Honored Social Butterfly

The Award Goes To

The award for the dumbest remark heard so far goes to Chuck Schumer.

He said Justice Ginsburg would be turning over in her grave in heaven over the appointment of Judge Amy Coney Barrett.

He did this as he looked up.  Problem with this is Ginsburg has not been buried yet and there is no mention in the Bible of graves in heaven.

How can he be this dumb???????  Like Biden, he is at his best when his mouth is closed.

Honored Social Butterfly

The original post was about the absurd statement Schumer made about graves in heaven.  I'm surprised that it was taken off topic by some who complain when posts go off topic.  

I don't answer some posters and am surprised they have not figured it out yet.  

Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

ALL THE POSTERS that you don't answer have it figured out.

They just take it as another distraction from the topic of the thread.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

The original post was about the absurd statement Schumer made about graves in heaven.  I'm surprised that it was taken off topic by some who complain when posts go off topic.  

It doesn't appear that one understood Senator Schumer's point or that "some posters" may not care whether or not another poster responds or not. It is not "they" who have not figured it out yet.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Not EVEN close to this Darwin Award Winner....

Honored Social Butterfly

THIS is what Schumer was talking about - not some inane interpretation of theology.

Republicans will overturn Roe v Wade and deprive women of the right to control their own bodies. Thousands of mothers will die as safe reproductive services are replaced with coathangers and Drano.

Then Republicans will use the Court to do what they cannot do in the Legislature - end affordable care for Americans.

And without the PPACA, 100 million Americans with a pre-existing condition will lose their health insurance as will anyone who gets really (i.e., expensively) sick while insurance companies re-institute their policy of putting a life-time cap on how much they'll pay for your coverage.

Without the controls on how much of their premium revenue the insurance companies have to return to their customers in the form of payments for coverage, coverage will be reduced. Meanwhile, with 24 Million more Americans without health insurance, the cost of treating them in the ER instead of the doctor's office will drive premiums up significantly. General public health will deteriorate as 24 million more people will show up to work and school SICK where they will infect others.

This is a psychological win for Fundamentalists and a real-life disaster for everyone.

And NO, the Toad's infantile EO to "protect" those with pre-existing conditions will NOT protect anyone - in the law, it's not worth the sharpie its signed with.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Republicans will overturn Roe v Wade and deprive women of the right to control their own bodies. Thousands of mothers will die as safe reproductive services are replaced with coathangers and Drano.

Maybe you have missed ALL the tech and medical advancements in more fail safe methods of   birth control, morning after methods, chemical abortion methods.

NOW, the time for a woman to determine her fate is before sex or a very short time after -

if they don't do this for themselves - they aren't in "control" anyway - they are letting fate determine their lives.

Honored Social Butterfly

GaiL1 posted.........Maybe you have missed ALL the tech and medical advancements in more fail safe methods of birth control, morning after methods, chemical abortion methods.

NOW, the time for a woman to determine her fate is before sex or a very short time after -

if they don't do this for themselves - they aren't in "control" anyway - they are letting fate determine their lives. My comments............Thank you for a sensible post. I keep wondering why a group of senior men think they are protecting womens' bodies. Maybe they need to protect by getting a snip to their own.
Honored Social Butterfly

Olderscout:   THIS is what Schumer was talking about - not some inane interpretation of theology.

Sometimes you have to go with inane when that's all you've got.😂

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66....................I watched his speech as he read it. Too bad he had the foolish statement in the speech. That is the most stupid thing I have heard him say to date.

As for the coat hangers and drano.  I hope women are not foolish enough to try this.  I also wonder where the great guys are who are using unprotected sex.  Why aren't they held accountable?  I see men in this group speaking out about women's bodies.  Why the heck aren't men better protectors of women's bodies and avoid getting them pregnant in the first place?  Don't they play a BIG role in avoiding getting a woman pregnant?  I feel sorry for women who allow men to use them this way.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

I also wonder where the great guys are who are using unprotected sex.  Why aren't they held accountable?  

Why the heck aren't men better protectors of women's bodies and avoid getting them pregnant in the first place? 

Don't they play a BIG role in avoiding getting a woman pregnant? 

It is interesting to see how DISTRACTIONS from the real argument attempts to send a discussion in another direction.

The point several are trying to make is NOT who has the responsibility for pregnancy. It is NOT who wears protection. It is NOT what role men have in sexual activity.

But it IS about whether women have the RIGHT to determine what happens to their OWN BODY.

What is worse, a WOMAN'S RIGHTS  to determine what happens to their OWN BODY will be decided by mostly MEN.

NO! IT'S CONSERVATIVES THAT ARE NUTTIER THAN SQUIRREL POOP!
Honored Social Butterfly

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

I also wonder where the great guys are who are using unprotected sex.  Why aren't they held accountable?  

Why the heck aren't men better protectors of women's bodies and avoid getting them pregnant in the first place? 

Don't they play a BIG role in avoiding getting a woman pregnant? 

It is interesting to see how DISTRACTIONS from the real argument attempts to send a discussion in another direction.

The point several are trying to make is NOT who has the responsibility for pregnancy. It is NOT who wears protection. It is NOT what role men have in sexual activity.

But it IS about whether women have the RIGHT to determine what happens to their OWN BODY.

What is worse, a WOMAN'S RIGHTS  to determine what happens to their OWN BODY will be decided by mostly MEN.

Well said, NC!  The only one here advocating taking decisions/opportunity/choices away from women, is indeed quite obvious.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Soosie:   As for the coat hangers and drano. I hope women are not foolish enough to try this. 

“In Chicago, at Cook Country Hospital, there were about 5,000 women a year coming in with injuries bleeding resulting to illegal abortions, mostly self-induced abortions,” Leslie Reagan, the author of When Abortion Was a Crime, said in an interview. “They had an entire ward dedicated to taking care of people in that situation. Those wards pretty much closed up around the country once abortion was legalized.”

https://www.counterpunch.org/2006/01/20/abortion-before-roe/

Honored Social Butterfly

Seems the burden is placed on the one who is carrying the child. I don't see any answers about the man's role in preventing the woman from getting pregnant. They just seem to want to determine that someone should remove the child they helped to create. Very manly indeed.
Honored Social Butterfly

@Soosie wrote:

Seems the burden is placed on the one who is carrying the child.  Having no choices creates an unnecessary burden on the woman.  I don't see any answers about the man's role in preventing the woman from getting pregnant. By this time, BOTH person's, the WOMAN and the MAN have already answered your delemma... They just seem to want to determine that someone should remove the child they helped to create. Very manly indeed. Actually, very SEXIST indeed...you choose to ignore the fact that it takes two...and ONLY want to blame men...

Social Butterfly

Amen

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png