Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The House unveils two articles of impeachment against Trump.

Message 11 of 94

Thank God for The Founders...  We are a nation of laws with a Constitution and Bill of Rights.  

Remember this one?

Fourth Amendment Primary tabs

Overview I. INTERESTS PROTECTED

The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution provides that "[t]he right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

The ultimate goal of this provision is to protect people’s right to privacy and freedom from unreasonable intrusions by the government. However, the Fourth Amendment does not guarantee protection from all searches and seizures, but only those done by the government and deemed unreasonable under the law.

To claim violation of Fourth Amendment as the basis for suppressing a relevant evidence, the court had long required that the claimant must prove that he himself was the victim of an invasion of privacy to have a valid standing to claim protection under the Fourth Amendment.

However, the Supreme Court has departed from such requirement, issue of exclusion is to be determined solely upon a resolution of the substantive question whether the claimant's Fourth Amendment rights have been violated, which in turn requires that the claimant demonstrates a justifiable expectation of privacy, which was arbitrarily violated by the government.

In general, most warrantless searches of private premises are prohibited under the Fourth Amendment, unless specific exception applies. For instance, a warrantless search may be lawful, if an officer has asked and is given consent to search; if the search is incident to a lawful arrest; if there is probable cause to search and there is exigent circumstance calling for the warrantless search. Exigent circumstances exist in situations where a situation where people are in imminent danger, where evidence faces imminent destruction, or prior to a suspect's imminent escape.

On the other hand, warrantless search and seizure of properties are not illegal, if the objects being searched are in plain view. Further, warrantless seizure of abandoned property, or of properties on an open field do not violate Fourth Amendment, because it is considered that having expectation of privacy right to an abandoned property or to properties on an open field is not reasonable.

However, in some states, there are some exception to this limitation, where some state authorities have granted protection to open fields. States can always establish higher standards for searches and seizures protection than what is required by the Fourth Amendment, but states cannot allow conducts that violate the Fourth Amendment.

Where there was a violation of one’s fourth amendment rights by federal officials, A bivens action can be filed against federal law enforcement officials for damages, resulting from an unlawful search and seizure. Under the Bivens action, the claimant needs to prove that there has been a constitutional violation of the fourth amendment rights by federal officials acting under the color of law.

However, the protection under the Fourth Amendment can be waived if one voluntarily consentsto or does not object to evidence collected during a warrantless search or seizure.

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 94

@jimc91 wrote:

@JANMB wrote:

jimc91  -    
Special counsel Robert Mueller SAID    : ‘If we had had confidence that’ President Trump ‘clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.    ’Robert Mueller Does Not Absolve Donald Trump of 'Collusion ... 

You make an excellent point concerning "Due Process" and the Constitution that governs our great nation.  

We ALL enjoy the protections outlined in the 6th Amendment of our Bill of Rights.  

The 6th Amendment in the American Constitution guarantees an individual the right to a fair, speedy, and public trial. ... They establish the “innocent until proven guilty” mantra that is present in the United States legal system.  No person is above the law and equally no person is BELOW the LAW and the protections offered in the 6TH Amendment.

I like to refer to it as the "Presumption of Innocence".  That concept was completely absent in the Mueller Probe and is also absent today in the House Impeachment sham.

Wrong again. The Muller investigation was the same as when the police charge someone with breaking the law. The police and the DA investigate the crime. They can use a grand jury to do the legal charging. There is no defence presented, and the persons lawyer is not present to do anything. They then draw up the charge sheet which goes to court for trial and then what you talk about takes place. The Muller probe was like a grand jury and the Muller report the charge sheet sent to the Justice Dept. who should have sent it to the house for action since by JD rule they can not take the President to court for trial. Muller laid out at least 10 cases Trump should have been tried for either by the House or a Court after he left office. Trumps lackey Barr refused to do anything so Barr broke the law and should be impeached for that.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 94

@JANMB wrote:

jimc91  -    
Special counsel Robert Mueller SAID    : ‘If we had had confidence that’ President Trump ‘clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.    ’Robert Mueller Does Not Absolve Donald Trump of 'Collusion ... 

You make an excellent point concerning "Due Process" and the Constitution that governs our great nation.  

We ALL enjoy the protections outlined in the 6th Amendment of our Bill of Rights.  

The 6th Amendment in the American Constitution guarantees an individual the right to a fair, speedy, and public trial. ... They establish the “innocent until proven guilty” mantra that is present in the United States legal system.  No person is above the law and equally no person is BELOW the LAW and the protections offered in the 6TH Amendment.

I like to refer to it as the "Presumption of Innocence".  That concept was completely absent in the Mueller Probe and is also absent today in the House Impeachment sham.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 94

jimc91  -    

NO one has TRIED to undo the election.. IF ONLY WE COULD  !!!    

I don't know WHY as a VET you support T RUMP  who the Pentagon is saying is   placing US troops in danger. ..is openly defying the advice of military leaders.      T RUMP who wanted to take $$ away from VETERANS to give to the stupid WALL.     Why you support T RUMP  trashed a gold-star family.  ?      Maybe you just want to give this group a different perspective which is of the right wing cause otherwise I cannot figure you out. ...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The House unveils two articles of impeachment against Trump.

Message 15 of 94

In Trump World they never hold their Supreme Leader accountable for anything negative. They no longer put America first. The only thing which matters to them is protecting Trump, even if it means pushing a Russian Misinformation Campaign against America.

Those who read the report know and undersand they FBI investigation was legitimate. It was started to protect America's national security. And the Obama Administration did NOT spy on the Trump campaign!

By the way, how many members of the Trump Administration/Campaign were or are convicted FELONS? Isn't it amazing how Trump Cult members ignore everything negative about Trump and his administration?

If you wants facts or the truth, you will never find it in the Alternate Reality of Trump World.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 94

Abuse of Power...  

After reading the Horowitz IG Report it is now clear that the abuse of power accusation should be aimed at the rogue bad actors at the top of the Obama Administration's FBI Leadership.  

The Inspector General uncovered evidence that suggests the Mueller Investigation should have never even taken place.  Not only did Mueller not find any evidence of Russian conclusion (its intended mission) it put the entire country through hell for over two years.  

When the dimms took over control of the House they did nothing for the past two years except try to undo the 2016 election.  I

look forward to the William Durham Criminal Investigation to conclude with indictments for the bad actors.  

What did President Obama know and when did he know it?  Should be very revealing!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 94

@jimc91 wrote:

@LouD17624 wrote:

@Underbat wrote:

Hello EVERYONE,

Whilst we welcome robust debate, we ask that everyone abides by the guidelines.

Please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Look someone was scolded and it wasn't me. My feelings are hurt!

On the bright, the censors did remove a bunch of my posts because, apparently, I'm the one dealing in hate speech. That's okay. Posts are only good for a day or 2. Remove anything you like with my blessing. Big Kiss!

@LouD17624  & @Underbat , Maybe the Moderators could give a written definition of "Hate Speech".  I have looked at the TOS and it is not listed or described.  

Thanks in advance for your help in better understanding this issue.

Just my opinion, but I believe that when anyone posts a "hateful or incendiary comment" they are full well aware of what they are doing. Wouldn't you agree?

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 94

@LouD17624 wrote:

@Underbat wrote:

Hello EVERYONE,

Please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

On the bright, the censors did remove a bunch of my posts because, apparently, I'm the one dealing in hate speech. That's okay. Posts are only good for a day or 2. Remove anything you like with my blessing. Big Kiss!

@LouD17624  & @Underbat , Maybe the Moderators could give a written definition of "Hate Speech".  I have looked at the TOS and it is not listed or described.  

Thanks in advance for your help in better understanding this issue.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 94

@Underbat wrote:

Hello EVERYONE,

"The buck stops here." Harry S Truman
"I don't take responsibility at all." Donald J. Trump
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 94

Hello EVERYONE,

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors