AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

Message 81 of 182

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The lofo Republicans somehow want the rest of us to believe a 3-star General, working most of his 33 year career in intelligence DID NOT KNOW IT WAS A CRIME TO LIE TO THE FBI.

Is there anyone out there, including GOPers, who does not KNOW Martha Stewart SERVED TIME for lying to Federal Investigators?

Anyone still want to pretend Flynn did not know EXACTLY what he was doing, AND DID IT ANYWAY?

The question we need answered is what ELSE did Flynn know about Trump's Russian conspiracy that he lied to conceal? Same question needs to be asked and answered regarding Paul Manafort - he lied, knew he'd probably get caught, so what OTHER Trump crimes is he STILL concelaing?

Do you allow for the possibility of entrapment? Comey seems quite pleased at how they pulled that off.

How could anyone rise to become an Army General and the National Security Advisor without knowing that lying to the FBI was illegal? Flynn has now admitted in court that he knew lying to the FBI was illegal so you can stop worrying that he was entrapped.

We don't know he "lied". The interrogators already had transcripts of his phone calls. So, they could continually ask questions going from one call to another, from one date to another and eventually anyone would err.

Think of what it was he did - he established a working relationship with a man who would be his counterpart shortly. Is that really bad??

And, the new Administration was not in office yet and his contract with Turkey was still in effect - and look at the big deal that was made over that.

And, yes, he admitted to lying. Mueller demanded it and got it as a supposed, "end of it" for Flynn. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 182

@mandm84 wrote:

rk9152 says "As to the Russians trying to divide us, many posters here are prime examples. Unrelenting attacks on the elected President of the US must cause the vodka to flow in Moscow."

----------------

Kind of like your never ending attacks on our honorable and honest President Obama !!! Short memory ?

There were many differences in ideology expressed with regard to Obama. But I never saw any nonsense about anyone colluding with Russia. 

There is a difference between ideological differences and all this "Russian collusion" jazz.

And back to the issue you tried to steer away from - if, in fact, the Russians are trying to weaken us through division, what do you think all these attacks (not over ideology) are doing? Posters even attack the President's wife on a regular basis. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 182

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

In Trump World, none of the many convicted felons in his administration and campaign are held accountable or responsible for their actiions by Trump Cult members. In their alternate reality, it's always a devious FBI agent or U.S. Attorney. Remember, in Trump World, it's the FBI and the Mueller Team who are currupt. Yes, they actually believe that. 

I think it's too much for them to hold the National Security Advisor accountable for his actions. Keep in mind, it was his job is to protect America. But he LIED and is now a convicted felon.  

How do you think they would react if it was the Obama Administration or the people in Hillary's campaign? Can you spell DOUBLE STANDARD and HYPOCRISY?

If you read the item you will see that it is not about the "Trump world" - it is about the corrupt "McCabe world" feeding the "Corrupt Mueller world" - and it was all Comey's idea. Quite a package there.

Are you saying Flynn is not responsible for his criminal activity?

Which "criminal activity" are you referring to - Contracting with Turkey or getting scammed by Comey's guys? Remember, just like the other targets of the fishing expedition their "criminality" is of no interest. It is just a way for the Mueller team to get people to say what they want about the President.

Maybe the criminal activity that Flynn admitted to when he plead guilty.

...and that was?? Consider it in the context of Comey's bragging how they scammed him.

How about considering it in the context of Flynn’s guilty plea.

Sure - Mueller ruined Flynn's finances and threated to do more if Flynn would not say what Mueller wanted to hear. And it all began with dirty tricks by a corrupt DoJ. How's that for context?

So now GOPers support laws that protect stupid crooks - good to know.

For GOPers, it's a CRIME if the FBI outsmarts a GOPerLord or one of their minions, so the CRIME the Lord/minion committed must be forgiven.

More retweeting of the Russian Trolls by Trumpettes - how's that for context?

What "GOPers" support laws to "protect stupid crooks"?

And then something meaningless about "LORD/minion", "Russian Trolls" and "Trumpettes".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 182

@mandm84 wrote:

Bringing up Scooter Libby , ouch that didn't work out.

Of course it did. Some were insisting that he outed Plame. Once they realized they were wrong, they clammed up - without even an "Oooops!!". Classy!!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 182

@Tom5678 wrote:
well it now sounds like the next trail date for Flynn will be in March. A I understand it, the Judge is giving Flynn more time to cooperate with Mueller. The biggest take away for me from what I heard about today was the Judge took it upon himself to let Flynn have it and told him " arguably, you sold out your country."

I have provided a link for the latest....so we will have to hold off on the chants of lock him up!!, for a bit longer it appears. He is not off the hook yet by any means:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-wishes-michael-flynn-good-luck-his-sentencing-ly...

