WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Closing of The Liberal Mind

Message 101 of 113

@Soosie wrote:

I have started reading a good book.  "The closing of the Liberal Mind" by Kim Holmes.  I am curious why Liberals became so closed minded, so filled with hate, so repetitious, cop haters, illegal lovers, haters of the country that has provided them freedom, service men and women willing to die for their freedom, Ice lovers, herd mentality, haters of anyone who has made their own money, lovers of what the Government can take from one and give to them, and complaining it is never enough, haters of anyone who has not had at least one abortion, haters of anyone who believes in what they think is old fashioned sex, and worst of all the most closed minds in history.

How funny,  I thought you were speaking about Trump and Trump Followers,  your post seems to be able to swich names and it becomes relevant to the other side.  The Closing of the Conservative Mind.  It actually works both ways!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 102 of 113

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
@next time you might try to read a factual book instead of getting your ‘facts’ from a fictional novel. @Snoopy......can you tell me when you read the book? Sounds like you didn't.

Simply reading your post tells me that the author is just reinforcing your biases. Or did you just post your biases instead of anything about the book?

BEST example to date! Kudos @Snoopy48.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 103 of 113

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

I have started reading a good book.  "The closing of the Liberal Mind" by Kim Holmes.  I am curious why Liberals became so closed minded, so filled with hate, so repetitious, cop haters, illegal lovers, haters of the country that has provided them freedom, service men and women willing to die for their freedom, Ice lovers, herd mentality, haters of anyone who has made their own money, lovers of what the Government can take from one and give to them, and complaining it is never enough, haters of anyone who has not had at least one abortion, haters of anyone who believes in what they think is old fashioned sex, and worst of all the most closed minds in history.

Next time you might try to read a factual book instead of getting your ‘facts’ from a fictional novel.

@Snoopy48  You might try reading a post to which you are going to reply. It might be less ignorance-revealing while also allowing you to post something on-point. Soosie is not quoting the book, merely saying that she's reading it because she is curious about how the liberal mind became so closed.

The very act of allowing another's thoughts to co-exist with your own (as Soosie is doing) shows an open mind. Your post is the opposite of that. 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 104 of 113

@Soosie wrote:
@next time you might try to read a factual book instead of getting your ‘facts’ from a fictional novel. @Snoopy......can you tell me when you read the book? Sounds like you didn't.

Simply reading your post tells me that the author is just reinforcing your biases. Or did you just post your biases instead of anything about the book?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 105 of 113
Next time you might try to read a factual book instead of getting your ‘facts’ from a fictional novel. @Snoopy......can you tell me when you read the book? Sounds like you didn't.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 106 of 113
Were you looking for volunteers to post examples of how their closed minds operate? If so: congrats. If not, well, congrats anyway. Smiley Happy @Epster........One thing I have to give them....they are quick to provide examples.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 107 of 113

@Soosie wrote:

Next time you might try to read a factual book instead of getting your ‘facts’ from a fictional novel.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 108 of 113

@TxGrandpa2 ... and Bingo was his name-o. ...

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 109 of 113

@nctarheel

Did the original post mention anything about Trump?  But it was about 'the closing of the liberal mind' and your post serves as a perfect example of that.  Your mind is made up and that is that, and you want to continue your derogatory posts...an indication of the closing of the liberal mind to the thoughts of others.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 110 of 113

@Soosie  Were you looking for volunteers to post examples of how their closed minds operate? If so: congrats. If not, well, congrats anyway. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views