@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Well we see no understanding of the real world. Person pays less in income taxes, and more in other Federal Taxes, fees, state and local taxes to more than make up for any income tax refund they got. Fact is they pay more than the refund they got. You have to look at the full picture not just one small part. We already know the Feds are running short of money as they need the debit ceiling raised sooner. We see tariffs placed on things, passport fees raised, infrastructure projects unfunded (NY-NJ Tunnel example). Sad how easy it is to fool some people.

Which NY-NJ federal tunnel are you talking about?

You are asking questions again and until you answer mine you are not permitted to do that. Go look it up.

I did, they do not exist. It appears you are again making wild claims and covering them up with your petty "question game".

Here you see how bad the far right are. It does exist and was part of a story in the paper this morning. The far right can not even find a Tunnel and once again prove the experts correct when they tell us they are uneducated, can not think for them selves. It also proves why no one should ever waste their time and effort trying to have a decent back and forth with them.

It's not all that complex - what NY-NJ tunnel is federal?

You are asking a question again and you are not permitted to do that until you answer all of mine.

Come on - man up. They do not exist. Your "question game" is quite transparent.

Well you live up to the far right the experts have told us about. I see some posters have told you a little information. They have to keep in mind that you posted it was federal which once again proves what the experts tell us about the far right. There is Federal money in all projects such as this. Now would you like to apologize to all of us for the post you made about the School kid in FL. Until you do no one should even acknoledge you exist.

I have no idea how that gibberish relates. Bottom line - they are not federal and totally unrelated to the FL school kids. It's over, let it go.

Maybe it's time for you to do another drop out "until you answer all my questions".

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

Message 22 of 209

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

The tunnel is not federal, just desperately needed to keep trade and transportation flowing in that part of the country. Another example of Republicans being unable to govern. They just can't do anything but say NO to everything except tax cuts for the rich. 

And what is the federal responsibility regarding PONYA entities? (I think it may have a new name now)

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The GOP Tax Cut Scam

Message 23 of 209

NH suffers from the same problem all cult members have. They never respond directly to allegations about their idol and hero in the White House and they never hold him accountable. 

Instead of holding Trump accountable, they always blame Hillary or President Obama for his many failures. In this case, instead of blaming Trump for the rapidly increasing national debt, they refer back to President Obama. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 209

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Everybody's going to be hit by the $1.5 - $2 Trillion addition to our nation's debt. We will pay the price in higher costs for all types of loans including credit card debt, mortgages, auto loans, tuition loans, etc.

We got "hit" by the $10 trillion dollar debt Obama added to the national debt. I didn't see you moaning then.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 209

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Well we see no understanding of the real world. Person pays less in income taxes, and more in other Federal Taxes, fees, state and local taxes to more than make up for any income tax refund they got. Fact is they pay more than the refund they got. You have to look at the full picture not just one small part. We already know the Feds are running short of money as they need the debit ceiling raised sooner. We see tariffs placed on things, passport fees raised, infrastructure projects unfunded (NY-NJ Tunnel example). Sad how easy it is to fool some people.

Which NY-NJ federal tunnel are you talking about?

You are asking questions again and until you answer mine you are not permitted to do that. Go look it up.

I did, they do not exist. It appears you are again making wild claims and covering them up with your petty "question game".

Here you see how bad the far right are. It does exist and was part of a story in the paper this morning. The far right can not even find a Tunnel and once again prove the experts correct when they tell us they are uneducated, can not think for them selves. It also proves why no one should ever waste their time and effort trying to have a decent back and forth with them.

You are asking a question again and you are not permitted to do that until you answer all of mine.

Come on - man up. They do not exist. Your "question game" is quite transparent.

Well you live up to the far right the experts have told us about. I see some posters have told you a little information. They have to keep in mind that you posted it was federal which once again proves what the experts tell us about the far right. There is Federal money in all projects such as this. Now would you like to apologize to all of us for the post you made about the School kid in FL. Until you do no one should even acknoledge you exist.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 209

I'd like to see where in your 13,000+ posts you commented similarly with the $10T increase in Federal debt during the last adminstration.

Also, the problem is spending, not tax revenue. We don't experience tax revenue reductions when tax cuts are enacted. So let's focus on the problem, spending since we know the government has and will continue to outspend revenue regardless of marginal tax rates. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 209

Funny that you blame Republicans for the transition of Revenue Sharing even though the Democrats were in charge of Congress at that time.  

You also aren't able to answer the question of the federal government setting state tax policy - because they don't. Why is it we still have states that have zero income tax during and after the change from the 1972-1986 Revenue Sharing period? It's because states make their own decisions regarding taxation.

You also seem to miss the fact that the wealthiest pay a disproportionally large amount of the taxes collected. According to the IRS using data released in 2017 for tax year 2015 (latest that is publicly available) the top 1% earned 20% of income but paid 39% of taxes. The top 1% paid more than the bottom 90% combined (39% vs 29.4) The top 1% paid an effective rate of 27.%, which is 7 times higher than the bottom 50% at 3.6% effective rate.

Public funding per student in the US is higher than other developed nations but results trail most of those same nations - so throwing money at the problem hasn't worked over time. This is true if you measure on a per student basis or on education spending as a % of GDP. Contrary to your thinking, per student educational spending went down during the Obama administration  (not that I'm suggesting that was necessarily bad but it runs counter to your narrative) https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=66

In case you weren't aware - those that choose to send their children to private schools are not exempt from paying taxes that support public education - thereby providing a twofer, revenue without the expense - so that point you make actually supports my argument, not yours.

Also, the reason for parents having to shell out for education expenditures is that despite having the one of the highest expenditures per student globally, more and more of the funds are allocated not for child education but for administrative and non-education expenses such as pensions, healthcare and similar.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The GOP Tax Cut Scam

Message 28 of 209

Everybody's going to be hit by the $1.5 - $2 Trillion addition to our nation's debt. We will pay the price in higher costs for all types of loans including credit card debt, mortgages, auto loans, tuition loans, etc.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 209

@Richvawrote:

@rk9152wrote:

The tunnel is not federal, just desperately needed to keep trade and transportation flowing in that part of the country. Another example of Republicans being unable to govern. They just can't do anything but say NO to everything except tax cuts for the rich. 

I believe Democrats got those tax cuts too!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 209

@rk9152wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors