Honored Social Butterfly

The Economy Lies trump Sells

Need facts?  Is the economy as good as trump wants you to believe?  Hardly....

"Individual data points can be deceptive, but trends don't lie...."  - Chris Cuomo

The US economy has been having a significant economic expansion for the last 11 years, trumps been in office for the last three.....riding the wave and taking credit for something he had little impact.  Similar to his boasting about his wealth when financial experts said after being given the millions of dollars as a gift by his daddy, though he only claimed it was a million dollars, had he done nothing, nothing at all but put the money in a typical investment account, he would be far more wealthier than he is today.....

Trend 1 - first 36 months of the trump presidency - 6.6 million jobs created....

last 36 months of Obama's term....8.1 million jobs created.....

Trend 2 - trump created an average of 162,000 jobs per month, the last 3 years.....

Obama created 224,000 jobs per month his last 3 years in office....

Mitch McConnell's wife, the head of the labor department, made adjustments to the data that reduced trumps job growth gains by 354,000 jobs.  Does anyone think they'll see THAT on trump's Twitter feed?  Ya think?

Trend 3 - Overall economic growth -  Last three years under trump, 2.5% growth.

Obama - last three years of growth was 2.4% growth....basically the same.....why?  The continuation of a trend; it's why trends matter!

Trend 4 - trump boasts wage growth of 3%, without mentioning at ALL, that many states have increased the minimum wage and which trump and Conservatives have opposed.  This is why wage growth is 3%

Meanwhile, REAL wages, grew on average, during the last 3 years of the Obama Administration 1.3%, while under trump they've only been at a measly pedestrian 0.8% (REAL Wages factor in inflation).

The Federal minimum wage remains stuck at $7.25 per hour and has not increased at all in the last decade and when states have increased the minimum wage, there have been like 30 states that have increased wages to as much as $15.00 per hour and trump attacked them.  Remember when trump falsely claimed wages would increase when companies received tax cuts?  LMAO!  You may have believed that bovine feces too, just like many did when he claimed the wealthy wouldn't receive a tax cut, and may even get a tax increase, and he wouldn't receive a tax cut as well.  The sheep are exposed once again and the Emreior still has no clothes.....

So, the minimum wage has increased NOT because of trump, but in spite of him......yet he wants you to believe he should get the credit for the economy and wage growth.  You aren't that stupid, yet you may believe he's the economic savior; he's far from it......

It's enough bovine feces to make someone:

Tearing Nancy Pelosi GIF by GIPHY News

Fact is, trump caused the GOP to swallow a HUGE tax-cut that costs BILLIONS....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Super Contributor

Good morning to all-

We need to be honest here.

tRump has done nothing- ever, in his entire life.  He inherited great wealth. He didn't create his wealth or help others create wealth. He just took and took and took and returned...nothing.

He inherited an economy that was improving. He has done nothing except damage American agriculture and business with his trade war with China, and he has done nothing to make the economic conflict with China better. His treatment of Mexico and Canada is the action of a spoiled bully and fool- which he is.

tRump is the ultimate inheritor. And he deserves nothing but scorn for his life misspent.

tRump sells lies because that's what his life is- a  series of lies.

tRump is capable only of presenting a ridiculous "reality" television show. And that's what he has done to our country- made it a "reality" show of a very low level.

Votye the garbage out. W can do better.

good day to all- Ed

Honored Social Butterfly

Went in to get a hair cut yesterday, small town, nice lady, does a good hair cut, takes her time, and doesn't charge a lot. $ 17 for a hair cut, beard trim, the works.

We're in there by ourselves, at that time business was slow. We're talking and the subject comes around to my wife, who has MS, how she doing, that sort of thing.  Then the subject goes to health insurance and how her family can't afford to buy it.

So she drills down into the numbers, $ 2000 a month for insurance for her family, that's 24K a year, 6K deductible for four people, another $ 24K, so that's $ 48k a year. I didn't bring up co pays, preexisting conditions, drug cost or anything, but I was thinking it, my wife has had MS for twenty years, I know what it's all about.

So I ask her did you apply for insurance though the ACA, maybe you could get a subsidise for health insurance, she said no.

So I said, well maybe Bernie Sanders would get elected President and we could get Medicare for all, she said I don't know about that.

So I saId maybe you can raise what you charge for haircuts, and she just laughed.

The whole time I'm thinking, yeah the ecomony is doing great.

Honored Social Butterfly

@gruffstuff wrote:

Went in to get a hair cut yesterday, small town, nice lady, does a good hair cut, takes her time, and doesn't charge a lot. $ 17 for a hair cut, beard trim, the works.

We're in there by ourselves, at that time business was slow. We're talking and the subject comes around to my wife, who has MS, how she doing, that sort of thing.  Then the subject goes to health insurance and how her family can't afford to buy it.

So she drills down into the numbers, $ 2000 a month for insurance for her family, that's 24K a year, 6K deductible for four people, another $ 24K, so that's $ 48k a year. I didn't bring up co pays, preexisting conditions, drug cost or anything, but I was thinking it, my wife has had MS for twenty years, I know what it's all about.

So I ask her did you apply for insurance though the ACA, maybe you could get a subsidise for health insurance, she said no.

So I said, well maybe Bernie Sanders would get elected President and we could get Medicare for all, she said I don't know about that.

So I saId maybe you can raise what you charge for haircuts, and she just laughed.

The whole time I'm thinking, yeah the ecomony is doing great.

Good anecdotal story, gruff.  That same story plays out millions of times across this country while the dictator thumps his chest....of course, chipping away at the ACA hurts millions as well....

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

There's another huge factor nobody mentioned and that's the deficit and the debt.

• Trump signed the largest budgets in U.S. history. 
  • His tax bill for the wealthy and large corporations was generally unfunded, resulting in higher deficits and more debt.
  • U.S. Debt is at a record level. It's only a matter of time before it brings down the economy.. 
Honored Social Butterfly

Right you are CeeTee....just tonight a low-information voter talked about how great the economy is doing....

Image result for judge judy shaking head

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Excellent post Cent!

Your facts clearly point out that Trump is simply riding on the coat tails of the massive economic recovery created by President Obama!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

Excellent post Cent!

Your facts clearly point out that Trump is simply riding on the coat tails of the massive economic recovery created by President Obama!

Thanks, Myexper!  Facts matter to most adults....except to The Cult.

Image result for thumbs up gif

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

very true, and he doesn't even know it! Shocking? Not!!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png