and "free".


Our Country does not currently have the Luxury of Political Platforms and Discussions about who has the Best Poltical Ideology and Promises

 

There is a better than average chance - we have a Russian Agent masquerading as a US President.........................

 

Of course everyone in the Trump Cult and all the Trump Sycophants in Congress want to constantly attempt to divert attention away from another corrupt Republican President in the Whitehouse

 

There can be no Government or Politics as usual until the Truth about what Trump knew and when he knew it is exposed

 

Trump could clear all this up today - release his Tax Returns and sit down in front of a Grand Jury of his peers and answer Muellers Questions

 

The Reasons he refuses to do either are why Trump Trump Sycophants and the Trump Cult want to pretend the 2108 Midterms are just another Election and we should focus on Politics

 

We can't - our Country is under Attack from within and without and the only useful function of the Midterm Elections is to insure we have at least one House of Congress that will fulfill their Constitutional Obligation of Oversight

 

 


O.K. Since WE Do not Have the Luxury of Political Platforms and Discussions about who has the Best Poltical Ideology and Promises - What DO the democrats Have to Offer other THAN "Oh how we hate Trump" and "free"?

 

And then it goes down hill to the President being a Russian agent. In other words, "Vote for us, we ain't Trump".

 

 


Well as a Student of History.....................this approach seems to have worked remakably well with the 35% of Americans who claim they are in the Trump Base............................

"Vote for us, we ain't Trump" seems a strange rallying cry for Trump supporters - but, if you say so.

 

Several News Media have tallied the most frequent Cliches used by Trump at his Rallies with his base during the Campaign -

 

One of the most frequently used

 

"What do you have to lose?" Trump asked again and again.

I don't suppose you have an address where that "most frequent" claim can be verified? That was a reasonable comment to the black community - the Dems have owned them for a long time and things really haven't improved.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 


Maybe you should check the polls this week - Trump Supporters seem to be losing some of their Enthusiasm - especially those that depend on Farming and Steel for their income - just like if Trumps fire sale plea to the Black Community was actually purchased by any Blacks - I'm sure they now have more in common with the Political Opinions of Lebron James & Ocasio Cortez then Trump and a plea from Socialists of - hey what have you got to lose - to all those who voted for Trump previously might get some traction

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
151
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
157
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

157 Views
Message 40 of 75

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@CS402050

Sometimes when one spends time patting themselves on the back by putting the “ignorant” “little liberals”

(your words, but not offended. A lot of those descriptions used in Online) in their place, one might want to check over their shoulder and notice a large forgotten “fact” bearing down on them. Many references to Dems not having any platform to run on...apparently voters in 2016 didn’t agree. Dems outscored repubs by almost 3 million votes...3 million. Maybe nothing basic is wrong with the platform. Seems voters liked the Dem platform better than the repub platform and trump. He won, according to the rules. But Hillary was running against trump, Comey,

putin, and the antiquated electoral college...it’s time we quit trying to appease slave states and return to a one person, one vote nation...a good platform is one where human beings

matter...A People Platform


What is the 2018 platform? So far all I have seen is "Oh how I hate Trump" and "free".


Since when did a party put forth a platform in an off-year (non-presidential) election?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
157
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors