Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: The Biggest Federal Deficit In 6 Years

Message 11 of 32
saw a video yesterday of former House speaker Boehner talking about the deficit's under Obama and said they were "immoral." Really??????? Then they must be far worse now under Trump, right John? Party of fraud and hypocrites!
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 32

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Once again, this is the "I told you so" administration and I get to say I TOLD YOU SO!!! (I never tire of doing that)

Your patience may be tested after Democrats lose the Senate again.

Hmm. Sounds like you have given up on the house. Probably a good plan. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 32

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

amazing, how all we heard under Obama was the deficit, the deficit!! And now crickets! What has changed??? I can almost guarantee you if the Dems don't at least take back the House, in Nov. the GOP will suddently see the deficit light and there WILL be cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. I can almost guarantee you this!

Republicans are in power NOW and you don't see cuts in SS or Medicare. I can't speak to Medicaid since the lions share comes from your state! Dems will double taxes, increase unemployment, increase food stamps, and propagate poverty.

Once again, this is the "I told you so" administration and I get to say I TOLD YOU SO!!! (I never tire of doing that)

Your patience may be tested after Democrats lose the Senate again.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 32

Just like night follows day we now hear what the next step will be according to Reb. leadership in light of the new really high deficit numbers created by Trump and the Reb. They now want to cut and end entitlement programs like SS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc. Reb.econ expert on TV this evening told us that this has always been the Reb. plan for the last 40 years and gave supporting things they have tried to do. Message for most in AARP you are about to loose your Medicare, SS etc if the Reb. stay in power. Now do something about it or it will be gone. Do not vote R in 3 weeks.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 32

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

amazing, how all we heard under Obama was the deficit, the deficit!! And now crickets! What has changed??? I can almost guarantee you if the Dems don't at least take back the House, in Nov. the GOP will suddently see the deficit light and there WILL be cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. I can almost guarantee you this!

Republicans are in power NOW and you don't see cuts in SS or Medicare. I can't speak to Medicaid since the lions share comes from your state! Dems will double taxes, increase unemployment, increase food stamps, and propagate poverty.

Mitch McConnell Blames Entitlements for Rising U.S. Deficits

Nearly a year ago, as the debate over Republican tax breaks for the wealthy was near its end, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) insisted that the tax cuts didn’t need to be paid for – because they’d pay for themselves.

“I not only don’t think it will increase the deficit, I think it will be beyond revenue neutral,” McConnell said in December 2017. “In other words, I think it will produce more than enough to fill that gap.”

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell on Tuesday blamed rising federal deficits and debt on a bipartisan unwillingness to contain spending on Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security

A day after the treasury department announced the federal budget deficit had reached $779bn,

Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell said popular government programs, not massive tax cuts passed by Republicans last year, were to blame.

Sources

http://fortune.com/2018/10/16/mitch-mcconnell-us-budget-deficit/

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/mcconnell-eyes-cuts-medicare-social-security-address-deficit

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/16/mitch-mcconnell-federal-budget-deficit-tax-cuts

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 32

@KidBoy2 wrote:
easy posted..

Record income just reported by the federal government for 2018. Guess the low unemployment is now paying dividends for Trump administration.Will be even better when capital gains are reported due to recent sell-off in stock market..

=============================================================

Higher employment means higher tax collections...lower unemployment...a win win.

Where do you folks get this Stuff?.......................FOX

Lets take a look at the History of US Government Income Over The Last 8 Years - From The People Who Know

U.S. Treasury Department,

U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Tax Receipts.png

WASHINGTON—July 2018 - Corporations taking advantage of new, lower tax rates reduced their payments to the federal government last month.

The Treasury Department on Thursday said government receipts fell 7% in June compared with the same month a year earlier, including a 33% drop in gross corporate taxes.

Individual withheld and payroll taxes were down 5% from June 2017, while non-withheld individual taxes rose by 7%.

Source - https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-09-14/tax-cuts-are-costing-the-u-s-treasury-money

Source - https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-government-revenue-drops-after-tax-cuts-2018-07-12

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 32

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 32

@Tom5678 wrote:

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 32

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 32
Panjandrum's post..

KidBoy2: U.S. Government Deficit Grew 17% in Fiscal 2018 ... a lot of that is for interest paid on our debt that doubled under Obama.

It takes time for the tax collections to show.

Maybe Methuselah would see higher collections, but us mere mortals won't.Smiley Happy

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

It took time for the Reagan tax cuts to work for a balanced budget under Clinton.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors