Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Changing Environment

Message 11 of 18

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Read the post before responding to it.

I read your post quite well, and i know what type of answer you want to hear. but i am providing you with what I understand from your post and what you want others to say. And please delete the previous posts so this doesn't become a long read for others.

You did not read it very well since it had nothing to do with current unemployment numbers.

So, if you have some thoughts on this topic, it would be wise for you to read the first post before responding using only mind reading as a basis. Let me simplify that - I'd suggest you offer your thoughts, not what you think I want.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 18

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Since we are so against universal basic incomes, the first thing to happen is emigration. Americans will move to developing countries where they can get jobs and live at a decent standard of living. Better be bilingual. Smiley Wink 

Then maybe we will wise up. But somehow I doubt it. 

With Trump at the helm, America will no longer be classified as a developed country. More like something out of the remake of the Road Warrior. 

Plenty of coal, no forests, no trading partners, walls all around the country while immigrants fly over them in the flying cars we won't have the technical knowledge or capacity to produce. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 18

Since we are so against universal basic incomes, the first thing to happen is emigration. Americans will move to developing countries where they can get jobs and live at a decent standard of living. Better be bilingual. Smiley Wink 

Then maybe we will wise up. But somehow I doubt it. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 18

Redistribute  the wealth created by automation to the rest of the  populace, I guess  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 18

@rk9152 wrote:

I read your post quite well, and i know what type of answer you want to hear. but i am providing you with what I understand from your post and what you want others to say. And please delete the previous posts so this doesn't become a long read for others.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 18

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

On another topic a poster very accurately described the changes in the workplace since the '50s and then projected forward to a time when 10% of the workforce can produce all the goods and services needed by our population. That brought up the question - what does the 90% do to support itself?

Any ideas??

They  buy from China and because our manufacturing has left the US  the service industries are the one that have grown and they support that 90% that you are speaking about, or don't you believe in the unemployment number these days?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 18

@rk9152 wrote:

On another topic a poster very accurately described the changes in the workplace since the '50s and then projected forward to a time when 10% of the workforce can produce all the goods and services needed by our population. That brought up the question - what does the 90% do to support itself?

Any ideas??

They  buy from China and because our manufacturing has left the US  the service industries are the one that have grown and they support that 90% that you are speaking about, or don't you believe in the unemployment number these days?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

The Changing Environment

Message 18 of 18

Any ideas??

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors