Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Flynn Entrapment

Message 41 of 182

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I'm sure the Special Prosecution team has had a lot of " friendly discussions ".

I doubt it. Comey's words seemed to indicate this was the exception.

When Flynns lawyers heard who the Judge would be U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan they were elated because His Honor had a long reputation of intollerance toward prosecutorial misconduct.

But when the Judge Sullivan read the current Republican line, he went ballistic, spent a great deal of time reading each individual charge, and pointedly asking Flynn if he understood at that time lying to the FBI was a crime, and waiting until Flynn replied, "Yes, I did know lying to the FBI was a crime."

The Judge then told Flynn he was a disgrace to his career, his uniform and his country and informed Flynn he was having his passport seized and that Flynn was not to travel more than 50 miles from Washington DC. Then His Honor said going to wait to see how Flynn behaved in cooperating with Mueller for the next 90 days, and he was definately considering having him serve jail time for his crimes, despite what Mueller had recommended because of how Flynn attacked the FBI and tried to mitigate his numerous crimes.

LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP - and unlike Flynn's chant at the Rebublican Convention, there's a whole list of actual felony crimes Flynn committed to justify LOCKING HIM UP

Is there anything he did other than falling into Stzrok's trap that he did for which you'd like to "LOCK HIM UP"?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 182

@rk9152 wrote:

@mandm84 wrote:

I'm sure the Special Prosecution team has had a lot of " friendly discussions ".

When Flynns lawyers heard who the Judge would be U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan they were elated because His Honor had a long reputation of intollerance toward prosecutorial misconduct.

But when the Judge Sullivan read the current Republican line, he went ballistic, spent a great deal of time reading each individual charge, and pointedly asking Flynn if he understood at that time lying to the FBI was a crime, and waiting until Flynn replied, "Yes, I did know lying to the FBI was a crime."

The Judge then told Flynn he was a disgrace to his career, his uniform and his country and informed Flynn he was having his passport seized and that Flynn was not to travel more than 50 miles from Washington DC. Then His Honor said going to wait to see how Flynn behaved in cooperating with Mueller for the next 90 days, and he was definately considering having him serve jail time for his crimes, despite what Mueller had recommended because of how Flynn attacked the FBI and tried to mitigate his numerous crimes.

LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP LOCK HIM UP - and unlike Flynn's chant at the Rebublican Convention, there's a whole list of actual felony crimes Flynn committed to justify LOCKING HIM UP

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 182

@mandm84 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 182

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I have accused people of operating out of blind hatred for our President - it isn't a crime, "accusing" does not make a "crime". Comey seemed quite proud of the entrapment they created.

Can you point to the law against entrapment thereby making it a crime? That would be a great "hint".

If you're so certain entrapment played a role in the Flynn case, then how come the case wasn't thrown out? 

Because the case hasn't been heard.

Was "E" the letter of the week on Trump's criminal swamp Sesame Street? The blind ignorance of Trump supporters has them stuck repeating extortion - entrapment - extortion - entrapment.

Quite childish.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 182

@mandm84 wrote:

I love it , a Trump supporter calling someone else , like the Head of the FBI " a con job ". BTW Flynn himself and his Attorney stated to the court that they were not entrapped or conned into any testimony. I guess some don't read the real news ? Sounds more like the National Enquirer of AARP !!!

Who in their right mind would believe when the FBI brings you in to interview you , it's for a " friendly discussion " ?  Wake up and smell the coffee folks.

The FBI did not "bring him in". Have a cup of coffee and contemplate that.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 182

Remember Marion Barry?  They caught the dude smoking crack with a hooker and got it on tape but he got off because of the entrapment defense.  Are we saying Flynn is dumber than Marion Barry?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 182

Amazing that some can still claim entrapment after yesterday’s court hearings. Both the WH and Fox News had major egg on their faces...they expected the Judge to rail against the government, and he did...they just forgot that this is trump’s government! Oops!

Wonder what trump and supporters will think after we get to see the redacted portions, that the Judge has access to!

Should be good! Stay tuned. 

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 182

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 182

@rk9152 wrote:

I have accused people of operating out of blind hatred for our President - it isn't a crime, "accusing" does not make a "crime". Comey seemed quite proud of the entrapment they created.

Can you point to the law against entrapment thereby making it a crime? That would be a great "hint".

If you're so certain entrapment played a role in the Flynn case, then how come the case wasn't thrown out? That's the way it works, ya know. Entrapment does have criminal implications (civil implications, too). When the judge asked if Flynn felt entrapped, and the answer was NO, that's where this right wing conspiracy theory ends.

Was "E" the letter of the week on Trump's criminal swamp Sesame Street? The blind ignorance of Trump supporters has them stuck repeating extortion - entrapment - extortion - entrapment.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 182

I love it , a Trump supporter calling someone else , like the Head of the FBI " a con job ". BTW Flynn himself and his Attorney stated to the court that they were not entrapped or conned into any testimony. I guess some don't read the real news ? Sounds more like the National Enquirer of AARP !!!

Who in their right mind would believe when the FBI brings you in to interview you , it's for a " friendly discussion " ?  Wake up and smell the coffee folks.

Kudos
Views