Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
292
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

292 Views
Message 1 of 182

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I have made no such claim. I'm just trying to get people to say what they think he is guilty of. Would you care to offer your opinion?


I think he is guilty of lying to the FBI.  The judge thinks he is guilty of lying to the FBI. Flynn plead guilty to the charge of lying to the FBI.  Flynn told the judge he plead guilty because he DID lie to the FBI. 

 

Yeah, I think he lied to the FBI. 


O.K. - he foolishly sat down with Strzok and Mc Cabe for a little informal chat. They discussed stuff with him that they already knew because they had the transcripts - so they were not looking for information. What do you suppose the purpose of that was? Seems to lead back to the topic.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
292
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
316
Views

The Flynn Entrapment

316 Views
Message 2 of 182

In addition to the investigation into Russian meddling in the U.S. election, Special Counsel Robert Mueller is reportedly now also probing an alleged plan by White House National Security Adviser Mike Flynn to deliver a Muslim cleric living in the U.S. to Turkey in exchange for millions of dollars, the Wall Street Journal reports. Flynn and his son, Michael Flynn Jr., were allegedly set to receive up to $15 million for helping to forcibly remove Fethullah Gulen from the U.S. and for providing him to the Turkish government. President Tayyip Erdogan has repeatedly asked that Gulen be extradited to Turkey.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
316
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
318
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

318 Views
Message 3 of 182

@rk9152 wrote:

I have made no such claim. I'm just trying to get people to say what they think he is guilty of. Would you care to offer your opinion?


I think he is guilty of lying to the FBI.  The judge thinks he is guilty of lying to the FBI. Flynn plead guilty to the charge of lying to the FBI.  Flynn told the judge he plead guilty because he DID lie to the FBI. 

 

Yeah, I think he lied to the FBI. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
318
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
322
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

322 Views
Message 4 of 182

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 There was no trial. All your insults and nonsense about welfare will not change that fact.


 


It's the defendant's choice whether to go to trial, or cut a deal. The defendant in this case chose to cut a deal. He still had a hearing where the judge reviewed the facts of the case, and asked the defendant if the facts of the case are accurate. All your caca and whining about "he never had a hearing" will change that fact.

 

 


Agreed - there was no trial. 

 

"Caca"????


Does that mean that everyone who pleads guilty before sitting through a trial is now innocent?


No.


The why do you claim that Flynn is not guilty of the crimes to which he plead guilty?


I have made no such claim. I'm just trying to get people to say what they think he is guilty of. Would you care to offer your opinion?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
322
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
335
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

335 Views
Message 5 of 182

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 There was no trial. All your insults and nonsense about welfare will not change that fact.


 


It's the defendant's choice whether to go to trial, or cut a deal. The defendant in this case chose to cut a deal. He still had a hearing where the judge reviewed the facts of the case, and asked the defendant if the facts of the case are accurate. All your caca and whining about "he never had a hearing" will change that fact.

 

 


Agreed - there was no trial. 

 

"Caca"????


Does that mean that everyone who pleads guilty before sitting through a trial is now innocent?


No.


The why do you claim that Flynn is not guilty of the crimes to which he plead guilty?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
335
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
352
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

352 Views
Message 6 of 182

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 There was no trial. All your insults and nonsense about welfare will not change that fact.


 


It's the defendant's choice whether to go to trial, or cut a deal. The defendant in this case chose to cut a deal. He still had a hearing where the judge reviewed the facts of the case, and asked the defendant if the facts of the case are accurate. All your caca and whining about "he never had a hearing" will change that fact.

 

 


Agreed - there was no trial. 

 

"Caca"????


Does that mean that everyone who pleads guilty before sitting through a trial is now innocent?


No.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
352
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
356
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

356 Views
Message 7 of 182

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:


No, that is an idea that would only occur to the uninformed. You need to get a new drum, the one you are beating has failed.


O.K. let's assume you are informed - what is he guilty of?


Why is he not guilty of the crimes he stated he was guilty of committing?

 

What do you think Flynn is guilty of? I didn't say he wasn't guilty - I am just wondering what it is we are talking about that you see him as guilty of?


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
356
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
364
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

364 Views
Message 8 of 182

@rk9152 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 There was no trial. All your insults and nonsense about welfare will not change that fact.


 


It's the defendant's choice whether to go to trial, or cut a deal. The defendant in this case chose to cut a deal. He still had a hearing where the judge reviewed the facts of the case, and asked the defendant if the facts of the case are accurate. All your caca and whining about "he never had a hearing" will change that fact.

 

 


Agreed - there was no trial. 

 

"Caca"????


Does that mean that everyone who pleads guilty before sitting through a trial is now innocent?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
364
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
365
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

365 Views
Message 9 of 182

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I'm sure the Special Prosecution team has had a lot of " friendly discussions ".


I doubt it. Comey's words seemed to indicate this was the exception.


When Flynns lawyers heard who the Judge would be U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan they were elated because His Honor had a long reputation of intollerance toward prosecutorial misconduct.

 

But when the Judge Sullivan read the current Republican line, he went ballistic, spent a great deal of time reading each individual charge, and pointedly asking Flynn if he understood at that time lying to the FBI was a crime, and waiting until Flynn replied, "Yes, I did know lying to the FBI was a crime."

 

The Judge then told Flynn he was a disgrace to his career, his uniform and his country and informed Flynn he was having his passport seized and that Flynn was not to travel more than 50 miles from Washington DC. Then His Honor said going to wait to see how Flynn behaved in cooperating with Mueller for the next 90 days, and he was definately considering having him serve jail time for his crimes, despite what Mueller had recommended because of how Flynn attacked the FBI and tried to mitigate his numerous crimes.

 

LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP - and unlike Flynn's chant at the Rebublican Convention, there's a whole list of actual felony crimes Flynn committed to justify LOCKING HIM UP


Is there anything he did other than falling into Stzrok's trap that he did for which you'd like to "LOCK HIM UP"?


I guess that in your mind pleading guilty and further admitting in court that he knew he was committing a crime when he did it somehow makes him innocent because the mean guys asked him a question they already knew the answer to. Using that ‘defense’ would mean that any time a suspect is asked a question, even his name, the case should be thrown out because of ‘entrapment’.


For what crime do you want to "LOCK HIM UP"? And please, not lying to the FBI (they had the transcripts so it was obvious entrapment). Surely there is something else - what is it?


The crimes he admitted to in court. If it was obvious entrapment why have Flynn and his legal team denied that? 

 

Just because the questioners already had some proof of the facts doesn’t mean they cannot ask the question. If we follow your line of ‘reasoning’ if law enforcement asks a person for his name when they already know it they have committed entrapment.

 

Do i understand you to say that he is only guilty of lying to Strzok?


No, that is an idea that would only occur to the uninformed. You need to get a new drum, the one you are beating has failed.


O.K. let's assume you are informed - what is he guilty of?


Why is he not guilty of the crimes he stated he was guilty of committing?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
365
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
387
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

387 Views
Message 10 of 182

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I'm sure the Special Prosecution team has had a lot of " friendly discussions ".


I doubt it. Comey's words seemed to indicate this was the exception.


When Flynns lawyers heard who the Judge would be U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan they were elated because His Honor had a long reputation of intollerance toward prosecutorial misconduct.

 

But when the Judge Sullivan read the current Republican line, he went ballistic, spent a great deal of time reading each individual charge, and pointedly asking Flynn if he understood at that time lying to the FBI was a crime, and waiting until Flynn replied, "Yes, I did know lying to the FBI was a crime."

 

The Judge then told Flynn he was a disgrace to his career, his uniform and his country and informed Flynn he was having his passport seized and that Flynn was not to travel more than 50 miles from Washington DC. Then His Honor said going to wait to see how Flynn behaved in cooperating with Mueller for the next 90 days, and he was definately considering having him serve jail time for his crimes, despite what Mueller had recommended because of how Flynn attacked the FBI and tried to mitigate his numerous crimes.

 

LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP - and unlike Flynn's chant at the Rebublican Convention, there's a whole list of actual felony crimes Flynn committed to justify LOCKING HIM UP


Is there anything he did other than falling into Stzrok's trap that he did for which you'd like to "LOCK HIM UP"?


I guess that in your mind pleading guilty and further admitting in court that he knew he was committing a crime when he did it somehow makes him innocent because the mean guys asked him a question they already knew the answer to. Using that ‘defense’ would mean that any time a suspect is asked a question, even his name, the case should be thrown out because of ‘entrapment’.


For what crime do you want to "LOCK HIM UP"? And please, not lying to the FBI (they had the transcripts so it was obvious entrapment). Surely there is something else - what is it?


The crimes he admitted to in court. If it was obvious entrapment why have Flynn and his legal team denied that? 

 

Just because the questioners already had some proof of the facts doesn’t mean they cannot ask the question. If we follow your line of ‘reasoning’ if law enforcement asks a person for his name when they already know it they have committed entrapment.

 

Do i understand you to say that he is only guilty of lying to Strzok?


No, that is an idea that would only occur to the uninformed. You need to get a new drum, the one you are beating has failed.


O.K. let's assume you are informed - what is he guilty of?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
387
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report


city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors