From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Problem facing Democrats

Message 21 of 75

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Since those on the right are so worried about the Democratic platform for 2018, where is the Republican platform?

It is clearly articulated on a regular basis by President Trump.

Well I'm in big trouble.  My voter ID doesn't have my picture on it so now I can't buy any more groceries.  Sad.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 75

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Since those on the right are so worried about the Democratic platform for 2018, where is the Republican platform?

That is sort of difficult, due to the fact that he changes his mind on everything  every single day. So I guess that we have to wait how he wakes up in the morning

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 75

@Snoopy48 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 75

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 75

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Olderscout66

Thank you for the great list of platform issues. trump supporters do not think that the

trump opposition has any brains or can compose a logical, rational list of why we believe in citizens and how to maintain the country that we live in, all the while trump is berating citizens and destroying our country. 

@rk9152

You have used hearing “free”. I presume you are referring to those who are presumed to take advantage of the “system”. 

Perhaps you might want to check with trump and ask about the new 

“free” program for the wealthy greedy “freeloaders” who may be getting another 100 billion in tax breaks, after they just picked the pockets of the middle class with tax cuts. And the middle class trump supporters are like the orphans asking “may I have another sir”?

Discuss free?

They would probably never think about how many hungry kids and people that could be feed with that amount of money, or to them just another chunk of deficit to add, at our kids’ expense. 

There is a distinct difference between keeping one's own property and having the government redistribute one's property. You are mixing the two.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 75

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Taxes are what we pay to live in a civilized State.

And taxes are used by authoritarian governments for control of the people and the economy via wealth redistribution.

Yes, I have been reading about how free market economists consider tariffs to be taxes and of the most unfair sort as they simply target the sources of the goods or services while the impacts in terms of higher prices spread throughout our own economy.  Highly ineffective as a deterrent. Especially so if the moron has no idea what he is asking for. 

I fully agree with those free market economists. However, we cannot overlook the fact that they exist and must be dealt with in such a way as to give our nation at least an even break.

The ideal would be the total removal of all tariffs. Until then they are a factor to be handled.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 75

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Olderscout66

Thank you for the great list of platform issues. trump supporters do not think that the

trump opposition has any brains or can compose a logical, rational list of why we believe in citizens and how to maintain the country that we live in, all the while trump is berating citizens and destroying our country. 

@rk9152

You have used hearing “free”. I presume you are referring to those who are presumed to take advantage of the “system”. 

“free” program for the wealthy greedy “freeloaders” who may be getting another 100 billion in tax breaks, after they just picked the pockets of the middle class with tax cuts. And the middle class trump supporters are like the orphans asking “may I have another sir”?

Discuss free?

They would probably never think about how many hungry kids and people that could be feed with that amount of money, or to them just another chunk of deficit to add, at our kids’ expense. 

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is studying the idea of implementing a big tax break for wealthy Americans by reducing the taxes levied on capital gains, but no decision has been made yet on whether to proceed.

Administration officials said Tuesday that Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin prefers deferring to Congress. But he does have his department studying the economic impact of such a change and the legality of proceeding without congressional approval.

The change would involve taxing capital gains — profits on investments such as stocks or real estate — after taking into account inflation, which would lower the tax bite. Capital gains taxes are currently determined by subtracting the original price of an asset from the price at which it was sold and taxing the difference without adjusting for inflation.

For example, a stock purchased in 1990 for $100,000 and sold today for $300,000 would produce a $200,000 capital gain. That amount, taxed at the top capital gains rate of 23.8 percent, would result in a tax bill of $47,600. However, if the $200,000 gain was trimmed to just $103,000 by adjusting for inflation over the past 28 years, the tax bill would be $24,514.

"There has been a great deal of interest in this provision for a long time," said a White House official who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal policy deliberations. "Treasury is currently evaluating the economic impact and whether it can be achieved without legislation."

Indexing capital gains for inflation would reduce federal revenue by about $102 billion over a decade, according to the Penn-Wharton Budget Model. The Congressional Research Service has estimated that about 90 percent of the benefits would go to the top 1 percent of households.

The New York Times and the Washington Post reported Tuesday that the proposal was under active consideration by the administration. It has long been supported by Larry Kudlow, head of the president's National Economic Council. Mnuchin, however, has signaled caution in approaching the idea.

Republicans, led by House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady, are leading an effort to extend and expand the $1.5 trillion tax cut President Donald Trump pushed through Congress last December.

Source - https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/trump-administration-considering-tax-break-capital-ga...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 75

Rk9152 spewed:

Since when did a party put forth a platform in an off-year (non-presidential) election?

The mid-terms are coming - also known as the drying up blue trickle.

Too bad the purple wave will be merging with the blue wave and the largest mid-term turnout will drown the deplorables....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 75

@Olderscout66

@rk9152

Discuss free?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 75

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Taxes are what we pay to live in a civilized State.

And taxes are used by authoritarian governments for control of the people and the economy via wealth redistribution.

Yes, I have been reading about how free market economists consider tariffs to be taxes and of the most unfair sort as they simply target the sources of the goods or services while the impacts in terms of higher prices spread throughout our own economy.  Highly ineffective as a deterrent. Especially so if the moron has no idea what he is asking for. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors