Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
237
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

237 Views
Message 41 of 113

@jimc91 wrote:

@Soosie This is amazing!  You should consider copying this thread and sending it to the author of the book you are reading.  Overwhelming evidence that she is dead on target!!!

 

Good job Soosie!

 

 


He or she whatever, this thread definitely demonstrates the point of the book.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
237
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
238
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

238 Views
Message 42 of 113

GOPers think this book is great so why don't they trot out one of its actual arguments in support of the fallacious title?

 

Could it be they know non-GOPers will read and demolish the arguments? Yep, that is a slam-dunk.

Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
238
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
237
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

237 Views
Message 43 of 113

@jimc91 wrote:

@Soosie This is amazing!  You should consider copying this thread and sending it to the author of the book you are reading.  Overwhelming evidence that she is dead on target!!!

 

GREAT JOB, Jim.  Once again demonstrating the closed-mind of a Conservative. Kim Holmes is male!

 

 Image result for calvin and hobbes laughing gif


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
237
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
231
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

231 Views
Message 44 of 113

@Soosie This is amazing!  You should consider copying this thread and sending it to the author of the book you are reading.  Overwhelming evidence that she is dead on target!!!

 

Good job Soosie!

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
231
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
235
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

235 Views
Message 45 of 113

@alferdpacker wrote:

 


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

 

 


Fictional?  The book aptly describes the liberal posters here....Claims a poster who clearly hasn't read the book!  Just more of the "group speak".....


Have you read the book?  No, but a did read several reviews of the book as well as well as a synopsis.  But, I didn't criticise others as YOU chose to do.  You see, there's a huge difference....those with an open mind will "get it".  If not how can you also criticize others? Who did I criticize? There is enough that has been summerized (sic) that one can get the gist of what it is about.  Could even be describing you.  Hardly; I'm not a Liberal.  But I did laugh literally out-loud when I saw the book referred to "cop-haters".  Bigots lump everyone together that have different views when most of America is somewhere in between.  Cop haters or cop apologists?  Most are neither and can intelligently admit and address where cops make mistakes; whereas some, like yourself, must play the "hate" game.  Most of America "gets it" and some even LOL because they've run out of pity.  But again, the point is, you haven't read the book and attack others by saying it "aptly applies describes the Liberals posting here".  An open-minded person understands.


 


I've reviewed two synopses of the book and have watched three interviews that display carefully crafted conservative bias that dishonestly has attempted to disguise itself as impartiality.

 

Holmes attempts to present conservative standards and values as standards and values universally accepted by all Americans.

 

The fact of that matter is that the stamdards and values of the majority of American Citizens are not primarily conservative - the low poll numbers and lack of confidence expressed by the majority of American Citizens regarding the republican party, the NRA, and the man who performed the Surrender at Helsinki remain continuing evidence of that.

 

Kim Holmes is a facile and convincing writer and speaker with a thirty plus year history of dishonest Heritage Foundation membership involved with telling untruths and succeeding in making things appear - to credulous members of the right - to be what they never have been and never will be.

 

Joseph McCarthy lied successfully and convinced many easily gulled people of a false and bogus "truth" that never was - as did Robert W. Welch, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, G.H.W Bush, G.W. Bush, Donald Trump, and now Kim Holmes tell of so-called "truths"...

 

So  - now - a book written by Kim Holmes is being held up as a "truth" by the credulous and easily gulled, while hoping to have his disingenuity accepted...


Well done, A.P., well done.  I wonder if the book will appeal to anyone other than Fox viewers.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
235
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
6
Kudos
234
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

234 Views
Message 46 of 113

 


@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

 

 

 


Fictional?  The book aptly describes the liberal posters here....Claims a poster who clearly hasn't read the book!  Just more of the "group speak".....


Have you read the book?  No, but a did read several reviews of the book as well as well as a synopsis.  But, I didn't criticise others as YOU chose to do.  You see, there's a huge difference....those with an open mind will "get it".  If not how can you also criticize others? Who did I criticize? There is enough that has been summerized (sic) that one can get the gist of what it is about.  Could even be describing you.  Hardly; I'm not a Liberal.  But I did laugh literally out-loud when I saw the book referred to "cop-haters".  Bigots lump everyone together that have different views when most of America is somewhere in between.  Cop haters or cop apologists?  Most are neither and can intelligently admit and address where cops make mistakes; whereas some, like yourself, must play the "hate" game.  Most of America "gets it" and some even LOL because they've run out of pity.  But again, the point is, you haven't read the book and attack others by saying it "aptly applies describes the Liberals posting here".  An open-minded person understands.


