Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Political Assassination of Michael Flynn

Message 1 of 22

@alferdpacker wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

alferdpacker--Just reread my last post and feel I need to clarify--it is the blaming of the Flynn/Trump scandal as a way to obscure Benghazi by Republican that is ignorant, not your post that brings this to our attention.  Sorry if first post was less than clear.

Awww...  Gee....    Does that mean I can't be like the immature man-baby and throw a tantrum?

Shucks....  Back to goosing statues in the park....

BTW - it's instructive to note that Flynn was forced to resign (fired) from his intelligence post, resign his commission and retire unexpectedly early from the US Armed Forces - for poor performance on the job during the Obama Administration - in 2014...

#45 showed very poor vetting and judgement for using a man who had already been fired once for being a "loose cannon" who would not follow orders and stick to the plan...

That kind of questionable competence is rather typical of the majority of #45's choices, isn't it?

Yep, Trump talks of vetting the refugees but gives a free pass to anyone he wants to be a part of his administration. The only requirement is that they can lie. All Americans should be outraged.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 22

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Lets review the bidding - Our Intelligence service uncovers conversations between a private citizen and officials of the Russian Government that involve matters of National Security, namely the sanctions to try and get Russia to give up its invasion and annexation of Crimea.

Said intelligence information is made known to appropriate individuals in the Government and said individuals share the story with the media.

The person who made the illegal contact with the Russians then lies about it, becomes a trusted member of Der Trumper's Volk, and is asked to resign ONLY when his crimes are made public (up to that point, and even after, "he's a great guy") and it's the fault of the Intelligence Service and the Press????

Only in the Republibubble can such denial of reality persist. Now some GOPers are even asking to get to the bottom of Der Trumpers extensive Russian Connections, but they're gutless like all GOPers and the "investigation" will die with the ouster of Gen Flynn.

This is why it is essential to retake the House so Dems can do the investigating of The Manchild's dealings with our existential threats and known enemies.

Today, the bigot Hannity claimed the NSA broke the law tapping Hannity's phone.  What an idiot passing the idocy along to his brain-washed followers.  Flynn was in the Dominican Republic when he called the Russian Official/spy, whose phone was tapped.  He got caught and it's somebody else's fault.  Hannity & Trump are crying fowl.  Pathetic! He lied to his boss; he lied to the country; his boss lost trust in him.  Bye-bye....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 22

@BigLib wrote:

Oh my. Look at all the republicans condemning releasing illegally obtained material, and leaks to the media. We can expect their full-fledged condemnation of Julian Assange and Wikileaks in 3.... 2...

Excellent point, BigLib.  In 2010 and 2011, Trump voiced his disdain for Wikileaks; in 2016 he sang their praises for sharing Clinton's emails; now that Wikileaks is calling for Trump to release his tax returns, his disdain has made an interesting return.  Ohhhh, the hypocrisy.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 22

Alferdpacker-funny and smart is ever

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 22

@pc6063 wrote:

alferdpacker--Just reread my last post and feel I need to clarify--it is the blaming of the Flynn/Trump scandal as a way to obscure Benghazi by Republican that is ignorant, not your post that brings this to our attention.  Sorry if first post was less than clear.

Awww...  Gee....    Does that mean I can't be like the immature man-baby and throw a tantrum?

Shucks....  Back to goosing statues in the park....

BTW - it's instructive to note that Flynn was forced to resign (fired) from his intelligence post, resign his commission and retire unexpectedly early from the US Armed Forces - for poor performance on the job during the Obama Administration - in 2014...

#45 showed very poor vetting and judgement for using a man who had already been fired once for being a "loose cannon" who would not follow orders and stick to the plan...

That kind of questionable competence is rather typical of the majority of #45's choices, isn't it?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 22

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 22

alferdpacker--your post would be funny if it weren't so incredibly ignorant and sad.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 22

The latest oxyrepublican take on the Flynn/Russian spying scandal is that it's a scheme to obscure Benghazi - all supported by alt-facts...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 22

gordyfl--That's great!!  Except Flynn, nor any one in the fool's entourage, had any legal authority to be conversing with the Russians about matters of national security. Therefore, what took place DID NOT constitute CLASSIFIED INFORMATION. It, rather, constitutes treason.

Blaming anyone other than the fool and his cronies is tantamount to saying murder is ok if you don't get caught. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 22

If there was a "political assassination" of Michael Flynn, it more likely came from within, not without. There have been a parade of R's from the Senate and House going on TV and acting as though the firing of Flynn is now the end of the story, and it's time to "move on" and get to their agenda (you know, destroy Obamacare, gut regulations, give big tax cuts to rich people, the important stuff).

While some agree that the Senate Intelligence Committee should and will look into the matter, they are quite obvious in not getting hung up on this "unfortunate" incident. They are hoping that the firing of Flynn will be the end of it. In truth, it's probably the tip of the iceberg. A lot of R's just don't want to go there. Facts are sometimes hard to deal with, IMO.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors