Message 31 of 209

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Well we see no understanding of the real world. Person pays less in income taxes, and more in other Federal Taxes, fees, state and local taxes to more than make up for any income tax refund they got. Fact is they pay more than the refund they got. You have to look at the full picture not just one small part. We already know the Feds are running short of money as they need the debit ceiling raised sooner. We see tariffs placed on things, passport fees raised, infrastructure projects unfunded (NY-NJ Tunnel example). Sad how easy it is to fool some people.

Which NY-NJ federal tunnel are you talking about?

You are asking questions again and until you answer mine you are not permitted to do that. Go look it up.

I did, they do not exist. It appears you are again making wild claims and covering them up with your petty "question game".

Here you see how bad the far right are. It does exist and was part of a story in the paper this morning. The far right can not even find a Tunnel and once again prove the experts correct when they tell us they are uneducated, can not think for them selves. It also proves why no one should ever waste their time and effort trying to have a decent back and forth with them.

It's not all that complex - what NY-NJ tunnel is federal?

You are asking a question again and you are not permitted to do that until you answer all of mine.

Come on - man up. They do not exist. Your "question game" is quite transparent.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

Message 32 of 209

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Well we see no understanding of the real world. Person pays less in income taxes, and more in other Federal Taxes, fees, state and local taxes to more than make up for any income tax refund they got. Fact is they pay more than the refund they got. You have to look at the full picture not just one small part. We already know the Feds are running short of money as they need the debit ceiling raised sooner. We see tariffs placed on things, passport fees raised, infrastructure projects unfunded (NY-NJ Tunnel example). Sad how easy it is to fool some people.

You are asking questions again and until you answer mine you are not permitted to do that. Go look it up.

I did, they do not exist. It appears you are again making wild claims and covering them up with your petty "question game".

Here you see how bad the far right are. It does exist and was part of a story in the paper this morning. The far right can not even find a Tunnel and once again prove the experts correct when they tell us they are uneducated, can not think for them selves. It also proves why no one should ever waste their time and effort trying to have a decent back and forth with them.

You are asking a question again and you are not permitted to do that until you answer all of mine.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 209

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 209

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 209

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 209

@Olderscout66wrote:

@dvmpopwrote:

As a start, please explain how the federal government sets state income tax rates and how states like Florida and Texas can have no income taxes while states like California can tax individual income up to 13.3% marginal tax rates?

Glad to oblige. For decades the Federal Government actually taxed people based on their ability to pay so they had billions available to give back to the People via REVENUE SHARING with the States, and not a single millionaire went hungry.

Reagan killed Revenue Sharing so he could give the wealthiest Americans a 60% reduction in their federal income tax (effictive rate went from 48% to 19%) while raising income taxes on the Middle Class by 47% (effective rate went from 9% to 13.2%). To make up for the lost Revenue Sharing funds, States either increased their income tax rates or cut services, shuffling the burden of supporting our civilization off to the cities and counties.

This is why my parents paid NOTHING for my participation in sports, music, theater and all the other clubs and associations while parents today shell out $200 PER CHILD to RENT their testbooks and hundreds more for every activity they participate in.

This is how Republicans love to "tax" - don't call it a tax, and for gosh sakes make sure it will not impact any rich people, who continued to shell out tens of thousands of dollars for their kids education at Exeter and Lawrenceville, but were NOT billed for all the "extras" that were added to the budgets of the bottom 90%.

Then there's all those "public" utilities that Republicans privatized so instead of collecting a small tax the citizens get smacked with the cost of the service PLUS sizable profits (every notice where the guy who OWNS your garbage pick-up service lives? Check it out - you paid for it).

Now our infantile POTUS wants to privatize the Interstate Highway, as many bridges as possible and of course PUBLIC education and the National Park System, so don't spend that $960 you'll get $16/pp - you're going to need it, and a whole lot more, for the tolls on your next vacation and for your kids' new fees to attend PUBLIC school.

Two points  - did Clinton and/or Obama restore them?

Second, money does not come without strings attached. I would suggest that the idea was to give independence to local education entities not let the rich keep some of their earned money.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 209

@dvmpopwrote:

As a start, please explain how the federal government sets state income tax rates and how states like Florida and Texas can have no income taxes while states like California can tax individual income up to 13.3% marginal tax rates?

Glad to oblige. For decades the Federal Government actually taxed people based on their ability to pay so they had billions available to give back to the People via REVENUE SHARING with the States, and not a single millionaire went hungry.

Reagan killed Revenue Sharing so he could give the wealthiest Americans a 60% reduction in their federal income tax (effictive rate went from 48% to 19%) while raising income taxes on the Middle Class by 47% (effective rate went from 9% to 13.2%). To make up for the lost Revenue Sharing funds, States either increased their income tax rates or cut services, shuffling the burden of supporting our civilization off to the cities and counties.

This is why my parents paid NOTHING for my participation in sports, music, theater and all the other clubs and associations while parents today shell out $200 PER CHILD to RENT their testbooks and hundreds more for every activity they participate in.

This is how Republicans love to "tax" - don't call it a tax, and for gosh sakes make sure it will not impact any rich people, who continued to shell out tens of thousands of dollars for their kids education at Exeter and Lawrenceville, but were NOT billed for all the "extras" that were added to the budgets of the bottom 90%.

Then there's all those "public" utilities that Republicans privatized so instead of collecting a small tax the citizens get smacked with the cost of the service PLUS sizable profits (every notice where the guy who OWNS your garbage pick-up service lives? Check it out - you paid for it).

Now our infantile POTUS wants to privatize the Interstate Highway, as many bridges as possible and of course PUBLIC education and the National Park System, so don't spend that $960 you'll get $16/pp - you're going to need it, and a whole lot more, for the tolls on your next vacation and for your kids' new fees to attend PUBLIC school.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 209

@dvmpopwrote:

@john258 I provide facts and legitimate questions - you provide namecalling and innuendo to deflect from the truth. What tax expertise do you bring to the table? Perhaps you should honor us with your wisdom on how things work. Using statements such as "Try asking your far right leaders" would be clear indication that you are motivated by propaganda and not facts. These Alinsky tactics hold no weight with me.

How little you know about the full tax system. When state and local get more then the Feds pay them less. The state and local will get more in most cases from increased spending, but they will get less from the feds as we see the Feds cutting what they give the states, and local. An example is the NJ - NY tunnel. They want the states to pay for it. More taxes needed by State and local so you pay more. You can not have a tax cut when you increase the total Fed deficit. That has to be paid either now or in the future. We already see the Treasury asking for the debt ceiling to be raised sooner as they are running low on cash. More borrowing more interest costs. Learn the full tax system. This was a Tax decrease for the top, and an increase to the middle class on down.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 209

@john258 I provide facts and legitimate questions - you provide namecalling and innuendo to deflect from the truth. What tax expertise do you bring to the table? Perhaps you should honor us with your wisdom on how things work. Using statements such as "Try asking your far right leaders" would be clear indication that you are motivated by propaganda and not facts. These Alinsky tactics hold no weight with me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 209

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors