Get the information you need to help care for your eyes at the AARP Eye Center. Visit it today!

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Most Disingenuous Attack On Bernie Yet...

Message 1 of 33
ChasKy53 I see what you are saying but I just don't see any Wall Street Supporter doing anything to help bring back the middle class and for sure if Hillary goes back to her position on TPP before she was against it then that will just take away more jobs. I totally agree about Citizens United being over turned but I just don't have any confidence that Hillary would do that, either, as she seems to be taking on some of Bernie's issues that I don't think she would be taking them on if not for him. I think if she won she would go right back to the middle and nothing would be accomplished for the middle class.

You have confidence that Hillary will be better Smiley Happy I just don't feel that way. I don't trust her and I guess what I am saying is I can't vote for a candidate I don't trust.

I do understand why a Democrat would feel like Hillary would be better than any Republican but I can also understand why others think she is mostly the same as a Republican.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 33

@CountryMe wrote:
OlderScout66 because even though we had not changed parties yet we were already disgusted with the Republicans!

CountryMe, I'm glad you switched to the Democratic Party. I support Bernie Sanders BUT ................................ it is imperative that we have a Democrat in the White House for at lest the next four years and possibly for the next eight years. I say this because over the next 4 to 8 years it is more than likely that a Supreme Court Justice or two will need replaced. We have to get one or two left leaning Justices appointed to the Supreme Court if we are ever going to overturn Citizens United. We need a more liberal Supreme Court that won't support the Corporations and the Right Wings whims.

If Bernie is not the Democratic candidate I will still vote and vote for whomever the Democratic candidate is.  We cannot afford to have a Republican President in the White house, especially with a Republican Majority in the House and Senate. With those three we can kiss the middle class goodbye, and welcome in more and more Fascist principles.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 33
OlderScout66 because even though we had not changed parties yet we were already disgusted with the Republicans! I did not vote for Gore but that is about the time we noticed the Republicans getting meaner, more extreme, and then Bail Outs that both Dems and Republicans supported we started being among voters that would sit home and not vote because we were pretty much disgusted with BOTH parties. I know becoming a Independent was a choice but we knew they never win.

As I have posted before I will call wrong regardless of which party it is in.

Then when Obama was willing to do the grand bargain which would had included cutting the already pitifully low COLA (thankfully that did not pass) we started paying attention to who was fighting for seniors and veterans (my husband is a veteran) and noticed Bernie Sanders among the few that would not compromise at all on anything that would hurt the middle class, seniors, veterans or the poor and we started liking him then so we already knew about him. We don't agree with him on everything but on enough issues that we hoped he would run for President and he is Smiley Happy so we are changing parties to vote for him even though we really had already stopped voting for Republicans it just wasn't official until now.

I am not sure if that answers your question well enough or not.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 33

@CountryMe wrote:
Olderscout66 you need to realize I was a Republican and leaving the party to vote for someone that most matches my views and that is Bernie Sanders. I am not leaving the party to vote for Hillary. I understand many wrongs in the Republican party or obviously I would not leave and vote for Bernie Sanders!

I don't like the Wall Street Supporters in the Republican Party or the hate or the greed but I also will not vote for a Wall Street Supporter in the Democratic Party.

I know I am not the most popular here because I won't share all the views of people in one party or the other. I don't like the Republicans or I would still be oneLOL I don't like Hillary, I don't like her flips, I don't trust her, and she is a Wall Street supporter and I know you and others think that she is better than any Republican and for sure you should vote for who you want to vote for but I just don't see enough difference between the two on the issues that I care the most about Smiley Happy and the issues she does say she is for that I am for because she was against them before she was for them I don't trust her! Maybe if there were issues that affected me that I believed she would be fighting for I would vote for her but that is not the case, either!

I rang doorbells for AUH20, voted for Nixon TWICE and until jrbush, LBJ was my least favorite President of all time. Thing is, the GOP I supported began to disappear with Nixon's Southern Strategy which gave power and status to the former Dixiecrats and every election since 1968, the GOP has become more dependant on the support from the lunatic fringe that Bill Buckley tried to run out of the Party back in the 60's.

Now, IMHO, the inmates have taken over the asylum and what had been an alternative view on how to make things better for all Americans has devolved into a drive to attack every institution that helped build the Middle Class - excellent and affordable public education, Social Security, Medicare, ACA, prohibitions on predatory lenders, rational usury laws, Unions - all have been, or are being, destroyed by the GOP.

Just out of curiosity, how can you support Bernie's platform and be a Republican when the GOP vehemently opposes all of Bernie's platform and is dedicated to destroying the base that Bernie is trying to build on?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 33

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Which he could survive IF the Democrats who wanted Hillary instead get out and VOTE. But Bernie's supporters need to stop thinking they will only vote if their guy gets the nomination. Enough of this "Democrats must fall in love with their candidate" - its the sure way to LOSE the White House and cede the House to the Gerrymander again in 2016.

Compare all the damage you think Hillary might do with what you must KNOW will be done with Republicans controlling the White House and the Congress. If thatdoesn't change you mind, then you haven't been listening to the Republicans.

You are exactly correct. My goal is a Democrat in the WH, and I don't want it on my conscience that it didn't happen because my person wasn't on the ballot so I stayed home. Just imagining a wrecking ball like Trump with four years gives me the willies.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 33

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Part of Country's long post..

KidBoy2 You didn't respond to what I said but you want me to respond to what you said, ok!

Do you have a crystal ball over there to know what Bernie will or won't get through Congress??

Bernie is not popular just with the young! You must be listening to much to the media and not looking at the crowds! You also must not know he has the highest approval rating of any US Sitting Senator or you would know his popularity is among older people, too!

================================================

This is what I posted..

Please read my post! I posted....

"Bernie is popular with the young as they think they are entitled to this and entitled to that. He will not get what he wants or should."

That went right over you head...it would be a good thing that you do not make up what I posted.

So you seem to hate Wall Street and Corporations.....so be it.

Again..

You are dreaming if you think Bernie or for that matter any one running can get what they want but Bernie is so far out with his free this and free that he takes first place in being unrealistic ...and that is why the uninformed love him...something for nothing works.

Do you think that if you repeatedly post something that it magically becomes true? You are the one that is dreaming.

Name the "free this and that" stuff KidBoy, or is that all you have ............ general made up inaccurate and untrue 'buzz' statements? That sure is all you offer. You take first place in being unrealistic, not Bernie.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 33

@KidBoy2 wrote:

KidBoy2 You didn't respond to what I said but you want me to respond to what you said, ok!

Do you have a crystal ball over there to know what Bernie will or won't get through Congress??

Bernie is not popular just with the young! You must be listening to much to the media and not looking at the crowds! You also must not know he has the highest approval rating of any US Sitting Senator or you would know his popularity is among older people, too!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Bernie is popular with the young as they think they are entitled to this and entitled to that. He will not get what he wants or should."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your long post about what Sanders has done does not list one bill that he introduced.

You are dreaming if you think Bernie or for that matter any one running can get what they want but Bernie is so far out with his free this and free that he takes first place in being unrealistic ...and that is why the uninformed love him...something for nothing works.

No KidBoy, you are the one that is dreaming if you think that the only way that a Congressperson can be productive or accomplish things is to actually introduce their own bill. Countryme explained very well Bernie's productivity through the amendment processes, but you ignore it. Then you make silly talk about "free this and free that", erroneously and insultingly allude that Countryme or others supporting Bernie are uninformed, and mention "something for nothing".

I challenge you to name the "free this and that" things and to name the "something for nothing" stuff you are talking about. The reason you never answer me is because I show that you know nothing by the questions that I ask you, you have no actual answers for them

You lose.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 33

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Which he could survive IF the Democrats who wanted Hillary instead get out and VOTE. But Bernie's supporters need to stop thinking they will only vote if their guy gets the nomination. Enough of this "Democrats must fall in love with their candidate" - its the sure way to LOSE the White House and cede the House to the Gerrymander again in 2016.

Compare all the damage you think Hillary might do with what you must KNOW will be done with Republicans controlling the White House and the Congress. If thatdoesn't change you mind, then you haven't been listening to the Republicans.

You have to remember that Bernie is picking up voters that would never vote for Anybody But Clinton Hillary.. she brings out alot of very strong feelings !

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 33

Bernie is not popular just with the young! You must be listening to much to the media and not looking at the crowds! You also must not know he has the highest approval rating of any US Sitting Senator or you would know his popularity is among older people, too!

================================================

This is what I posted..

That went right over you head...it would be a good thing that you do not make up what I posted.

So you seem to hate Wall Street and Corporations.....so be it.

Again..

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 33
For sure KidBoy2 something for nothing worked for Wall Street and for Corporations that don't pay taxes but get tax refunds.

I know where the Republican priorities are after all I was one for MANY years! If Bernie gets elected it would bring a lot of progressives with him that shares his same vision so don't tell me he couldn't get any of that passed!

You asked what his accomplishments were not what bills he introduced!
Kudos
Views