Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
568
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

568 Views
Message 81 of 209

@mandm84 wrote:

Greed on Steroids and how they sleep at night is beyond me , as they watch our struggling Senior's and Disabled fall further behind !!!


The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act also helps the disabled young adults by enhancing the ABLE Act -  The Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act was signed into law a few years ago enabling some disabled people to work if they can and save without reducing government benefits.  Provisions in the new law enhances the immensely popular ABLE Act by allowing disabled Americans the opportunity to work and save more money tax-free, without losing their needed benefits. They will also allow for savings in 529 college savings plans to be rolled over into ABLE accounts tax-free if an individual becomes disabled after a family has already started saving for college.

 

 


* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
568
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
572
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

572 Views
Message 82 of 209

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Stupid people don't want a tax cut.  Can you prove that?  Of course you can't.  You have zero facts to support your hate-filled posts.  

How the radical left distorts truth. You are the master bait (er) with your left wing posts.  I've never been impressed when simple minded people think that if you disagree with their view, you must have the exact opposite of them.  Not what I call very bright.

Smart people elected Trump while stupid people voted for Hillary.  Again, any facts?  Of course not.  Just simple mutterings from an extremist.

Just my opinion versus your radical extremist opinion.  Really?  What opinion do I hold that an intelligent person would call "extremist"?  Or is it just more of your usual hateful rhetoric/bait?  

 

Most Americans will save money under the tax bill that the Senate passed Tuesday night and the House passed Wednesday. The size of that benefit varies, but 80 percent of households will see some benefit in 2018.  I'd never vote for someone that downgrades this country for a few extra bucks in my pocket and it's pathetic to think those who would actually consider themselves Americans.  What a pathetic lot.  Nothing more than prostitutes!

 

The left just strives for an excuse to add more government programs Just more right-wing extremist garbage.  Are you gonna claim you heard that on CBS?  LMAO.  What a fraud!  and do their utmost to have others pay for them. What a bunch of cheapskates.  Or, maybe even more Christian like than those who wear their religion as if it's a badge of honor.

I'm sure you and the rest of your liberals would much rather be wasting more money on government programs and raising taxes.

 

Well Jim, somebody will need to clean up the mess you and other short-sighted Conservatives leave behind.  How you gonna pay for the infra-structure needs of the country??

 

Looks to me like Conservatives want the entire country to look like Missippi and Alabama.....and the other worst states in the country in which to live.

 

America’s worst states to live in 2017

I see you chose a radical left wing source AGAIN.

 

Only a far-right extremist would suggest CNBC is a "left-wing" source.  How lame.  But I'll play your game.  Try US News....

 

The same states are ranked at the bottom, AGAIN.....

 

https://www.usnews.com/news/best & Worst States

 

It's stunning how Conservatives live in denial.....

 

It's stunning they don't get the connection.

 

Oh, btw.....so how did you "suffer"?

 

So how did you "suffer", NOT?  Just more lies?

 

I was suffering as you will do for the next 8 years!

 

Again, you avoid the very simple question, NOT.  Why is that?  Because it's ANOTHER lie?  How did you suffer?  Was it because your President was black?

The bill is unpopular because some people are just stupid.  Of course!  It's how trump got elected.  Stupid people elected him.

 


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
572
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
565
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

565 Views
Message 83 of 209

Greed on Steroids and how they sleep at night is beyond me , as they watch our struggling Senior's and Disabled fall further behind !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
565
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
564
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

564 Views
Message 84 of 209

    Now we know why Donald signed the Tax Bill earlier than planned.    

In a new report, the committee said that the bill is not close to being deficit-neutral, despite the Trump administration’s and Republican leadership’s claims that the tax cuts in the legislation would completely pay for themselves.

After accounting for macroeconomic effects, the committee estimated that the bill will decrease federal revenue by $1.07 trillion over 10 years, a decrease from the $1.46 trillion price tag the committee initially put on the tax measure.

The committee’s new findings echoed its analysis published last month, only hours before the Senate tax bill vote.

 

     Those of you here that are living close to edge - you have just received a huge push to go over the edge courtesy of Donald and his regime.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
564
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
580
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

580 Views
Message 85 of 209

People SUFFERED while unemployment FELL from over 10% to under 5%?

 

People SUFFERED while the death toll in Iraq and Afghanistan went from 100/month to 100/YEAR?

 

People SUFFERED while the stock market went from 6000 to 15,000?

 

People SUFFERED because OBL died and GM lives?

 

People SUFFERED when 34 MILLION more Americans got health insurance?

 

People SUFFERED when the increase in their health care slowed to the lowest rate in 20 years?

 

Guess the suffereing had nothing to do with personal finances, jobs, War, or health care. That leaves the indignity of having a Black guy in the WhiteHouse - the greatest pain a GOPers has encountered since there was a CATHOLIC in the White House. Yet they insist they're NOT racist. Delusional at best.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
580
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
578
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

578 Views
Message 86 of 209

@sp362 wrote:

 

 

Who's right? We'll have to wait and see. It's a done deal so live with it just as I suffered for eight years with Obama.


Yes, all economics are opinion.  However good economists will look at past results to "predict" the future.  Have you have heard "those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it"? Or, "the best predictor of future performance is past behavior"? 

 

Take a look at how "successful" Supply Side has been in the past in increasing economic performance.  Why would it be radically different this time?  Take a look at the wealth disparity numbers before and after the depression.  Does that mean anything to you?  Anybody can justify any program by simply claiming unreasonable growth numbers.  Why don't we just factor for 100% growth and our debt will be reduced very quickly.

 

Also, after looking closer at Chantrill's charts, I do believe he created them BEFORE the new tax laws.  Anybody can compile "statistics" to try and prove anything they want.  Nowhere on his site does Chantrill list any qualifications for why he should be believed any more than you or I.


History is indeed our best teacher. Supply side economics simply don't work and history clearly proves it. Insanity is thinking that we can do the same thing with different results.  Are the Congressional Republicans insane and think that supply side economics will work now? No, of course not, they know it won't. They simply place pleasing the wealthiest (those who fill the money trough for them) over the welfare of the majority of Americans.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
578
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
580
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

580 Views
Message 87 of 209

When LBJ cut the top rate from 91% to 70% (23%) he also cut the BOTTOM rate from 20% to 14% (30%).  It was the increased disposable income AT THE BOTTOM that boosted the economy.

 

When Reagan slashed the top rate from 70% down to 28% (60%), he INCREASED taxes on the average American by nearly 50% (from effective rate of 9.9% to 13.6%), so instead of growth, we got the Reagan Recession AND a tripling of the National Debt AND the greatest redistribution of wealth from the middle to the very top in all of human history.

 

Simple FACT: When you satisfy all your needs and wants with a fraction of your after tax income (in America it's 30% of income so the 1% invests 70% every year), giving you MORE simply increases your wealth - investments in existing stocks, bonds realestate and jewelry. Nobody getting the extra money has any interest in "creating new jobs" because they have EVERYTHING they want already.

 

The ones who might want to create jobs are the ones who haven't gotten to that sublime possition just yet, but by making derivatives legal, Republicans have eliminated all incentives for actually starting and building a new business - shuffling paper is MUCH easier, so that's where the money flows - into paper scams.

 

Hey, it took Jean Paul Getty a LIFETIME to amass $3 Billion building Getty Oil with it's 30,000 employees, BUT a derivatives trader in 2006 made $6 Billion IN A SINGLE YEAR, and there's not a single new job anywhere because of it. Where did the $6 Billion come from? Well, he couldn't just print it, Ft Knox wasn't burgled, no billionaires lost their shirts soooo I guess that leaves THE MIDDLE CLASS - poor schlups who thought they could make money in the Stock Market, just like GOPers claim will happen if YOU just give Wall Street your money.

 

That's what happens when Republicans claim to cut YOUR taxes - they let the 1% pick your pockets instead, and their dupes are too dense to do the math.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
580
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
554
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

554 Views
Message 88 of 209

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@williamb39198–You are getting to know the Repugnant—I mean Republican party.  But—and I may be wrong—didn’t Rubio hold out initially because he wanted  CHIP funding put back in??

 

So much drama in this WH—most of it manufactured—but I really thought that CHIP was Rubio’s reason for the hold out.

One of the lefties who consume resl and credible news will let us know by morning, I’m sure.

 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

 


Best bet is Rubio or his family have Real Estate that will scam a bundle from the GOPerbill. That's how they got Corker to fold - typical GOPer tactic, for enough money, they'll sell their own granny to the pimps, they know it and it makes them PROUD. If they can starve a few poor kids in the bargain, even better.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
554
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
566
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

566 Views
Message 89 of 209

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


The bill is unpopular because when conservatives say white, the left says black and for no other reason. Any estimates are OPINION. You say short term gain (personally) but long term loss. I say short term deficit, corporate taxes brings back more jobs to the U.S., those people pay income taxes (and not on welfare), and they buy things with that extra money (their money) which kick starts the economy, with the net effect of DECREASING the debt!

 

Who's right? We'll have to wait and see. It's a done deal so live with it just as I suffered for eight years with Obama.


The bill is unpopular because 87 million people will see their taxes increase, all of which are middle class and below. It's unpopular because the majority of the tax breaks go to the wealthiest in America and will cause $$1 1/2 Trillion$$ in debt plus interest. The majority of Americans see through this tax scam for the rich, but trump's blind cult base accepts anything he lies about and he has lied his hind end off about this tax proposal. Nothing but extreme Right Wing  sources say this tax plan is good for America, most all others condemn i


The bill is unpopular because some people are just stupid.  Of course!  It's how trump got elected.  Stupid people elected him.

Stupid people don't want a tax cut.  Can you prove that?  Of course you can't.  You have zero facts to support your hate-filled posts.  

How the radical left distorts truth. You are the master bait (er) with your left wing posts.

Smart people elected Trump while stupid people voted for Hillary.  Again, any facts?  Of course not.  Just simple mutterings from an extremist.

Just my opinion versus your radical extremist opinion.

 

Most Americans will save money under the tax bill that the Senate passed Tuesday night and the House passed Wednesday. The size of that benefit varies, but 80 percent of households will see some benefit in 2018.  I'd never vote for someone that downgrades this country for a few extra bucks in my pocket and it's pathetic to think those who would actually consider themselves Americans.  What a pathetic lot.  Nothing more than prostitutes!

 

The left just strives for an excuse to add more government programs and do their utmost to have others pay for them. What a bunch of cheapskates.

I'm sure you and the rest of your liberals would much rather be wasting more money on government programs and raising taxes.

 

Well Jim, somebody will need to clean up the mess you and other short-sighted Conservatives leave behind.  How you gonna pay for the infra-structure needs of the country??

 

Looks to me like Conservatives want the entire country to look like Missippi and Alabama.....and the other worst states in the country in which to live.

 

America’s worst states to live in 2017

I see you chose a radical left wing source AGAIN.

 

Only a far-right extremist would suggest CNBC is a "left-wing" source.  How lame.  But I'll play your game.  Try US News....

 

The same states are ranked at the bottom, AGAIN.....

 

https://www.usnews.com/news/best & Worst States

 

It's stunning how Conservatives live in denial.....

 

It's stunning they don't get the connection.

 

Oh, btw.....so how did you "suffer"?

 

So how did you "suffer", NOT?  Just more lies?

 

I was suffering as you will do for the next 8 years!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
566
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
564
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

564 Views
Message 90 of 209

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


The bill is unpopular because when conservatives say white, the left says black and for no other reason. Any estimates are OPINION. You say short term gain (personally) but long term loss. I say short term deficit, corporate taxes brings back more jobs to the U.S., those people pay income taxes (and not on welfare), and they buy things with that extra money (their money) which kick starts the economy, with the net effect of DECREASING the debt!

 

Who's right? We'll have to wait and see. It's a done deal so live with it just as I suffered for eight years with Obama.


The bill is unpopular because 87 million people will see their taxes increase, all of which are middle class and below. It's unpopular because the majority of the tax breaks go to the wealthiest in America and will cause $$1 1/2 Trillion$$ in debt plus interest. The majority of Americans see through this tax scam for the rich, but trump's blind cult base accepts anything he lies about and he has lied his hind end off about this tax proposal. Nothing but extreme Right Wing  sources say this tax plan is good for America, most all others condemn i


The bill is unpopular because some people are just stupid.  Of course!  It's how trump got elected.  Stupid people elected him.

Stupid people don't want a tax cut.  Can you prove that?  Of course you can't.  You have zero facts to support your hate-filled posts.  Smart people elected Trump while stupid people voted for Hillary.  Again, any facts?  Of course not.  Just simple mutterings from an extremist.

 

Most Americans will save money under the tax bill that the Senate passed Tuesday night and the House passed Wednesday. The size of that benefit varies, but 80 percent of households will see some benefit in 2018.  I'd never vote for someone that downgrades this country for a few extra bucks in my pocket and it's pathetic to think those who would actually consider themselves Americans.  What a pathetic lot.  Nothing more than prostitutes!

I'm sure you and the rest of your liberals would much rather be wasting more money on government programs and raising taxes.

 

Well Jim, somebody will need to clean up the mess you and other short-sighted Conservatives leave behind.  How you gonna pay for the infra-structure needs of the country??

 

Looks to me like Conservatives want the entire country to look like Missippi and Alabama.....and the other worst states in the country in which to live.

 

America’s worst states to live in 2017

I see you chose a radical left wing source AGAIN.

 

Only a far-right extremist would suggest CNBC is a "left-wing" source.  How lame.  But I'll play your game.  Try US News....

 

The same states are ranked at the bottom, AGAIN.....

 

https://www.usnews.com/news/best & Worst States

 

It's stunning how Conservatives live in denial.....

 

It's stunning they don't get the connection.

 

Oh, btw.....so how did you "suffer"?

 

So how did you "suffer", NOT?  Just more lies?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
564
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors