Explore your flexible work options with AARP's Flexible Work Online Expo from 2-5 p.m. ET Tuesday! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re The Democrats’ ‘Working-Class Problem’

Message 1 of 3

And then there are facts, which debunk much of this thread.    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2017/06/05/its-time-to-bust-the-myth-most-trump-v...

Once again the RW lose on translation.....

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

The Democrats’ ‘Working-Class Problem’

Message 2 of 3

JimC asked, "What is the position of Perez and Keith Ellison on this topic?"

I don't know, but I can say Perez is clueless and if the Dems don't get rid of him, they will continue to lose working class voters in huge chunks. 

Hillary has to stop making excuses, admit it was solely her fault for losing to Trump, and get out of the way for the next generation of leaders. 

My assessment of the Democratic Party can be summarized in two words, "INCOMPETENT and CLUELESS".

The biggest thing going for the Dems is a clown named Donald Trump and an all Republican Congress that can't govern. Let's hope Trump isn't impeached and he spends the next four years destroying the Republican Party.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The Democrats’ ‘Working-Class Problem’

Message 3 of 3
The Democrats’ ‘Working-Class Problem’ The Democrats also missed the economic stress and social problems in the cities themselves and in working-class suburbs.
06/02/2017 05:06 pm ET | Updated 2 days ago

The road to a sustainable Democratic majority — nationally, locally, and in the states — must include much higher Democratic performance with white working-class voters (those without a four-year degree). Nearly every group in the progressive infrastructure is busy figuring out how Democrats can get back to the level of support they reached with President Obama’s 2012 victory. That is a pretty modest target, however, given the scale of Democratic losses. It underestimates the scope of the problem and, ironically, the opportunity.

The Democrats don’t have a “white working-class problem.” They have a “working-class problem,” which progressives have been reluctant to address honestly or boldly. The fact is that Democrats have lost support with all working-class voters across the electorate, including the Rising American Electorate of minorities, unmarried women, and millennials. This decline contributed mightily to the Democrats’ losses in the states and Congress and to the election of Donald Trump.

Fortunately, Democrats have the opportunity to consolidate, engage, and perform much better with all of working America. I say “opportunity” advisedly, because better performance requires Democrats to embrace dramatically bolder economic policies and to attack a political economy that works for the rich, big corporations, and the cultural elites, but not for average Americans.

Bernie Sanders’s “revolution” and attack on big money was much closer to hitting the mark than was Hillary Clinton’s message, and he won millennials and white working-class voters in the primary. It is not surprising that white working-class voters then went for Trump, and that some Sanders voters went for the Green Party in the general election, but the Democrats’ working-class problem go way beyond what Sanders broached.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-democrats-working-class-problem_us_5931d23be4b00573ab57a34c

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

What is the position of Perez and Keith Ellison on this topic I wonder.....

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies