Boycotts, Movements and Marches: Relive Some of the Events That Led to Change During the Civil Rights Movement. Read More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The Intellectually Dishonest Conservatives

Message 21 of 31

Apparently the donald supporter or troll can't be bothered with reality, which was when the Govenor of the State declared a State of Emergency, which allowed him to legally shut down the Sat. event.

The Neo-Nazi's marching with the KKK and White Nationalist / supremists / separatists made a huge mistake on Friday night by propagating violence on the UVA campus.     

Those supporters can whine all they want - they are the gang who demand a smaller Fed and a State's right to regulate it's own affairs and then whine like a 2 year old when the State elected leader takes control of events in the State that are mired in violence.   

Possibly if the Unite the Right "leaders" were actually responsible person's then they should have realized what was happening...or they did and they somehow believed that it would have been tolerated.    He was wrong on both counts and is now in hiding....such a leader /s

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 22 of 31

rk9152 wrote:

CriticalThinking wrote:

Hey Centrist, the Trump Lovers are clueless. They see this as a battle of Left vs Right and an opportunity to defend their hero, Donald Trump who is enabling the racists. They are so wrong about the meaning of what happened in Charlottesville.

This isn't about Left vs Right and it isn't about politics. It's about those who represent hate and evil versus those who were there to defend what's great about America and our value system. Were some of the counter protesters looking for a fight? I'm sure there were some. But they were a trivial sideshow and a distraction from the real issue.

Will Americans stand up to the Hate and Bigotry of White Supremacists and Nazis? That's what Charlottesville was all about. It wasn't about Left vs Right or Republicans versus Democrats.

Hey, ct, there are no "Trump lovers" - there are just Americans who can see the use by the radical left to use a defense of "freedom of speech" to throw nonsensical attacks at out President. If anyone were to honestly look at his words they would find out that he was accurate in his comments.

President Trump is not enabling racists. He is enabling the Constitution. If you have an alternative to the Constitution, let's talk about it.

"Will Americans stand up to the Hate and Bigotry of White Supremacists and Nazis?" - of course they will, hopefully without attacking the Constitution as your heroes the antifas do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/18/us/politics/trump-charlottesville-romney.html

So it begins.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 23 of 31

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

We've all seen the right claim the horror in Charlottesville is about "freedom of speech" and not about those who espouse hate in this country.

The permit was given to march in protest of plans to "rename the park, which was previously known as Lee Park, and its plan to remove a statue of Robert E. Lee from the park".  Evidence has been provided that demonstrates the permit was requested under false pretenses.  Kesslers group, the applicant, is on video saying they we're in town to "kill these **beep** if we have to".  "We're here to show this City this is our country".  "We will clear the streets of anti-white filth forever." "We are unveiling our power level.  You haven't see anything yet". One guy threatens the police that if they, the police, don't get their guys out, he's "sending 200 guys with guns in to get them".  David Duke claims they had a federal court oder to hold THIS rally....which is a lie because no one was there protesting anything about the statue.  

They are there to protest, "the ethnic cleansing of America and the destruction of the America way of life"  Again, nothing about a statue.  

Now, did anyone witness ANY Conservative say ANYTHING about this man's "Freedom of Speech"?

Of course not!  And they supported the violence against this man.....

These people making these claims are frauds, pushing a fraudulant narrative.  They ought to be ashamed of themselves, but frankly, they don't know any better.  They hear a lying talking head like Limblah or Hannity and spew their lies and hate.  One must wonder if they even have the capapabaility of thinking for themselves.

1) The antifa people had no right to interfere with a legitimate rally.  It's intellectually dishonest to suggest there was any legitimate rally. It is intellectually dishonest to overlook the permit they had.

2) If the rally was beyond the legal conditions, that is the responsibility of the police - not antifa.  That is true.  But if you spit in my face, I'm punching you in the face; not waiting for the police. 1) Do you know who threw the first punch or spit? 2) Was antifa not there to prevent the rally? To ignore that is to practice intellectual dishonesty.

3) Then there is the usual gibberish about "Limblah", Hannity and (if I may quote) "These people making these claims are frauds, pushing a fraudulent narrative" - referring, of course, to the intellectually dishones claims of the factually deprived "United with the KKK, Right". I have no idea what you mean. Better stick to "Limblah" and Hannity. Apparently you think someone should be ashamed of themselves for something with no specifics.

Message 24 of 31

rker321 wrote:

All of this has taken a course that I will have to admit, I don't understand any of it.

This is what I see.
There was a protest by protestors that wanted the statue down and other protestors that didn't want the statue down/  Well, there's your confusion riker.  With all the press at the biggest KKK/NAZI rally in 20 years, and all the video you've seen and all the phot's you've seen, did you EVER see anything that resembled a protest about a statue?  Of course you didn't!  You heard "Jews will not replace us" and "Blood and soil" and "White Lives Matter" (just as you read here from the Alt-Right loving Conservatives....think it's a coincidence?)  Did you see ANY sign's saying anything about the Robert E. Lee statue?  Of course not!  Why not?  Because they fraudulantly claimed that's why they were protesting last week-end.  It was lie to get a permit because they weren't going to get a permit for pushing white fascism.

Here come these despicable people (KKK,White Nationalista) Same people who got the permit..... and do what they have always done best. extracate themselves in a issue, that I bet they couldn't care less, ...that's where you are wrong.....the statue issue was never an issue, it was the fraudulant excuse to obtain a legal permit.....which the needed......and that the only thing that they wanted was fo promote violence and disturbances. and incite groups against each other. and take advantage of the whole situation.  In that, you are correct.

So far correct me if I am wrong  check.....

a question.Where those people given a permit to protest? What people?  The KKK/Nazi's/White Supremacists/Alt-Right?  Those people?  Yes.  if they did have one, why?  So they could claim they gathered legally.  Why would anyone attend a peaceful protest with automatic weapons and other loaded weapons, body armor and torches?  Does that pass the Common Sense test to you?  Of course not.

These are people that in my view don't have the right of free speech, no matter what the Constitution states.  Well, you're mistaken.....you live in the US now, remember?

These individuals should be treated as people that constantly, in one way or another don't have any respect for laws, and only want to see destruction, hatred and division.

Therefore they should be treated accordingly.  That's not how it works in a free society.

I am seeing tha the whole discussion is now taking turn that I don't even think that it  was there in the first place.  That's because you read the lies and intellectual dishonesty posted here by the far right-wing extremists, a.k.a. the Alt-Right.

So,  because of these events, we must now come back and deal with this issue after 100 years, and resolve it ,once and for all.  That's the problem when some have their heads in the sand, rker.....you don't pay attention.....minorities deal with this every day.  It's often posted here in various threads and you often attack the poster, whether it's a topic about BLM, excessive police violence, etc.  This issue hasn't "just come back" as you claim.....it's been here all along.

All statues, memorabilia,flags, books acessories anything regarding the Civil War should perhaps from now on, be housed, in a Museum of History that will contain everything regarding this period of history.  I honor your awakening....just like another poster in another thread.

and by the way, see that the History books, those books that actually teach children American history, also contain the black history that  has never been really known and incorporated it,as one.  Ever watch the movie, The Color Purple?

So that the children in the future learn, what really happened during that period and not the sanitazed version that we have always seen.  Hear, hear.

Would that be something to consider?  Of course, why would any reasonable person suggest otherwise.  The sad part is someone feels it's necessary to ask...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.

Message 25 of 31

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

We've all seen the right claim the horror in Charlottesville is about "freedom of speech" and not about those who espouse hate in this country.

The permit was given to march in protest of plans to "rename the park, which was previously known as Lee Park, and its plan to remove a statue of Robert E. Lee from the park".  Evidence has been provided that demonstrates the permit was requested under false pretenses.  Kesslers group, the applicant, is on video saying they we're in town to "kill these **beep** if we have to".  "We're here to show this City this is our country".  "We will clear the streets of anti-white filth forever." "We are unveiling our power level.  You haven't see anything yet". One guy threatens the police that if they, the police, don't get their guys out, he's "sending 200 guys with guns in to get them".  David Duke claims they had a federal court oder to hold THIS rally....which is a lie because no one was there protesting anything about the statue.  

They are there to protest, "the ethnic cleansing of America and the destruction of the America way of life"  Again, nothing about a statue.  

Now, did anyone witness ANY Conservative say ANYTHING about this man's "Freedom of Speech"?

These people making these claims are frauds, pushing a fraudulant narrative.  They ought to be ashamed of themselves, but frankly, they don't know any better.  They hear a lying talking head like Limblah or Hannity and spew their lies and hate.  One must wonder if they even have the capapabaility of thinking for themselves.

1) The antifa people had no right to interfere with a legitimate rally.  It's intellectually dishonest to suggest there was any legitimate rally.

2) If the rally was beyond the legal conditions, that is the responsibility of the police - not antifa.  That is true.  But if you spit in my face, I'm punching you in the face; not waiting for the police.

3) Then there is the usual gibberish about "Limblah", Hannity and (if I may quote) "These people making these claims are frauds, pushing a fraudulent narrative" - referring, of course, to the intellectually dishones claims of the factually deprived "United with the KKK, Right".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 26 of 31

CriticalThinking wrote:

Hey Centrist, the Trump Lovers are clueless. They see this as a battle of Left vs Right and an opportunity to defend their hero, Donald Trump who is enabling the racists. They are so wrong about the meaning of what happened in Charlottesville.

This isn't about Left vs Right and it isn't about politics. It's about those who represent hate and evil versus those who were there to defend what's great about America and our value system. Were some of the counter protesters looking for a fight? I'm sure there were some. But they were a trivial sideshow and a distraction from the real issue.

Will Americans stand up to the Hate and Bigotry of White Supremacists and Nazis? That's what Charlottesville was all about. It wasn't about Left vs Right or Republicans versus Democrats.

Hey, ct, there are no "Trump lovers" - there are just Americans who can see the use by the radical left to use a defense of "freedom of speech" to throw nonsensical attacks at out President. If anyone were to honestly look at his words they would find out that he was accurate in his comments.

President Trump is not enabling racists. He is enabling the Constitution. If you have an alternative to the Constitution, let's talk about it.

"Will Americans stand up to the Hate and Bigotry of White Supremacists and Nazis?" - of course they will, hopefully without attacking the Constitution as your heroes the antifas do.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 27 of 31

Centristsin2010 wrote:

1) The antifa people had no right to interfere with a legitimate rally.

2) If the rally was beyond the legal conditions, that is the responsibility of the police - not antifa.

3) Then there is the usual gibberish about "Limblah", Hannity and (if I may quote) "These people making these claims are frauds, pushing a fraudulent narrative" - referring, of course, to the Dems and their keepers in the MSM.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 28 of 31

All of this has taken a course that I will have to admit, I don't understand any of it.

This is what I see.
There was a protest by protestors that wanted the statue down and other protestors that didn't want the statue down/
Here come these despicable people (KKK,White Nationalista)  and do what they have always done best. extracate themselves in a issue, that I bet they couldn't care less, and that the only thing that they wanted was fo promote violence and disturbances. and incite groups against each other. and take advantage of the whole situation.

So far correct me if I am wrong
a question.Where those people given a permit to protest? if they did have one, why?
These are people that in my view don't have the right of free speech, no matter what the Constitution states.

These individuals should be treated as people that constantly, in one way or another don't have any respect for laws, and only want to see destruction, hatred and division.

Therefore they should be treated accordingly.

I am seeing tha the whole discussion is now taking turn that I don't even think that it  was there in the first place.
So,  because of these events, we must now come back and deal with this issue after 100 years, and resolve it ,once and for all.

All statues, memorabilia,flags, books acessories anything regarding the Civil War should perhaps from now on, be housed, in a Museum of History that will contain everything regarding this period of history.
and by the way, see that the History books, those books that actually teach children American history, also contain the black history that  has never been really known and incorporated it,as one.
So that the children in the future learn, what really happened during that period and not the sanitazed version that we have always seen.
Would that be something to consider?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 31

Centristsin2010 wrote:

We've all see the right claim the horror in Charlottesville is about "freedom of speech" and not about those who espouse hate in this country.

The false claims by the KKK, NeoNazi, White Separatists / nationalist / supremist need to be shared widely.    Meanwhile those here may just bury their heads in the sand for a while, hoping that this video dies a quick / quiet death.    Not on my watch!    Thanks Cent.

Trusted Social Butterfly

The Intellectually Dishonest Conservatives

Message 30 of 31