Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

Message 41 of 210

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Well we see no understanding of the real world. Person pays less in income taxes, and more in other Federal Taxes, fees, state and local taxes to more than make up for any income tax refund they got. Fact is they pay more than the refund they got. You have to look at the full picture not just one small part. We already know the Feds are running short of money as they need the debit ceiling raised sooner. We see tariffs placed on things, passport fees raised, infrastructure projects unfunded (NY-NJ Tunnel example). Sad how easy it is to fool some people.

Which NY-NJ federal tunnel are you talking about?

You are asking questions again and until you answer mine you are not permitted to do that. Go look it up.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 210

@john258wrote:

Well we see no understanding of the real world. Person pays less in income taxes, and more in other Federal Taxes, fees, state and local taxes to more than make up for any income tax refund they got. Fact is they pay more than the refund they got. You have to look at the full picture not just one small part. We already know the Feds are running short of money as they need the debit ceiling raised sooner. We see tariffs placed on things, passport fees raised, infrastructure projects unfunded (NY-NJ Tunnel example). Sad how easy it is to fool some people.

Which NY-NJ federal tunnel are you talking about?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 210

@dvmpopwrote:

@john258  another professional poster (when are you going to hit 7000 posts - tomorrow?) spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt.

How does unfunded an unfunded infrastructure project relate to tax cuts? Perhaps you should cite the billions in public funds used to fund professional sports stadiums which could have been used for the unfunded NY-NJ tunnnel.

Last I heard, the federal government doesn't set state tax rates and in any event, mine aren't going up - are yours? Please specify.

Oh how little you know. If you have no idea how the total tax system works, and how it is funded I am not going to assist you. Try asking your far right leaders. They should have explained it to you before you posted. You heard wrong.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 210

@john258  another professional poster (when are you going to hit 7000 posts - tomorrow?) spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt.

How does unfunded an unfunded infrastructure project relate to tax cuts? Perhaps you should cite the billions in public funds used to fund professional sports stadiums which could have been used for the unfunded NY-NJ tunnnel.

Last I heard, the federal government doesn't set state tax rates and in any event, mine aren't going up - are yours? Please specify.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 210

I'm not debating that spending didn't go up, only stating that revenue didn't decline as is often cited as a reason not to reduce tax rates. Also, what income tax increases are you referring to (in the aggregate - given that there was an overall simplification in the tax rates from 16 to 2 from 1981-1988). Below is a chart using the IRS tax tables across income bands adjusted for inflation. Yes, there were some brackets that had bumps at one year or two as the rates were condensed).

marginal_tax_1981-1988.JPG

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 210

@10BlueMule71wrote:

So my Democrat friend is complaining to me that with all the hype about tax cuts, he will only received a $960 federal tax cut while a guy making a million will receive a $20,000 tax cut as well as the national debt will rise by just $1.5 trillion over the next 10 years. Under Obama he did get a small tax increase but the millionaire paid much more in taxes than him and the debt rose by $10 trillion dollars over 8 years. "So there" he said "is the proof that Trump is giving it to the rich while Obama took from the rich in this country and gave it to the poor, over $10 trillion dollars worth".

He is not an AARP member so I told him he should join.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 210

@afisher So what happened to this mysterious surplus?  Did the government just burn the money because it didn't need it to pay down the debt?

No one is suggesting that the federal government manages it's budget like people do. But basic accounting would require that that money is reflected somewhere. I have shown it is, in the gross federal debt increases mostly reflected in the dramatic increases in intergovernment holding, which is still real debt that needs to be repaid.

Someone who's written almost 15000 posts would suggest that spreading misinformation is a full-time job.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 210

So my Democrat friend is complaining to me that with all the hype about tax cuts, he will only received a $960 federal tax cut while a guy making a million will receive a $20,000 tax cut as well as the national debt will rise by just $1.5 trillion over the next 10 years. Under Obama he did get a small tax increase but the millionaire paid much more in taxes than him and the debt rose by $10 trillion dollars over 8 years. "So there" he said "is the proof that Trump is giving it to the rich while Obama took from the rich in this country and gave it to the poor, over $10 trillion dollars worth".

He is not an AARP member so I told him he should join.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 210

In answer to the last statement, that somehow indicating that revenue means paying down the debt, is bs.  that sort of theory is that DC manages its budget like a person's personal debt.

The GOP learned that the Taxscam didn't sell well in PA.why should it sell elsewhere?

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 210

Hmm - even AARP would refute your statement in their recent article "The New Tax Law and You"

The scenario that ended up with the largest tax increase - scenario 6 (aka the 1%)

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors