Honored Social Butterfly

The Ant and the Grasshopper

We all remember the story of the Ant and the Grasshopper. The Ant saved and built up reserves when times were good in anticipation of the bad times which always occurred.  For the Ant, it was winter. The Grasshopper played all day when times were good. In today's story he cut taxes for the rich and increased the deficit. He used bailouts to help his key constituents (only) when his trade policies backfired. He berated his Federal Reserve to lower rates in good times to further "goose" the stock market. 

In the parable, the bad times came.  The Ant had reserves and was able to suffer through the bad times.  The Grasshopper had squandered all the reserves from the good times and had nothing left to compensate when the bad times came. 

That Ant said to the Grasshopper:  "how could you be so stupid? You knew bad times always come."  The Grasshopper replied: "How could I know about the Coronavirus?"   The Grasshopper completely missed the point of the fable. 

Honored Social Butterfly

To adequately update Aesop's fable for 21st Century America, we need to include how the Grasshopper inherited the deed to the wheat field and has been overtaxing the Ant's gathering and storage work while eliminating taxes on inherited wealth and the income investments create without any effort on the part of the investor.

Then we need a sly FOX to tell the little Ant's that it is because the Grasshoppers are the MAKERS of the wheatfield while Ant's are just TAKERS of the wheat. That way the little Ant's grow up accepting the status quo and worshiping the Grasshoppers who they truly believe MADE all the wheat.

Honored Social Butterfly

patience grasshopper

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
patience grasshopper

I have patience.  I have no tolerance for incompetence.  First time I ever saw an orange grasshopper. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:
patience grasshopper

I have patience.  I have no tolerance for incompetence.  First time I ever saw an orange grasshopper. 

You should get out more.

http://www.wildflorida.com/articles/Floridas_Giant_Orange_Grasshoppers.php

Honored Social Butterfly

It's amazing to see how y'all turn this around. Lol.... really? The forest and the trees comes to mind.

Progressives are absolutely bound and determined to make those who have accumulated wealth and possessions (ants) .... to redistribute to those people progressives deem suppressed. Reparations, student debt, medicare for all, etc.

progressives are making the demands to redistribute... not the other way around. Pay attention, understand the moral of the story and quit making stuff up.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png