I think the date is when the Judge will pass sentence - he wants to see if Flynn continues to cooperate or will he pull another "they tricked me to make me conceal the crimes I committed" bull feathers the GOPerLords have ordered their dupes to repeat ad nauseum. Seems the Judge finds such duplicity vexing, and do all who value the Rule of Law.

BTW, How is it nobody thinks the Treasury Dept TRICKED Al Capone into not paying his taxes, which is lying to the Government, but all the Trumpettes think the FBI TRICKED Flynn into lying about the crimes HE committed?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 182
well it now sounds like the next trail date for Flynn will be in March. A I understand it, the Judge is giving Flynn more time to cooperate with Mueller. The biggest take away for me from what I heard about today was the Judge took it upon himself to let Flynn have it and told him " arguably, you sold out your country."

I have provided a link for the latest....so we will have to hold off on the chants of lock him up!!, for a bit longer it appears. He is not off the hook yet by any means:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-wishes-michael-flynn-good-luck-his-sentencing-ly...
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 182

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

The lofo Republicans somehow want the rest of us to believe a 3-star General, working most of his 33 year career in intelligence DID NOT KNOW IT WAS A CRIME TO LIE TO THE FBI.

Is there anyone out there, including GOPers, who does not KNOW Martha Stewart SERVED TIME for lying to Federal Investigators?

Anyone still want to pretend Flynn did not know EXACTLY what he was doing, AND DID IT ANYWAY?

The question we need answered is what ELSE did Flynn know about Trump's Russian conspiracy that he lied to conceal? Same question needs to be asked and answered regarding Paul Manafort - he lied, knew he'd probably get caught, so what OTHER Trump crimes is he STILL concelaing?

Do you allow for the possibility of entrapment? Comey seems quite pleased at how they pulled that off.

How could anyone rise to become an Army General and the National Security Advisor without knowing that lying to the FBI was illegal? Flynn has now admitted in court that he knew lying to the FBI was illegal so you can stop worrying that he was entrapped.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 182

Apparently Flynn's legal team hinted at the crazy "entrapment" theory and the judge was not impressed. They made a serious mistake their client will pay for. Thanks WSJ!

Ps...............of all people in Trumpworld in trouble now, he should have known that lying to the FBI is a crime.

"A planned sentencing hearing for Michael Flynn took an unexpected turn Friday, as Judge Emmet Sullivan harshly criticized the former national security adviser — so harshly that Flynn eventually asked for the sentencing to be postponed.

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s office had said a sentence of no prison time would be appropriate for Flynn, who admitted lying to the FBI about his Russia contacts, and has since been cooperating with investigations. But Judge Sullivan did not sound convinced, and instead made clear prison time was a possibility.

“This is a very — serious — offense,” Sullivan said. “A high-ranking senior official of the government making false statements to the Federal Bureau of the Investigation while on the physical premises of the White House.” He said he felt “disgust” and “disdain” for what Flynn did.

“Arguably, you sold your country out,” Sullivan said, even asking prosecutors whether they thought Flynn could have been charged with treason. (He walked back both of those statements somewhat after a brief recess.)

In part, Sullivan seemed annoyed because Flynn’s lawyers used a recent sentencing memo not to signal remorse, but rather to imply that Flynn was railroaded. For instance, they mentioned that Flynn had been told that the FBI interview could be quicker if he didn’t have a lawyer present, and that he wasn’t explicitly warned that lying to the FBI would be a crime.

Sullivan, however, used the hearing to try and dispel the myth that Flynn was set up. He got Flynn to admit that he understood lying to the FBI was a crime, and to reiterate his guilty plea. And he even said he had some “concerns” that Flynn hadn’t fully accepted responsibility for his crime.

https://www.vox.com/2018/12/18/18146429/michael-flynn-sentencing-mueller-judge

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 182

Dear  Jim

Flynn was entrapped.  Oh me  oH my!!!!!!!  as you have been able to hear if you actually heard what he told the judge. he knew he was lying nobody entrapped him and now because they really pissed off the judge that requested a delay of 90 days to see if things cool down.

Poor Flynn, he is very lucky, in my book  he is a traitor to this country. and should be shot in accordance to the laws  for traitors. 

He is a disgrace to be called a General. and hoping that the Military do not accept this man as part  of a branch of government that has heroes and that people die for this country.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 182

“You were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Adviser to the president!” Judge Emmet Sullivan bellowed in court, according to a tweet by CBS News Radio reporter Steven Portnoy.

“Arguably, this undermines everything this flag over here stands for! Arguably, you sold your country out!”

The fed-up judge later added, “I’m not hiding my disgust, my disdain, for this criminal offense.”

https://nypost.com/2018/12/18/judge-slams-michael-flynn-ahead-of-sentencing/

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors