Hundreds of Member Benefits. One Convenient Place to Explore Them. Check it Out!

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: The BENEFITS of the Administrative State.

Message 11 of 52

rk9152 wrote:

john258 wrote:

I am sure you can not see the claim on voting and property owners. You just proved that you understand none of this. Typical of the far right.

True - someone claimed that there was an effort afoot to restrict voting rights to property owners. I have not heard of it. So, typical of an open-minded Conservative I ask for more information. And, typical of a close-minded Progressive, you respond with an insult.

You told us in your posts that you wanted to follow what the framers of our constitution wrote in it. They wrote in it that to vote you must be a property owner. Try reading it before you post about it. So you see no insult just pointing out the errors of your ways. Now you can apologize to all as a number of posters told you this.

Report Inappropriate Content
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 52

john258 wrote:

I am sure you can not see the claim on voting and property owners. You just proved that you understand none of this. Typical of the far right.

True - someone claimed that there was an effort afoot to restrict voting rights to property owners. I have not heard of it. So, typical of an open-minded Conservative I ask for more information. And, typical of a close-minded Progressive, you respond with an insult.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 52

Olderscout66 wrote:

Amendment X Rights Reserved to States or People. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Due to their experience with an all powerful government, they attempted to limit the powers of the government so as to maximize the freedom of the people.

And after 8 years of experience wit hthe totally assinine and unworkable Articles of Confederation - the Government desired by modern GOPers - our Founding Fathers GAVE MUCH MORE POWER TO THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT.

Beyond that, we have the irrefutable fact nobody alive in 1789 had any idea that in a land as vast and rich as America, INDIVIDUALS could accumulate so much wealth that they could seriously inconvenience their neighbors (appologies to Kurt Vonnegutt).

We MUST have a strong central Government because there are places where evil can outvote good, Redland for example.

Without a strong central Government we would still have a segregatged South and Jim Crow would still reign supreme - the REAL objective of today's Republicans is to restore that situation with Oligarchs using their Corporate power to enslave the bottom 99% throughout America as surely as the Plantation Owners of yore enslaved the black men and women in Ole Dixie.

How "FREE" can you be if you can lose EVERYTHING because a child gets sick? How "FREE" can you be if you have no protection from losing your livelyhood to a capricious boss, or his idiot son? How "FREE" can you be when you cannot afford to educate your children?

And most of all, how FREE can you be when you're vote has been stolen by Gerrymanders and requirements for Identification that keep you from the polls?

And that means what - they got rid of Article X because of capricious bosses and sick children??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 52

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

john258 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

So the RW is mad that Sessions is attacking the rights of States to legalize pot within the boundaries of their own State....right?

Are these same folks wanting to walk back voting rights to property holders?

Those who wrote the Constitution were immigrants....I can only suggest that the whiners consider that instead of the nonsense that they cherry pick to "support".

This is an instance where federal law and State law conflicts. Under those circumstances, federal law wins.

Now, who have you heard looking to restrict voting to property owners?

Hate to break the news to you but you have stated that you want to go back to what the founders had in our founding document. Well voting was restricted to property owners. In keeping with your views there was no electricity, no computer, no Internet, no cars, no airplanes, etc. Now set the example of what you tell us about going back to what the founders wanted us to do. I assume you will stop using all the things that were not here when our founders wrote the document. We will all miss your posts.

Once again, who is looking to restrict voting based on property ownership?

Once again:  "Now set the example of what you tell us about going back to what the founders wanted us to do". 

Sorry, I can't see the connection between the claim that someone is supposedly looking to restrict voting rights to property owners and the type of government the founders wanted. The voting rights issue is contemporary

On the other hand, there is that word that some here like and you like to "Yeah, me too" - - - TROLL.

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Funny, when sending kids off to die in War no property requirement

Message 15 of 52

bkohatl wrote:

Isn't it funny, that when we send kids off to war, to fight and die, rich people like Rush Limbaugh, Donald Trump, Dick Cheney never seem to make it to the Battlefield. Spineless, Chickenhawk Draft Dodger Donald Trump had four deferments and a BOO BOO on his foot. I Love Trump's claim that he is a self-made millionaire, the $200,000,000 that Daddy gave him had nothing to do with his money? From 16-year-old Westie and Green Beret Mickey Feathersone to Special Prosecutor and Purple Heart Winner Lt. Robert Mueller to General Jimmy Stewart's son Ron, Killed in Vietnam, heroes are the guys who go not the ones who don't.  If you want a property requirement for voting, then the only ones who should die in our wars are people with property. 

vietnam 5.jpgvietnam 1.jpgMarine Mueller in Vietnam.PNGJimmy Stewart and Gloria and Son Vietnam.jpgvietnam 44.jpg

Are you expressing your support for or opposition to the Administrative State???

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 52

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

john258 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

So the RW is mad that Sessions is attacking the rights of States to legalize pot within the boundaries of their own State....right?

Those who wrote the Constitution were immigrants....I can only suggest that the whiners consider that instead of the nonsense that they cherry pick to "support".

This is an instance where federal law and State law conflicts. Under those circumstances, federal law wins.

Hate to break the news to you but you have stated that you want to go back to what the founders had in our founding document. Well voting was restricted to property owners. In keeping with your views there was no electricity, no computer, no Internet, no cars, no airplanes, etc. Now set the example of what you tell us about going back to what the founders wanted us to do. I assume you will stop using all the things that were not here when our founders wrote the document. We will all miss your posts.

Once again:  "Now set the example of what you tell us about going back to what the founders wanted us to do". 

Sorry, I can't see the connection between the claim that someone is supposedly looking to restrict voting rights to property owners and the type of government the founders wanted. The voting rights issue is contemporary

On the other hand, there is that word that some here like and you like to "Yeah, me too" - - - TROLL.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 52

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

john258 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

afisher wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 52

Olderscout66 wrote:

A modern society requires a Government that ADMINISTERS the essential functions of Government and not one as Republicans desire that contracts out all those administrative duties, such as insurning the citizens are not systematically posioned because the anticipated law suits from the victims families are cheaper than running a sanitary food processing facility.

The notion that a Government Bureauracy whose employees are held accountable for their service to the people they serve is less efficient than the Corporate Bureauracy that is held accountable only for the amount of profit it generates for their superiors is absurd, but its also GOPer Dogma, never to be questioned.

As noted previously, the ONLY source of basic research in the current business environemnt is GOVERNMENT, because the Corporations are slave to the next quarter's earnings report and looking past that 90 day(max) horizon is counterproductive for the people involved.

We may have had a good run at being the World's best innovator, but Red China has produced a "vending machine" for dispensing electric cars and can 3-D print entire buildings for half the cost of standard construction.  The Republicans who ranted only yesterday about WHO LOST CHINA? are the ones that wrote the laws that shipped not only our production facilities but the technology behind the products to the Commies, saving the Reds zillions on R&D that was paid for with OUR tax dollars.

You really should stick to stating your opinions because you get very, very lost right rapidly when you start your mind reading game.

Perfect example - Republicans are not anxious to contract out. They only use contracting out in the same way Jimmy Carter did back in the day - as a possibly more efficient alternative. As a matter of fact, staying to my area of expertise, has Carter beaten Reagan, the Air Traffic Control System would have been privatized in the '80s - with PATCO as the probable operator. 

So, now that we have cleared up the mind reading thing - what is your definition of "The Administrative State" as the ideal form of government? Try to focus on that and not be diverted by "the commies".

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 52

Amendment X Rights Reserved to States or People. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Due to their experience with an all powerful government, they attempted to limit the powers of the government so as to maximize the freedom of the people.

And after 8 years of experience wit hthe totally assinine and unworkable Articles of Confederation - the Government desired by modern GOPers - our Founding Fathers GAVE MUCH MORE POWER TO THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT.

Beyond that, we have the irrefutable fact nobody alive in 1789 had any idea that in a land as vast and rich as America, INDIVIDUALS could accumulate so much wealth that they could seriously inconvenience their neighbors (appologies to Kurt Vonnegutt).

We MUST have a strong central Government because there are places where evil can outvote good, Redland for example.

Without a strong central Government we would still have a segregatged South and Jim Crow would still reign supreme - the REAL objective of today's Republicans is to restore that situation with Oligarchs using their Corporate power to enslave the bottom 99% throughout America as surely as the Plantation Owners of yore enslaved the black men and women in Ole Dixie.

How "FREE" can you be if you can lose EVERYTHING because a child gets sick? How "FREE" can you be if you have no protection from losing your livelyhood to a capricious boss, or his idiot son? How "FREE" can you be when you cannot afford to educate your children?

And most of all, how FREE can you be when you're vote has been stolen by Gerrymanders and requirements for Identification that keep you from the polls?

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 52

MIseker wrote:

Yup..original intent constitutionalists.Calling it a living document lets those minorities and immigrants have too many rights. Same with the working class and poor.

The Constitution truly is a living document and was meant to be. Extreme Right and Alt-Right individuals hate that. The reason that Republicans practice the mighty Gerrymander is to keep enough ultra conservatives in Congress to control the Supreme Court and to keep more amendments from being made to give more power and more rights to the masses, creating a purer democracy. A purer democracy would take away the power of the 1%.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Announcements
Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families download this free guide developed by AARP to help make caregiving more manageable. It includes information on how to have vital conversations with older family members, organize important documents, assess your loved one's needs and locate important resources.
Top Kudoed Authors