 


I've reviewed two synopses of the book, read three reviews by objective reviewers, and have watched three interviews of Holmes that display carefully crafted conservative bias that dishonestly has unsuccessfully attempted to disguise itself as impartiality.

 

Holmes attempts to present conservative standards and values as standards and values universally accepted by all Americans.

 

The fact of that matter is that the standards and values of the majority of American Citizens are not primarily conservative - they have always been a relatively equal mixture of conservativism and liberalism - the low poll numbers and lack of confidence expressed by the majority of American Citizens regarding the republican party, the NRA, and the man who performed the Surrender at Helsinki remain continuing evidence of that.

 

Kim Holmes is a facile and convincing writer and speaker with a thirty plus year history of membership in the disingenuous Heritage Foundation - involved with telling untruths and succeeding in making things appear - to credulous members of the right - to be what they never have been and never will be.

 

If Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, Ingraham and others have endorsed it - well - what opinion of Heritage Foundation can a sane, logical, rational and patriotic American Citizen possibly have of Heritage Foundation?

 

Joseph McCarthy lied successfully and convinced many easily gulled people of a false and bogus "truth" that never was - as did Robert W. Welch, Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, G.H.W Bush, G.W. Bush, Donald Trump, and now Kim Holmes tell of so-called "truths"...

 

So  - now - a book written by Kim Holmes is being held up as a "truth" by the credulous and easily gulled, while hoping to have his disingenuity accepted...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
6
Kudos
234
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
237
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

237 Views
Message 47 of 113

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


An open-minded person understands.

Then you probably don't? I understand so much so, you couldn't even respond to what I posted as indicated below.  It's quite telling.  But thanks for asking.....gives several a good giggle or two.  As far as your statement "I'm not a Liberal."  Your posts indicate otherwise since you post like one in spite what you claim. Which ones?  The ones where YOU called me a Conservative???  LMAO!!!  You're obviously so conflicted.....  The proof is in the facts and the fact is, even after 20,000 posts, you STILL can't show three topic issues that I've taken that are Liberal only positions.  Yet I can show you MORE than three positions you've taken that are Liberal positions.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
237
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
241
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

241 Views
Message 48 of 113
I'm not going to read a book so I can try to find something in the book that would help others to support someone elses opinions I don't agree with in the first place@mick...........I think you may be elevating your superior intellect just a bit. Go back and read the statement you made and tell me how you could have an opinion and not agree when you don't even know what is in the book? The amount I have read so far is not as unflattering to your cult group as you may think. As for a debate, don't think you understand what a debate is and the statement you made proves this. It is a FACT that you want to disagree with something when you don't even know what is in the book. Wonder what that is called????

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
241
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
5
Kudos
254
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

254 Views
Message 49 of 113

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:


If the Author of the Book posted on this Forum I might address them and the Book - they have not posted on this Forum - no one has posted any FACTS asserted in the book - all the posts in this Thread are from others and their posts contain their opinions - thats who I am responding too..............................

 

 

Have you considered going online and finding out more about it?  Or just like the liberal's creed here, just start condemning it?


Again, it's impossible to state my position any clearer - I am responding to the comments of the poster on this Forum....................no one has posted a single statement of fact from this book - no one and yet you want others to go read the book and then what - tell you what we read

 

How about you read the book and then you post the points from the book you want us to discuss

 

There are 50 regular posters on this forum - should we all demand that every other poster go read one of our Favorites - thats absurd - read the book yourself and make whatever point you want and if anyone is interested they will comment

 

@Soosie            ..................posted she was reading a book and then listed a bunch of her personal opinions - no excerpts from the book - no reference to anything in the book - just that she was reading a book and this is what she beleives..............

 

Based on her previous posts - I saw nothing new or illustrative based on her book reading - it was the same ole same ole - backed up by nothing more than I'm reading a book and you should read it too

 

WHY?

 

I'm not going to read a book so I can try to find something in the book that would help others to support someone elses opinions I don't agree with in the first place

 

That makes no sense - publish a excerpt from the book and I will destroy it with my own sources methods and resources.....................that called a debate - a fact based discussion

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
5
Kudos
254
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
241
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

241 Views
Message 50 of 113

Whether you read the book or not the accusation is that liberals are closed minded...or shall we say that the accusation is that the anti-trump people are closed minded and that trump supporters reflect that accusation. What we have here is the old trump snow job of transferring one’s thoughts and actions onto others to blame them for what trump actually did, and his then trying to shirk responsibility. In truth, it is the trump supporters who dislike and are closed minded and do not want to be responsible for their choice of supporting trump.

To trump supporters, please quit trying to blame us for your failure to read the “buyer beware signs” posted all over trump!

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
241
Views