Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: The Changing Environment

Message 1 of 18

@rk9152 wrote:

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sorry scout - I tried to get some ideas about your possibly accurate prediction for the future. But, there was little interest in going beyond President Trump, mind reading other posters.

Ah, well, it was an interesting idea you had.

I don't think that Scout is worried about your post, in fact I think he is relieved that you have so little to say. 

.....and the off-topic mind reading continues.....

Me off topic? you are joking aren't you?

no name
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 18

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Sorry scout - I tried to get some ideas about your possibly accurate prediction for the future. But, there was little interest in going beyond President Trump, mind reading other posters.

I don't think that Scout is worried about your post, in fact I think he is relieved that you have so little to say. 

.....and the off-topic mind reading continues.....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 18

@rk9152 wrote:

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 18

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 18

@rk9152 wrote:

The topic is not me nor is it your mind reading capabilities. It is about a realistic possibility for the future. It requires intelligent, mature thinking. 

You see how much I know you?  you can't help yourself.  you have to post a sarcastic comment  lol

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 18

@Roxanna35 wrote:

No Rk  I do have to guess where you are coming from because I have known you in this message board for too long and I sort of guess how you think probably think that the 90%  that you are speaking about are the ones that want everything for free and we will live in  a socialized type of society and the "mouchers" will rule the US and all the negative thoughts that you have always express about our society. But now I expect a never ending question and the disapproval of this post and another of your very sarcastic responses.

The topic is not me nor is it your mind reading capabilities. It is about a realistic possibility for the future. It requires intelligent, mature thinking. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 18

No Rk  I do have to guess where you are coming from because I have known you in this message board for too long and I sort of guess how you think probably think that the 90%  that you are speaking about are the ones that want everything for free and we will live in  a socialized type of society and the "mouchers" will rule the US and all the negative thoughts that you have always express about our society. But now I expect a never ending question and the disapproval of this post and another of your very sarcastic responses.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 18

@Richva wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Since we are so against universal basic incomes, the first thing to happen is emigration. Americans will move to developing countries where they can get jobs and live at a decent standard of living. Better be bilingual. Smiley Wink 

Then maybe we will wise up. But somehow I doubt it. 

With Trump at the helm, America will no longer be classified as a developed country. More like something out of the remake of the Road Warrior. 

Plenty of coal, no forests, no trading partners, walls all around the country while immigrants fly over them in the flying cars we won't have the technical knowledge or capacity to produce. 

I suspect that by the time the circumstances come about, Trump will no longer be President and I will have traded my dobro in for a harp.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 18

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Since we are so against universal basic incomes, the first thing to happen is emigration. Americans will move to developing countries where they can get jobs and live at a decent standard of living. Better be bilingual. Smiley Wink 

Then maybe we will wise up. But somehow I doubt it. 

That might work in the short term but since we now have a world economy, I expect the situation will catch up with the ex-pats pretty quickly.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 18

@Richva wrote:

Redistribute  the wealth created by automation to the rest of the  populace, I guess  

I suspect that might get the 10% a bit POed.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.