Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Clemson Tigers Do Not Mind Fast Food At The White House

Message 1 of 57

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Because they are open. And they don’t have reduced hours.

In the end, it doesn't matter what you, I, or anyone thinks about this, but what the players thought.  And from what I've been reading they were enthusiastic about the food and idea.  One could tell by the way they looked at and scarfed up on the hamburgers.  It was their day, not ours. 

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 57

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Never said they didn’t. All I said was that Trump should have gotten food from one of the local restaurants that were suffering.

How are we to know that the franchise fast food outlets are not suffering from the shutdown?  It was providing the players with food they appreciated that matters, politics and biases aside.

Have a nice day.

Because they are open. And they don’t have reduced hours.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 57

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Never said they didn’t. All I said was that Trump should have gotten food from one of the local restaurants that were suffering.

How are we to know that the franchise fast food outlets are not suffering from the shutdown?  It was providing the players with food they appreciated that matters, politics and biases aside.

Have a nice day.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 57

Since this post I started did go so far off topic and fortunately, we have been called on it, I will start another thread to talk about what my state is doing to help the Federal Workers.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 57

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Cent,

What was the big deal that Trump paid for the food himself?.

Given his bogus charity, and his lies about giving millions to vets, anytime he opens his wallet is a "big deal".  But who would ever believe anything trump or his his Press Secretary say's?  They are both compulsive liars.

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@n566192l wrote:

Cent,

What was the big deal that Trump paid for the food himself?.

Given his bogus charity, and his lies about giving millions to vets, anytime he opens his wallet is a "big deal".  But who would ever believe anything trump or his his Press Secretary say's?  They are both compulsive liars.

Not a thing wrong with the menu, I love a good hamburger as well as the next person. It was the political stunt of him showboating that he paid for it. This is the first strutting Peacock to ever be President. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 57

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
I don't think we will hear of them sitting on their cans waiting for a handout.

Some people relish the idea of staying as victims of government sponsored programs.

Do you mean like the furloughed Federal employees waiting for their paychecks..... going to the UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE, going to the SNAP OFFICE, and going to the food pantries because Baby DONNIE wants his vanity wall?

It is amazing how some who are getting some form of income are so quick to condemn those who have fallen on hard times through no fault of their own. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 57

Burger KingVerified account @BurgerKing

due to a large order placed yesterday, we're all out of hamberders. just serving hamburgers today.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 57

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Do you mean like the furloughed Federal employees waiting for their paychecks..... going to the UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE, going to the SNAP OFFICE, and going to the food pantries because Baby DONNIE wants his vanity wall?

Isn't the topic about the Clemson Tigers eating fast food at the White House and not about the shutdown, nor about 'Baby Donnie (small letters)' or the like?   And why the social networking shouting by using caps for certain words?  

Ask Soosie. nctarheel was just replying to what Soosie said.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 57

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I don’t debate when someone’s arguments are completely illogical.

Based on what is reported about the team's take on the visit and what has been posted here, I find the arguments of those on the left to be illogical.  It's my opinion that all the arguments against the visit and the food served is completely illogical, biased and partisan. 

Reports are indicating that the kids considered it an honor to be invited to the White House, and even to eat fast food hamburgers there. 

Never said they didn’t. All I said was that Trump should have gotten food from one of the local restaurants that were suffering. That’s it. I said nothing about all your concern about the visit, the type of food, or whether it was an honor. I don’t care about any of that. If you do, why even bother with my original post? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 57

Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors