Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
521
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

521 Views
Message 91 of 209

"Supply side economics" is not TAUGHT anywhere because there is no factual basis for believing in that GOPer nonsense. It is used by RW "think-control tanks" like Heritage who devote mch time and energy to developing bumperstickers to promote their wonderful wealth redistribution scheme as if it might benefit the bottom 99%.

 

The GOPer base loves the bunperstickers and cheers while being sent to the slaughter, along with the rest of the 99%.

 

FACT: Business is in business to MAKE MONEY FOR THE OWNERS. They are not there to promote the middle class, to provide good jobs or to make America great. They are there TO MAKE MONEY FOR THE OWNERS.

 

The GOPerLords make a huge deal out of how much tax they pay without every giving their dupes time to think about how much they have left and why them getting more has never helped the economy.

 

Business will NOT add jobs unless there's a SUSTAINED increase in demand for their product that cannot be satisfied with overtime or outsourcing.

 

There will be NO increase, sustained or otherwise, from huge amounts of tax money being redistributed to the top 10%. they ALREADY have everything they want, so they just use the money to buy moree wealth - existing stocks bonds real estate and jewelry.

 

HOWEVER, diverting huge amounts of tax money to the bottom 90% will produce vastly increased demand because the bottom 90% still has LOTS of "unsatisfied needs and wants". The first need satisfied will be getting OUT OF DEBT, but once that's done, demand for goods and services will skyrocket, placing every dime of tax rebate into CONSUMPTION.

 

The GOPerLords know this and don't care. They know their base is so lofo they'll happily pay MORE in taxes to replace the lost services that had been covered by the tax money redistributed to the Uberrich, just like they've done for the past 30 years as the Middle Class has had to pony up trillions to replace the lost revenue that had made school books and supplies free, kept college amazingly affordable and made sure our roads and bridges were safe and the US would lead the World in scientific research that produced entire new industries from WWII until Reagan.

 

This GOPerbase is so berift of actual facts they think restoring the parasitic young and healthy who do NOT pay for insurance BUT DO get sick and injured is advancing personal FREEDOM instead of just jacking everybody elses's insurance premiums and copays while taking away health insurance from millions who want it but can no longer afford it.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
521
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
497
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

497 Views
Message 92 of 209

83% of the Tax Cuts and Breaks,  go to the top 1% , sounds like Democracy to me !!!

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
497
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
492
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

492 Views
Message 93 of 209

Actually "rk", the CBO and other reputable sources who are trained and skilled at evaluating and assessing the effects of legislation say taxes will be increased in several years.  In fact, taxes will need to be increased significantly to address the debt in years to come.

 

As usual, Conservatives con the uneducated to think what happens today is far more important than what happens in several years.....


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
492
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
495
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

495 Views
Message 94 of 209

Republicans keep pretending their tax policies do not redistribute wealth from the middle to the very top, but every indicator used in Economics proves Republicans are lying about their tax scams.

 

FACT: Civilazation is not possible without TAXATION. The way in which those essential taxes are collected is the difference between vibrant, improving civilizations and stagnant, decaying ones.

 

FACT: Once you satisfy your needs you move on to satisfy your wants, and when those are satisfied, you stop spending. The top 10% have reached that stage of satisfying their needs AND wants and all increases to their income are used to increase their wealth by purchasing sterile investments like stocks, bonds and existing real estate.

 

FACT: The Reagan taxscam diverted TRILLIONS of dollars from Government spending on infrastructure, education, scientific research and REVENUE SHARING that returned billions to the States so they didn't have to tax their citizens to keep the roads maintained and schools improving and affordable.

 

FACT: Without those Federal expenditures, middle class workers lost their jobs supporting the infrastructure, education, scientific research and all the things Revenue Sharing had supported, like summer jobs providing programs for kids as well as income and employment for millions of teens.

 

FACT: The money that had provided all those middle class jobs now went into the pockets of the very top of the income scale where it was used to purchase existing stocks bonds realestate and jewelry. The proof is that from 1980 to 2015 the portion of wealth (existing stocks bonds realestate and jewelry) held by the top 1% skyrocketed from 22% to 46% while the wealth held by the bottom 50% shrank from 14% to 2%. That redistribution of wealth did NOT happen because the 1% suddenly became 1000% smarter or worked 1000% more hours, It came because the Reagan taxscam tilted the playing field so all the goodies tumbled to the top.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
495
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
478
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

478 Views
Message 95 of 209

Image may contain: text

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
478
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
482
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

482 Views
Message 96 of 209

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


The bill is unpopular because when conservatives say white, the left says black and for no other reason. Any estimates are OPINION. You say short term gain (personally) but long term loss. I say short term deficit, corporate taxes brings back more jobs to the U.S., those people pay income taxes (and not on welfare), and they buy things with that extra money (their money) which kick starts the economy, with the net effect of DECREASING the debt!

 

Who's right? We'll have to wait and see. It's a done deal so live with it just as I suffered for eight years with Obama.


The bill is unpopular because 87 million people will see their taxes increase, all of which are middle class and below. It's unpopular because the majority of the tax breaks go to the wealthiest in America and will cause $$1 1/2 Trillion$$ in debt plus interest. The majority of Americans see through this tax scam for the rich, but trump's blind cult base accepts anything he lies about and he has lied his hind end off about this tax proposal. Nothing but extreme Right Wing  sources say this tax plan is good for America, most all others condemn i


The bill is unpopular because some people are just stupid.  Of course!  It's how trump got elected.  Stupid people elected him.

Stupid people don't want a tax cut. Smart people elected Trump while stupid people voted for Hillary.

 

Most Americans will save money under the tax bill that the Senate passed Tuesday night and the House passed Wednesday. The size of that benefit varies, but 80 percent of households will see some benefit in 2018.  I'd never vote for someone that downgrades this country for a few extra bucks in my pocket and it's pathetic to think those who would actually consider themselves Americans.  What a pathetic lot.  Nothing more than prostitutes!

I'm sure you and the rest of your liberals would much rather be wasting more money on government programs and raising taxes.

 

Looks to me like Conservatives want the entire country to look like Missippi and Alabama.....and the other worst states in the country in which to live.

 

America’s worst states to live in 2017

I see you chose a radical left wing source AGAIN.

 

It's stunning they don't get the connection.

 

Oh, btw.....so how did you "suffer"?


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
482
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
477
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

477 Views
Message 97 of 209

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


The bill is unpopular because when conservatives say white, the left says black and for no other reason. Any estimates are OPINION. You say short term gain (personally) but long term loss. I say short term deficit, corporate taxes brings back more jobs to the U.S., those people pay income taxes (and not on welfare), and they buy things with that extra money (their money) which kick starts the economy, with the net effect of DECREASING the debt!

 

Who's right? We'll have to wait and see. It's a done deal so live with it just as I suffered for eight years with Obama.


The bill is unpopular because 87 million people will see their taxes increase, all of which are middle class and below. It's unpopular because the majority of the tax breaks go to the wealthiest in America and will cause $$1 1/2 Trillion$$ in debt plus interest. The majority of Americans see through this tax scam for the rich, but trump's blind cult base accepts anything he lies about and he has lied his hind end off about this tax proposal. Nothing but extreme Right Wing  sources say this tax plan is good for America, most all others condemn i


The bill is unpopular because some people are just stupid.  Of course!  It's how trump got elected.  Stupid people elected him.

 

Most Americans will save money under the tax bill that the Senate passed Tuesday night and the House passed Wednesday. The size of that benefit varies, but 80 percent of households will see some benefit in 2018.  I'd never vote for someone that downgrades this country for a few extra bucks in my pocket and it's pathetic to think those who would actually consider themselves Americans.  What a pathetic lot.  Nothing more than prostitutes!

 

Looks to me like Conservatives want the entire country to look like Missippi and Alabama.....and the other worst states in the country in which to live.

 

America’s worst states to live in 2017

 

It's stunning they don't get the connection.

 

Oh, btw.....so how did you "suffer"?


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
477
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
587
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

587 Views
Message 98 of 209

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

 


The bill is unpopular because when conservatives say white, the left says black and for no other reason. Any estimates are OPINION. You say short term gain (personally) but long term loss. I say short term deficit, corporate taxes brings back more jobs to the U.S., those people pay income taxes (and not on welfare), and they buy things with that extra money (their money) which kick starts the economy, with the net effect of DECREASING the debt!

 

Who's right? We'll have to wait and see. It's a done deal so live with it just as I suffered for eight years with Obama.


The bill is unpopular because 87 million people will see their taxes increase, all of which are middle class and below. It's unpopular because the majority of the tax breaks go to the wealthiest in America and will cause $$1 1/2 Trillion$$ in debt plus interest. The majority of Americans see through this tax scam for the rich, but trump's blind cult base accepts anything he lies about and he has lied his hind end off about this tax proposal. Nothing but extreme Right Wing  sources say this tax plan is good for America, most all others condemn i


The bill is unpopular because some people are just stupid.

 

Most Americans will save money under the tax bill that the Senate passed Tuesday night and the House passed Wednesday. The size of that benefit varies, but 80 percent of households will see some benefit in 2018.

 

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/12/why-dont-63-percent-of-americans-realize-theyre...

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
587
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
575
Views

The GOP Tax Cut Scam

575 Views
Message 99 of 209

 

You can't expect Trump Cult members to examine the GOP tax bill objectively. They automatically believe everything their idol and hero in the White House tells them.

 

I will personally benefit from the law but it's not good for America.

  • It's approximately a 500 page bill, so much for a flat tax and doing your taxes on a postcard
  • It adds an incredible 1.5 to 2 Trillion dollars to the deficit
  • America's corporation are enjoying record profits and revenue, yet this bill targets them with huge tax benefits. They are the last people in America who need a major tax break.
  • America's rich are doing better than ever, but thanks to this bill, they will do even better. This will increase the class divide in our country.
  • Do middle class people derive some benefits? Yes they do, as mentioned above, I'm one of them. But the benefits are small when compared to the big corporations and the wealthy.
  • One non-partisan analysis claims 83% of the benefits in this bill will go to corporations and the very rich.

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
575
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
565
Views

Re: The GOP Tax Cut Scam

565 Views
Message 100 of 209

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

It's a done deal so live with it just as I suffered for eight years with Obama.  You whined for 8 years, that's for sure.  But how did you "suffer"?

 


That's a very good question Cent .......... I'd also like to hear Nothappening's answer.



"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
565
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors