Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The New York Times Anonymous Op-ed Pushes Electoral Sabotage

Message 1 of 18

General Kelly never had anyone speak like that to him as Trump did. Well, that just proves that he was never a Private. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18

@gordyfl wrote:

Exactly. This op-ed basically says the same things contained in at least three books (Michael Wolff, Omarosa, and Bob Woodward).

I read Wolf's book and mostly came away with Trump entered the White totally unprepared which led to the chaos we witnessed.

When I read Omarosa's book, she said the same thing - he was ill-prepared. But, she took it further suggesting that Trump might be "losing it". From what I read about the Op-Ed, it basically says the same thing or that he's over his head.

Omarosa also said Trump likes controversy and chaos as long as the chaos is among his staff - and not him. He like to work one against the other. Sort of like The Apprentice.

Trump, she said, also has nicknames for everyone - mostly derogatory names. Some pretty bad. And everyone finds out sooner or later their nicknames.

But one part in Omarosa's book was memorable and I thought "telling".

Trump went balistic on General Kelly. Kelly left the room saying something like "No one has ever spoken to me like that! Never!"

trump security.jpg

I think Trump doesn't have friends in the White House (with the exception of his family members). 

IDES OF MARCH 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91:  

Whoever it is, if he really wanted the administration to “succeed,” as Anonymous claims, there was no conceivable upside to writing this op-ed. It’s just sabotage.

The Federalist Society is continuing their whine-fest because someone said mean things about Trump. *dying laughing*

Would I want this Administration to succeed, let me think about that. Would I want them to continue the policies they have instituted or the ones want to, "Bleep No."   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

The latest revelations about Trump are important and everything he does is a danger to this country whether it is done through ignorance or on purpose. I was watching one of my favorite TV shows, Madam Secretary. In one of the last scenes, they spoke about the dangers of Nationalism.  I will quote one of the most profound parts, "Nationalism does not equal patriotism. Woodrow Wilson preached isolation and his views are part of what led up to WWII. We are a powerful nation but we can not stand alone. We need our allies who have stood beside us not Putin or other dictators. Once we are all alone, then when Russia feels strong enough and has the allies they need, we will find out what kind of friends they are. In WWIII it will not just be Pearl Harbor that gets bombed. Anyone think Trump will be Moscow then? Don't set at home, go vote for the sake of our Nation. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18

CriticalThinking:   This is yet another example of Trump World living in an alternate reality where they pretend his incompetencve, non-stop lying, and insults do not exist.

Otherwise known as a blindspot. It does take a perverse sort of talent though to simply erase unpleasant things from your world.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

jimc91:  

Whoever it is, if he really wanted the administration to “succeed,” as Anonymous claims, there was no conceivable upside to writing this op-ed. It’s just sabotage.

The Federalist Society is continuing their whine-fest because someone said mean things about Trump. *dying laughing*

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

@gordyfl wrote:

Exactly. This op-ed basically says the same things contained in at least three books (Michael Wolff, Omarosa, and Bob Woodward).

I read Wolf's book and mostly came away with Trump entered the White totally unprepared which led to the chaos we witnessed.

When I read Omarosa's book, she said the same thing - he was ill-prepared. But, she took it further suggesting that Trump might be "losing it". From what I read about the Op-Ed, it basically says the same thing or that he's over his head.

Omarosa also said Trump likes controversy and chaos as long as the chaos is among his staff - and not him. He like to work one against the other. Sort of like The Apprentice.

Trump, she said, also has nicknames for everyone - mostly derogatory names. Some pretty bad. And everyone finds out sooner or later their nicknames.

Trump went balistic on General Kelly. Kelly left the room saying something like "No one has ever spoken to me like that! Never!"

trump security.jpg

I think Trump doesn't have friends in the White House (with the exception of his family members). 

@gordyfl wrote:

trump security.jpg

Are you sure they like him?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18

@umbarch64 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

An attempt to nullify the election isn't something to celebrate, even if you dislike Trump.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/09/06/new-york-times-anonymous-op-ed-pushes-electoral-sabotage/

Back with THE FEDERALIST again, I see, @jimc91.

Don't forget, folks....

This is the same media outlet that defended ROY MOORE'S dating of under-age TEENS because "it was not without merit if one wants to raise a large family".

Sickening.......

Too make things worse, its founder is an admitted plagiarizer. He had to start his own media outlet because legit media outlets won't touch plagiarizers with a TEN FOOT POLE.

@nctarheel  I see you beat me to it again nc.  Sooner or later AARP is going to start charging Jim rent for the free space he uses as a propaganda platform.  Then his real clients will have to start reimbursing him.  That would create a paper trail.  That might lead somewhere that leads somewhere, maybe even the puppet master himself.  You don't suppose Mueller has noticed do you?  Wouldn't that be fun?

How about propaganda like "Trump the Chump" - will that result in a bill also?

As to following the trail - I wonder where the bot trail leads for posters who are willingly participating in the Russian efforts to weaken us through division - and to weaken our Constitutionally elected President.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

@nctarheel wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

An attempt to nullify the election isn't something to celebrate, even if you dislike Trump.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/09/06/new-york-times-anonymous-op-ed-pushes-electoral-sabotage/

Back with THE FEDERALIST again, I see, @jimc91.

Don't forget, folks....

This is the same media outlet that defended ROY MOORE'S dating of under-age TEENS because "it was not without merit if one wants to raise a large family".

Sickening.......

Too make things worse, its founder is an admitted plagiarizer. He had to start his own media outlet because legit media outlets won't touch plagiarizers with a TEN FOOT POLE.

@nctarheel  I see you beat me to it again nc.  Sooner or later AARP is going to start charging Jim rent for the free space he uses as a propaganda platform.  Then his real clients will have to start reimbursing him.  That would create a paper trail.  That might lead somewhere that leads somewhere, maybe even the puppet master himself.  You don't suppose Mueller has noticed do you?  Wouldn't that be fun?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18

@rk9152 wrote:

How typical of the destructive way we are going in America. A perfectly valid thought was offered for discussion - "An attempt to nullify the election isn't something to celebrate, even if you dislike Trump."

It was not responded to with anything other than hatred for the President, cartoons and even the usual questioning of sources. And naturally a kudo shopping totally off topic attack on fellow posters, "Trump cultists .............. nothin' like em !!".

People - this is a "discussion board" - does no one understand the meaning of the term.

AARP - who owns and operates this site has referred to it in both TOS and GUIDELINES as "an open forum" and a "message board"  -in which people can but are not required to discuss information - the allegation that it is solely a "discussion board" is disingenuous and bogus.

In reality - most topics end up being topical argument threads and places where unvalidated political and social propaganda is falsely represented as being factual -  rather than discussions in the proper meaning and definition of the word.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs